bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayers for my Mom and family.  (Read 4654 times)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Prayers for my Mom and family.
« on: March 28, 2010, 02:59:41 PM »

Got the call that my step-dad died. He's been battling Stage IV prostate cancer for a long time. Please say a prayer for my family, especially my Mom, and his family. I'm happy that he is no longer suffering and is sleeping!

http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

lauriellen

Re: Prayers for my Mom and family.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 03:02:09 PM »

so very sorry for your loss....i pray that God would give you all comfort and strength to endure....=(
lauriellen

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 03:54:12 PM »

I'm sorry, Patrick...Prayers for you and your family will be said! I'm glad your step dad is no longer in pain...
Kathy :'(  :)

Ellie

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »

Patrick.....sorry for your loss and prayers are said for you and yours.
                                                 Ellie

Linny

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »

I'm sorry Patrick. Praying for your family and especially your mom.  :'(

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 12:58:20 AM »

Sorry for you loss, Patrick.  Will pray for your mom and extended family.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 01:44:01 AM »

patrick,
i am sorry for you and your momma, and all your extended family members who knew and loved your stepdad. i too am glad that he now sleeps instead of waiting in suffering. i ask Father God for His mercy and comfort to sustain  your momma and all of you.

i also think that it is very cool that you posted the link to ray's paper on death at the bottom of your prayer request.

claudia

cherokee

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 10:00:05 AM »

Will keep you and family in my prayers.

Blessings,
Suzie

Roy Coates

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 11:39:41 PM »

Peace to you my brother, Praying for you and yours.

Patrick

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 01:16:54 PM »

Thanks, everyone!
Glad to be back in AZ.
The funeral was the most difficult, that I've had to sit through, from a Spiritual standpoint. So much un-Scriptual teaching/comments coming out of everyone's mouths. Christians don't ever die, he's eating jambalaya with God, he's now planting pecan trees in heaven. I had to walk away from the burial; my Mom was sitting right next to her headstone. 

Ninny

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 05:37:46 PM »

Patrick,
I know how you feel it was the same way at my mom's funeral...and my dad's..That was long before Bible-Truths came along..but I knew that my mother was NOT in heaven OR in hell...I told my children, who were very young at the time, "She's just sleeping until Jesus comes back to wake her up.." and again when my dad died in 1989 I told my teenage sons, "He's just sleeping and when Jesus comes back, in the resurrection, he'll wake up again and the first thing he will see is the beautiful face of our loving Jesus." while everyone else was talking about what they were doing in heaven I was thanking God that my parents who had worked so hard and suffered much in their life were now at rest and waiting to hear Jesus' voice calling to them...Knowing that death is a sleep and that they have NO knowledge of what is going on with those who remain alive is freedom! It's a peace and a freedom that most Christians don't have!
Peace and freedom, dear brother!  :)
Kathy

Linny

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 01:31:26 AM »

Yes, Patrick! When my dad died we were new to BT and our new beliefs. My sister who is a pastor's wife made these thank you cards and signed all our names and it was all I could do to let them go out with my name on them.  ::)  I doubt I'd do it now. ugh
And the funeral. Oh dear.  :-\ It was SO HARD to listen to. All funerals are difficult for us now.

I hope you were able to find joy spending time with family at least and able to be there for your mom as I'm sure she needed you.

Samson

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2010, 10:20:30 AM »

Got the call that my step-dad died. He's been battling Stage IV prostate cancer for a long time. Please say a prayer for my family, especially my Mom, and his family. I'm happy that he is no longer suffering and is sleeping!

http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

Patrick,

I extend my sympathy for You and Your Family members, especially Your Mom, as She has now lost Her Marriage Mate. He's now asleep, awaiting the Resurrection, a hope that's 100% sure. A reality that we can bank on. We can all look forward to the Day, when the last enemy-Death is no more. The day draws nearer when their will be no more physical death and no more Spiritual Death. May God's Spirit cause you to feel comforted and perservere during this difficult time.

Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.