bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Drinking water  (Read 9575 times)

Roy Martin

Drinking water
« on: March 29, 2010, 11:24:55 AM »

Hello everyone, I've been away for a couple of weeks meditating on the Spirit in us.Trying to make that connection within rather than outwardly, but this topic is about drinking water.
 I've been doing some testing, and research on drinking water; tap water, distilled , bottled, spring water and so on.
 Our body pH should be a pH of 7.5-7.8. Tap water on the norm is 7.0, and so is all bottled and filtered water.Filtered water and bottled water are without essential minerals. Drinking bottled and filtered water will draw these extremely important minerals from our bones and joints, which needless to say is a bad thing.
 Knowing the things I do about plants and the importance of pH which affects many things, but most importantly is the immune system.
 We all know that our body is 75% water. Our brain is 80% water. Well common sense should tell us that water is something to take very serious.
 I started thinking about Baking soda, since I know it is very alkaline and has many health benefits. A Doctor in Rome has been treating and curing cancer with it administering the tumor with injections and oral applications.
 I went into the kitchen and added just a pinch, about 1/8 of a teaspoon of baking soda to an 8 oz. glass of filtered water. pH went from 7.0 to 8.4 which is almost 15 times higher. I added 10 drops of trace minerals. 20-40 drops is a daily dose. My goal is a pH of 10.5, but one needs to adjust to this increasing levels every few days.
 I did some more research and found a water system that gives you high pH water that sounds very impressive with other benefits as well. Anyone interested and I'll add the link if its permitted.
 I hope this post will be beneficial to all of you that are interested.
I read that Rays is paying nine dollars a gallon for high pH water. I don't know where he gets it, or what is in it, but I think I can make it myself for just pennies a gallon.
 Water is our substance. I think this is the key to a much healthier life. I know we can't prolong it, but we can sure make it more comfortable.
 For those that have a desire to live healthier; water is the most important beginning in doing so.
 Have some healthy pH and mineral balanced water, and have a wonderful day.

Peace
Roy

PS. I tested my cup of coffee pH which is usually weak coffee, and it read 5.4. This is over 25 times lower than our body pH should be. I drink 3 cups of coffee every morning.
Add just a pinch of B.S. to each cup. It will raise it one point which equals 10 times. Thats still too low but its a definite improvement.
It doesn't matter how healthy you eat; if your drinking water doesn't have a high pH then those healthy nutrients are getting locked up and distorted in so many ways that they lose their value.
 For those that avoid acidic things might not need such a high pH water.
Testing your body pH is the best way to know what adjustments you need to make. Not all of us have the same metabolic rate. Testing is important regardless of what you eat and drink.
 Another thing is baking soda is high in sodium. Someone with high blood pressure would be better to consider buying a water system as described above which I am considering of buying after a little more study of it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 01:47:55 PM by Roy Martin »

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Drinking water
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:55:09 PM »

Interesting and good information Roy, thanks for sharing.
Stacey

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:05:31 PM »

I have recently been looking into this myself, Roy! :)
Kathy ;)

Roy Martin

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 03:05:13 PM »

Da! to myself. I just found out that most health food stores carry pH drops just for what I'm talking about. I'll be getting some today to see how it works.

Roy

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 03:13:55 PM »

You can also get litmus paper that can test your body PH. I don't know if this product is available in USA. You put the litmus on your tongue and the PH is measured against the saliva….not the tongue… :D ;D

Jas 3:5  Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!   :D

Arc

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 03:24:38 PM »

Anyone interested and I'll add the link if its permitted.

I'd recommend you pass it along to a moderator before posting if you have any doubts about whether it'd be permissable.  The guideline primarily concerns links which contain bible-related teaching.

Let me caution all members that what Roy posted is his own thoughts from his own reading.  B-T doesn't and can't verify all the statements.  I don't want to squelch discussion, but if it can't be civil it won't be public.  If you're not interested, then "let it be", "live and let die", and several other McCartney lyrics apply.  
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Roy Martin

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 03:40:34 PM »

Yes Arc. the paper can be purchased from most health food stores.

