bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Satan loosed for a while ?  (Read 5538 times)

gallenwalsh

Satan loosed for a while ?
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:02:41 PM »

I just have  a question regarding Satan being loosed for a short time to tempt the Nations after the New Age rule of Christ. I did a word search and was unable to come up with any response. Does Ray offer any insight into this event ?  As usual I am sure this is symbolic and not literal but I'm having trouble making the connection.I know it ends well because fire from heaven devours the greedy who come up against New Jerusalem (whom I assume are the first fruits of GOD and hopefully us.) Strange ,..even as I am writing this things come to my mind I am thinking that this fire from heaven is symbolic of the rest of humanity being converted and saved. Did I answer my own question ?

mharrell08

Re: Satan loosed for a while ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 01:38:04 PM »

I just have  a question regarding Satan being loosed for a short time to tempt the Nations after the New Age rule of Christ. I did a word search and was unable to come up with any response. Does Ray offer any insight into this event?

Not at the moment, but has referenced future writings on this prophecy:

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3912.msg29876.html#msg29876):

Dear Jay:
    The answer to your question will demolish the chronology of accepted eschatology according to the Christian Church and many other cults. This subject, however, is huge and cannot be answered in a short email. Besides, when I teach it I want to teach it in context with the accompanying prophecies. The answer to your question solves many enigmas in the Scriptures and the book of Revelation.  Some of this is being covered in Part D of my HELL series. The first 20 pages or so should be posted next week. Sorry, but it would take me days to cover this subject. Hope you understand.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Email reply from Ray (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2644.msg19821.html#msg19821):

Dear Sue:
I am afraid that you do what we all do at some time or another, and that is
to assume that the Scriptures say things that they don't.

Technically, nowhere does it actually say that Jesus will reign for a thousand
years, althought it can be deduced, and yes, it certainly is symbolic.

As as for the 100 year where you suggest that Satan is loosed, the Scriptures
absolutely do not defend such a "100 year" period. But yes, the "little season," is also
symbolic.  I will be writing on these subject in the future.

God be with you,
Ray

As usual I am sure this is symbolic and not literal but I'm having trouble making the connection.

Just a note: Ray goes over understanding the symbolism, for the Book of Revelation specifically, in the 12 Truths paper (http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm). Look under Truth #11 and see if that helps in understanding.

I know it ends well because fire from heaven devours the greedy who come up against New Jerusalem (whom I assume are the first fruits of GOD and hopefully us.) Strange ,..even as I am writing this things come to my mind I am thinking that this fire from heaven is symbolic of the rest of humanity being converted and saved. Did I answer my own question?

The scripture doesn't describe anyone as 'greedy', not sure where you got that from.

As far as the fire from heaven, here is a note from Ray:

Excerpt from 'How Hard is Getting Saved' (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3849.0):

“In as much as you’ve done it to the least of these, my brethren, you’ve done it unto me!” (Matt. 25:40). 

ANYWHERE! EVERYWHERE!

That’s what He taught them! “Any scripture you read, it has reference to me (Christ)! And if it has reference to me, it’s talking about you!” Therefore, when I read Isaiah, Ezekiel, Jeremiah, I know what it’s talking about. Fire should come out of your mouth, and you will devour them. That’s talking about this ministry, TODAY. That’s this ministry! “You fools, you hypocrites, you snakes!” That’s fire from heaven. And that’s going to devour people. It’s going to make them very angry when that heat from that fire hits them.  Now are you starting to understand?

Hope this helps,

Marques

gallenwalsh

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 02:54:02 PM »

Hi Marques,......that scripture I quoted about Greedy men was taken from either KJV or the American Standard version  I remember it specifically, and it says , That Satan will be loosed for a short time after the reign of Christ to gather the nations, that the Gog and the Magog will go up against the beloved city and that they could be saved but their hearts were greedy and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.Perhaps an incorrect translation but then again I am not a scholar and not responsible for poor interpretations. I only know what I read. You guys must have a different bible than mine.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 10:32:17 PM »

................and that they could be saved.........

I cannot find that phrase anywhere in the scriptures.
What translation are you using??

Rev 20:7  And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8  And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 02:31:53 AM »

Hi Marques,......that scripture I quoted about Greedy men was taken from either KJV or the American Standard version  I remember it specifically, and it says , That Satan will be loosed for a short time after the reign of Christ to gather the nations, that the Gog and the Magog will go up against the beloved city and that they could be saved but their hearts were greedy and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.Perhaps an incorrect translation but then again I am not a scholar and not responsible for poor interpretations. I only know what I read. You guys must have a different bible than mine.

Gallenwalsh,

When you ask a question or series of questions, please post the exact Actual verses of Scripture you are referring to. I see no place where any of the translations you quoted KJV & ASV have any such wording. Are you using another translation also, i use many different Bibles and still need repeated readings plus cross reference the Greek or Hebrew/Aramaic (which i have to depend on concordances to explain) to get a better sense of the chapter (parables).

Rotherhams
Rev 20:7 And, as soon as the thousand years, shall be ended, the Accuser shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 and will go forth to deceive the nations that are in the four corners of the earth, the Gog and Magog, to gather them together unto the battle—the number of whom, is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9 And they came up over the breadth of the land, and surrounded the camp of the saints, and the beloved city. And there came down fire out of heaven, and devoured them;
Rev 20:10 and, the Adversary that had been deceiving them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where were both the wild-beast and the false-prophet; and they shall be tormented, day and night, unto the ages of ages.

ASV
Rev 20:7  And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8  and shall come forth to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to the war: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9  And they went up over the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are also the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Rev 20:7  And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8  And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9  And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev 20:10  And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

KJV+TVM
Rev 20:7  AndG2532 whenG3752 the thousandG5507 yearsG2094 are expiredG5055 [G5686], SatanG4567 shall be loosedG3089 [G5701] out ofG1537 hisG846 prisonG5438,
Rev 20:8  AndG2532 shall go outG1831 [G5695] to deceiveG4105 [G5658] the nationsG1484 whichG3588 are inG1722 the fourG5064 quartersG1137 of the earthG1093, GogG1136 andG2532 MagogG3098, to gatherG4863 themG846 togetherG4863 [G5629] toG1519 battleG4171: the numberG706 of whomG3739 is asG5613 the sandG285 of the seaG2281.
Rev 20:9  AndG2532 they went upG305 [G5627] onG1909 the breadthG4114 of the earthG1093, andG2532 compassedG2944 the campG3925 of the saintsG40 aboutG2944 [G5656], andG2532 the belovedG25 [G5772] cityG4172: andG2532 fireG4442 came downG2597 [G5627] fromG575 GodG2316 out ofG1537 heavenG3772, andG2532 devouredG2719 [G5627] themG846.
Rev 20:10  AndG2532 the devilG1228 that deceivedG4105 [G5723] themG846 was castG906 [G5681] intoG1519 the lakeG3041 of fireG4442 andG2532 brimstoneG2303, whereG3699 the beastG2342 andG2532 the false prophetG5578 are , andG2532 shall be tormentedG928 [G5701] dayG2250 andG2532 nightG3571 forG1519 everG165 and everG165.

(LITV)
Rev 20:7  And whenever the thousand years are ended, Satan will be set loose out of his prison,
Rev 20:8  and he will go to mislead the nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to assemble them in war, whose number is as the sand of the sea.
Rev 20:9  And they went up over the breadth of the land and encircled the camp of the saints, and the beloved city. And fire from God came down out of Heaven and burned them down.
Rev 20:10  And the Devil leading them astray was thrown into the Lake of Fire and Brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet were. And they were tormented day and night to the ages of the ages.

george :).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.