bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christ and the Father are one  (Read 4111 times)

gallenwalsh

Christ and the Father are one
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:20:24 PM »

Since studying on this sight I have a completely different view of who and what Christ is and I would like to put forth my understanding for some criticism.God the Father is spirit . ( But I wonder if he has a literal face, arm legs etc). There is a scripture that says the Angles in heaven do always see my fathers face, I tend to think this is symbolic of God being turned toward them in favor and they have spiritual understanding of what he is through Christ.What I'm getting at is that I think that Christ is a created being that created everything that was made, and I think God the father Channels himself through Christ and makes himself Known through the thoughts and deeds of Christ.In other words God is invisible and manifests himself expressly through Christ alone, that is why if you have seen Christ you have indeed seen the father. Which poses a question to me, when Christ turns over the kingdom to the Father will we be seeing another Being ? Or is that just being symbolic of Christ achieving Gods objective of filling us all with his spirit through Christ then God will be everything to us and in us all ?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Christ and the Father are one
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »

I know this Gallenwalsh

Joh 14:9  Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

As for your speculations regarding the above, I don't know ..........  :)

Arc

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Christ and the Father are one
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 04:22:25 PM »

Exo 20:2-4  I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.  Thou shalt have no other gods before me.  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth...

Rom 7:14  For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

1Jn 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html has more info than exposing the trinity doctrine, in case you haven't read it or not in a while.

I personally wouldn't find too much fault in your current understanding, except as I would find in anybody's understanding--most especially my own--they are all incomplete and fall short of the Glory of God.  So, since the law is Spiritual, don't be too quick to "make unto thee any (spiritual) graven images".

I would also commend you on mostly using Scriptural terms to describe your understanding.  Since "...the words that I (Christ) speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life...", all you have to do now is understand all Scripture spiritually.   :D  I can't say for sure, because I don't know what is in YOUR spirit, but I believe you are moving forward.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.