Roy

Linny

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 03:42:11 PM »

Thanks Roy, I am interested in the link and I also have litmus papers for testing pH that I could probably find you a link for if you are interested as well. Mine test your morning urine which is supposed to be the most accurate measure of pH.
We use a soap which also keeps our pH more alkaline.
Lin

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 03:47:37 PM »

Dr. Steger had some things to say about this and he covers it in his book.  In addition Ray has mentioned that he has a water machine to produce high PH water for his condition so this isn't something that is new.  However after a lot of research baking soda isn't the way to go or even the alkaline water machine due to absorbability.  I won't post a link but I invite you to do a google on 'hydrogen water stick' and look at the first term that comes along.  The doctor that makes this was the fellow that did the original research that produced the alkaline water machines.  He found a cheaper and better way to do the same thing in a manner that is more bioavailable.  There is a link to the research on the web site that will allow you to see for yourself.  I have used these water sticks for several months now and have never been healthier.

Roy Martin

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 04:31:33 PM »

Linny I'd like to know about the soap.

Arion, I knew the baking soda wasn't going to be the best thing, but its all I had to consider at the time of my posting. I have been searching all morning and at this point I agree with you. I know the importance of pH to us, but I didn't know what to use to raise pH in drinking water. I know all about how to make adjustments for plants, but drinking water is a different matter of course.
 I'm glad I started this thread.
I checked out the water sticks, and will do some comparisons. In the mean time Silvia is picking up the drops from the green market today. The sticks sound impressive though, but I'm a digger in these matters and need to know all there is to know about it and all ways to come up with the right thing worth the money.
 I've gave up on the water machine for now, but will keep the thought as a last resort.
pH water with added trace minerals.

Arion what has the stick changed the pH of your water to?
 I'm sure I'll try the stick because of its life span. Just don't know yet how it changes the pH.Got more reading to do.

Thank you.

Roy

arion

• Marquette, MI
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »

Roy,

Go on you tube and do a search on Hydrogen Water Stick.  There are a few videos of a test of the hydrogen stick with a PH machine to show the difference.  You can see for yourself.  I did the research before I bought the stick and was ready to pay several hundred dollars for a machine on ebay similar to the one that Ray purchased.  Read the research papers about the stick and the relationship between potential hydrogen and human tissue and then look at the videos.  The stick acts as a catalyst to release hydrogen ions directly into the water and that is what we really need.  PH in and of itself doesn't do too much....it's the actual hydrogen ions themselves and their effect on tissues.  
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:41:27 PM by Arion »

Kat

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 06:36:17 PM »

Hi Roy,

Glad you brought this topic up. I've started checking my pH and am a bit on the acidic side, 6.2., so I've been changing my eating habits. I had not heard about this Hydrogen Water Stick, but it seems like it may be a good idea, I'll be checking into it.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

arion

• Marquette, MI
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »

I've always been an avid runner and the last few years I started to get real sore joints.  I've been a heavy coffee and tea drinker and I knew that acidic PH can bring on joint pain as well as make you susceptible to cancer and other degenerative diseases.  I was researching some of these things before the conference and was surprised with the guest speaker.  After reading his book I made a lot of eating and drinking changes.  I went to herbal tea (no caffeine) only and cut down my coffee from a pot a day to one mug in the morning.  Then I also purchased the water stick.  You can see it producing the hydrogen bubbles and you need to keep your water bottle capped until you drink.  The water is very silky so you can taste a difference.  Anyway after changing my eating habits and doing the water stick routine all joint pain has disappeared and my already pretty good health has gotten quite a bit better.  Now, I can't say whether it was the diet change, the water change or a little of both but I certainly noticed a difference.  For someone who's health is more compromised I would imagine the difference would be quite noticeable indeed.

Roy Martin

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »

Silvia came home with the Alkaline drops and I followed instructions, stuck the meter in it and it did absolutely nothing. It actually dropped it.02.
This stuff is going back to the health food store tomorrow and I'm taking my gauges with me, and I'm getting back the $16.00 Silvia paid for a 1 oz bottle.

Arion  I take your suggestion very serious. Its just me in the way I have to look at everything out there. Its the thing that made me an expert horticulturist.
I want to order the sticks right now. Your testimony has me convinced, but I always have to learn things the hard way. Its the darndess thing. Just one of those things that has caused me a lot of problems in life, but the experiences from it has been beneficial in many cases in many ways.
 This water thing has me to where I have to know the natural process, and the science behind it. I had well water one time that's pH was 9.5. I've got to know the natural process of how that could be. Truth of the matter is by the time I'm finished with this I'll be able to tell you all the things that don't work, and I'll probably be using the hydrogen stick. ;D.

