bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The struggle within  (Read 5887 times)

gallenwalsh

The struggle within
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:34:57 PM »

I am an x-member of WWCOG and my struggle is to unlearn what they taught me, some of it was good but some really BAD. I remember a member giving a sermon on the future sons of GOD and that we would all have our own planet and go forth creating more Adam and Eves and start this whole process all over again, and we as individual GODS will  have to be made flesh and die on a cross to save them just like Christ did. This is one of the reasons I left them, they just kept on getting more and more bizarre and scary to me. Has any one that was an x-member heard of this theory ? To me that would make the sacrifice of Christ NOT good enough to be ONCE and FOR ALL. I think It is Blasphemy and so ego centric to think like that , not to mention just a plain disgusting and fearful thought that GOD would perpetuate such a thing for eternity.That would make him bloody. I tend to think that Christ was not yet a finished creation until he became flesh and suffered with us so that he can make us like him, and he can be more merciful because of his experience as a man, making him the Perfect SAVIOR OF US ALL. Any comments appreciated.

Marky Mark

Re: The struggle within
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 02:03:49 PM »

Has any one that was an x-member heard of this theory ?

Hello Gallenwalsh.

As long as the church of this world has not yet had their eyes opened to the Truth of the Spirit, I'm afraid that they will continue in their quest for blasphemes that go against all of what God is.

Believe what Scripture says and hold true to that. Silly unfounded stories are just that, silly.

Peace...Mark

geokuhns

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 03:19:56 PM »

Hi Gallenwalsh,

My wife & I were members of the WCG from 1966 to 1978. I definitely remember being taught the scenerio you presented. One of the ministers from the WCG that traveled around the country teaching "weird" future events was Gerald Waterhouse. I'm not sure if he taught what you presented in your post. I recently read a comment by Ray Smith that would be fitting to this false teaching.

“Scripture please? This is all unscriptural, speculating, fantasy.”   ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 03:24:54 PM by George Kuhns »

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 03:36:01 PM »

Getting out of Babylon is easy, getting Babylon out of us is a diffrent story.  Keep reading Ray's LOF series and praying that God will continue to open you're spiritual eyes and ears.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 03:42:57 PM »

Amen to that, Longhorn! You have spoken a truth!!
Kathy ;)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 05:05:58 PM »

Any church is good...

...to come out of. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

AK4

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 09:40:17 AM »

I am an x-member of WWCOG and my struggle is to unlearn what they taught me, some of it was good but some really BAD. I remember a member giving a sermon on the future sons of GOD and that we would all have our own planet and go forth creating more Adam and Eves and start this whole process all over again, and we as individual GODS will  have to be made flesh and die on a cross to save them just like Christ did[/u][/u]. This is one of the reasons I left them, they just kept on getting more and more bizarre and scary to me. Has any one that was an x-member heard of this theory ? To me that would make the sacrifice of Christ NOT good enough to be ONCE and FOR ALL. I think It is Blasphemy and so ego centric to think like that , not to mention just a plain disgusting and fearful thought that GOD would perpetuate such a thing for eternity.That would make him bloody. I tend to think that Christ was not yet a finished creation until he became flesh and suffered with us so that he can make us like him, and he can be more merciful because of his experience as a man, making him the Perfect SAVIOR OF US ALL. Any comments appreciated.

I too came out of one of the branches of the wwcog and i remember this scenario being taught.  Heres one problem with the scenario above.  The part i underline, although Christ confirms that yes we are gods ["we shall be like/similar Him"], the wwcog here contradict scripture by saying we will be made flesh again --[no scripture to support this] and that we die AGAIN--["it is appointed ONCE for men to die"].

Well that should be all you need.  If they contradict in one point then the rest is not worthy to consider IMO.

Hope this helps

In Jesus

Anthony

daywalker

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 06:05:50 PM »

Hi Gallenwalsh,

My wife & I were members of the WCG from 1966 to 1978. I definitely remember being taught the scenerio you presented. One of the ministers from the WCG that traveled around the country teaching "weird" future events was Gerald Waterhouse. I'm not sure if he taught what you presented in your post. I recently read a comment by Ray Smith that would be fitting to this false teaching.

“Scripture please? This is all unscriptural, speculating, fantasy.”   ;D

I watched this show on the History Channel over the weekend titled "Hell: the Devil's Domain". I've seen parts of it before, and I mainly watched it because they talked about pre-biblical beliefs in afterlife/hell/the devil... and also the 'evolution' [if you will] of the Hell Doctrine in the Church, and how it slowly changed and was added to, and influenced, especially by poetry. [i.e. Dante's Inferno]

Anyway, they had a few bits from the wife of Billy Graham, and I just kept laughing whenever she spoke because she would keep saying, "Well the bible says this" and "the bible says that"... and I kept saying "Ummm.. Scripture?", "you gotta chapter, verse on that one?"... LOL

It's amazing how someone can so boldly make all these false statements about what the Bible says on television...  :o

Though, I was pleasantly surprised when the narrator explained the meanings of Sheol, Hades, and even Gehenna... and he also said that the Bible only made "vague" and "indirect references" to the Church's teaching of Hell, and that most of it was influenced by ancient paganism, poetry, or by self-seeking Church leaders.

Over all it was an interesting documentary.

Daywalker. 8)

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »

Though, I was pleasantly surprised when the narrator explained the meanings of Sheol, Hades, and even Gehenna... and he also said that the Bible only made "vague" and "indirect references" to the Church's teaching of Hell, and that most of it was influenced by ancient paganism, poetry, or by self-seeking Church leaders.

Over all it was an interesting documentary.

Daywalker.

Daywalker,

I did watch that show too, you are correct; most impressive thing was that many in the world know much more than those who claim they love GOD and that they are saved. There is so much to learn, and no reason to keep trying to mix the old and new wine in the same old container.

This experience of evil (physical life) is humbling (Ecc 1:13 CLV), and ever more so when we start to look around and get out of being all wrapped up in me, me ,me. We are mostly still walking around in the desert, but because we are moving, have the illusion that we can take ourselves there, or at least help to do so.

This in spite of what our Lord Jesus Christ Said: Truly, truly 3 different times in just 12 verses???

Joh 5:19-30 (MKJV)
19  Then Jesus answered and said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, The Son can do nothing of Himself but what He sees the Father do. For whatever things He does, these also the Son does likewise.

20  For the Father loves the Son and shows Him all the things that He Himself does. And He will show Him greater works than these, so that you may marvel.

21  For as the Father raises the dead and makes alive, even so the Son of Man makes alive whomever He wills.

22  For the Father judges no man, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
23  so that all should honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

24  Truly, truly, I say to you, He who hears My Word and believes on Him who sent Me has everlasting life and shall not come into condemnation, but has passed from death to life.

25  Truly, truly, I say to you, The hour is coming and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God, and they who hear shall live.

26  For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has given to the Son to have life within Himself,
27  and has given Him authority to execute judgment also, because He is the Son of Man.

28  Do not marvel at this, for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves shall hear His voice,
29  and shall come forth, those who have done good to the resurrection of life, and those who have practiced evil to the resurrection of condemnation.

30  I can do nothing of My own self. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of the Father who has sent Me.

Yet after all this and so many other Scripture that affirm it, we mostly still look for what part we are supposed to do, so as to get a bit of glory or justification. As Ray has stated many times, why can't you (ye) we believe the Scriptures.

george ;D.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.