Roy

Kat

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 09:51:05 PM »

Hi Arion,

Yea I've made the switch to green tea too. I used to drink good ole southern sweeten tea, maybe 4-5 glasses a day and I got to thinking how much sugar I had been consumming, so now I use Stevia, it's actually healthy for you. Trying to eat fresh fruits, organic if I can. Cuting out process foods is more difficult, since it's so convenient. I've been taking a few supplements, trying to adjust some things I think I'm deficient of.

Roy, I'm real interested in the water too. I think the ionizer machine like Ray has would be best, but it's costly. Now the stick seems pretty good, just stick it in a bottle of water, but you have to wait, must keep the top on tight or the hydrogen gas will escape. Anyway just trying to get myself back to a healthier condition, many years of improper eating habits are going to take some time to undo though.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

iris

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 12:27:41 AM »

What kind of green tea do you guys drink?

Iris

Kat

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 02:11:33 AM »

Hi Iris,

Oh there are lots of different kinds and I drink a variety, but I do like the blends from Yogi. you have to just start trying them and see which one you like best.

We have even started using the teas as a medicinal. I found a couple that I like by Traditional Medicine, one's for colds, drink a couple of cups a day at the first sign of a cold and the symptoms are less and of shorter duration. Another is called Throat Coat, it is so nasty tasting, but it works. My daughter gets bad tonsillitis a few times a year, so she started drinking this stuff when she felt it coming on and it really will stop it from getting serious. There are teas to settle upset stomach and a lot of others I intend to try. I use honey and Stevia to sweeten mine. You can find them right in the grocery store with the reg. tea. I hope you find some you can enjoy.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 03:49:59 AM »

I have my family drinking water with a few drops of Apple Cider Vinegar added.

If you do the research, you may see that Apple Cider Vinegar has some pretty extraordinary properties that are very beneficial to physical health and well being.

Arc

Roy Martin

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 08:51:40 AM »

I've been digging deep to find the information on alkaline water which has led me to asking the question of who is it and how did these claims of alkaline water come from.
At first I knew the importance of pH in plants and compared us to them, but folks I stuck my foot in my mouth on that one.
Our body automatically adjust pH. Plants do not.
 Arion you say the stick works for you. I believe you, but what I have found in researching the human body and all aspects of alkalinity is that we don't need it.
It seems that the claims about alkaline water has a long and big money trail. I'll add two links and let those make their own decision. Follow the links and you'll see for yourself.
I'm sorry, but like many out there I thought that high alkaline water was what we are to be drinking because we hear it all the time. I was wrong. Its all about money.These two links are just a start.

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

http://www.apswater.com/article.asp?id=198&title=Alkaline_Water_is_a_Hoax_Read_The_Real_Story

Roy
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:06:46 AM by Roy Martin »

arion

• Marquette, MI
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 09:32:07 AM »

Roy,

The problem is due to environmental toxins, poor quality of food/overly processed foods and the generally poor health condition of most people that these systems are stressed and can't do the job properly.  What is the proof?  Most people are overly acidic so something is out of whack.  The doctor treating Ray for his condition spoke at the conference and this is a short paragraph from his book in which he devoted a whole section to PH.

'There are nine different internal buffering systems to neutralize acids and balance PH in the body.  However, if these nine neutralizing mechanisms are not working correctly and can no longer get rid of acids to balance PH, the excess acids will compromise the health, the cellular integrity, and the overall cell function.  Shutting off the oxygen and nutrient uptake and disrupting cellular frequency for correct communication between the cells does this.  This will eventually lead to complete metabolic and system breakdown which is where all our health problems start to manifest from the very beginning.'

Dr. Jimmy Steger
The nutrition factor
pg. 168

I have no doubt that there are many money making schemes and a lot of hucksters out there.  Many of the alternative health things out there are nothing more than snake oil salesmen and multi level marketing stuff with the science either lacking or made up as they go along.  Dr. Steger would probably say that doing cleanses and changing your diet will do more in the long run for you than drinking alkaline water as appropriate diet gives your body the raw ingredients necessary for the body to regulate itself appropriately.  I see the alkaline water and the sticks as an 'extra' to boost you to where you need to be as most people are somewhat compromised in this area and one can do what Kat did and have your own PH tested and in her case she was pretty acidic as most of us are.  Our internal buffering systems over time aren't getting the job done appropriately.  Regardless, all I can testify to is how it's worked for me.

God bless and may He lead you always,

Doug
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.