bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Revelation/Kingdom of God  (Read 13771 times)

mharrell08

Revelation/Kingdom of God
« on: March 30, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »

Sorry for bunching so many but these topics tend to run together. I love this first reply from Ray.

----------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1603.msg13425.html#msg13425

Dear Bruce:

What I personally believe doesn't amount to an ant hill. What we need to know is what God believes.  Let me give you a LAW that you can live with:  "If the Church teaches it, it is probably not true."  Remember that.  Jesus didn't say that "faith would increase" before He came.  Jesus asked if there would be ANY FAITH AT ALL when He returned.  I wish that all of you could come to our September Conference in Mobile, as I am going to really hammer home what the Bible says is really important for us to know and do.  Too many people are interested in prophecy and all for the wrong reasons.  If you can come to understand what it is that God desires of us, we don't need to care one iota as to when the "end" is coming. I virtually never ever think or talk or teach about WHEN the end of this age is, but rather WHAT it is that we need to be doing before it comes, and what we will be doing after Christ returns.

God be with you,

Ray

1000 reign of Christ

----------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6384.msg51440.html#msg51440

Dear Jim: No, I don't have a specific study or paper on the thousand year reign of Christ. And, I am afraid, it would take me weeks (maybe months) to answer all of your questions, seeing that there are thousands of Scriptures dealing with Christ's thousand year reign. I will do a paper on it one day, but not today. Hope you understand.

God be with you,

Ray

Prophecies of Revelation

----------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3912.msg29876.html#msg29876

Dear Jay:
    The answer to your question will demolish the chronology of accepted eschatology according to the Christian Church and many other cults. This subject, however, is huge and cannot be answered in a short email. Besides, when I teach it I want to teach it in context with the accompanying prophecies. The answer to your question solves many enigmas in the Scriptures and the book of Revelation.  Some of this is being covered in Part D of my HELL series. The first 20 pages or so should be posted next week. Sorry, but it would take me days to cover this subject. Hope you understand.

God be with you,

Ray

Excerpt from Lake of Fire Part 12 (http://bible-truths.com/lake12.html):

(We will explain the symbols of "the beast," "his image," "his mark," "the number of his name," "the man of sin," "the two witnesses," "the second death," "the antichrist," etc., in upcoming installments of this series).

Satan loosed for a little season

----------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2644.msg19821.html#msg19821

Dear Sue:
I am afraid that you do what we all do at some time or another, and that is
to assume that the Scriptures say things that they don't.

Technically, nowhere does it actually say that Jesus will reign for a thousand
years, althought it can be deduced, and yes, it certainly is symbolic.

As as for the 100 year where you suggest that Satan is loosed, the Scriptures
absolutely do not defend such a "100 year" period. But yes, the "little season," is also
symbolic.  I will be writing on these subject in the future.

God be with you,

Ray

----------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2445.msg19119.html#msg19119

Dear Lisa:
I am sure that you don't see the contradiction in your own statements.
If Jesus "BOUND Satan by His cross," how could he at the same time
"gone out to deceive the nations one last time?"
Satan is bound when Jesus comes to rule the nations, and is loosed
again after that 1000 year [symboplic] reign ends (Rev. 20:1-2 & 7).
Satan has been "like a roaring lion" ever since the resurrection (I Pet. 5:08).

God be with you,

Ray

End Times

----------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10367.msg88830.html#msg88830

Dear Nicolette:  Granted that verse does seem confusing until we take a much closer look at it.  Notice
that Jesus said there would be many things happening before He would return:  Signs in the sun and moon (Matt
24:29);  the sign of the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven (Ver. 30);  angels gathering the elect at the
sound of the trumpet (Ver. 31);  the parable of the fig tree (Ver. 32).  Now then, WHAT generation would not
pass until our Lord Returns?  The generation that Jesus was talking to in Matt. 24?  NO.  "THIS" generation--the
generation that would see,

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, WHEN YE shall see ALL THESE THINGS, know that it is near, even at the doors.

It would be the generation that would "see ALL these things" mentioned in the previous verses, THAT would be

the generation that will not pass until our Lord comes.

The word "this" in this verse is from the following words and notice how it can be translated:

G3778

οὗτος, οὗτοι, αὕτη, αὕται

houtos houtoi hautē hautai

hoo'-tos, hoo'-toy, how'-tay, how'-tahee

Including the nominative masculine plural (second form), nominative feminine signular (third form), and the nominate feminine plural, (fourth form). From the article G3588 and G846; the he (she or it), that is, this or THAT (often with the article repeated): - he (it was that), hereof, it, she, such as, the same, these, they, this (man, same, woman), which, who.

I do not know Greek, but possibly Matt. 24:34 could be translation "THAT generation."  Which generation?  THAT one--the one which sees "ALL THESE THINGS," and no generation has get seen "all of these things" come to pass.

God be with you,

Ray

Kingdom of God

----------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1529.msg12918.html#msg12918

Dear Laura:
The "Kingdom of God" is the kingdom that will rule the nations under the Kingship of Jesus Christ, composed of lesser kings, lords, priests, and judges.  These kings, lords, priests, and judges, are composed of the ranks of God's Chosen Elect Saints.

Only those worthy of the First resurrection from the death will ever rule with Christ in the Kingdom of God. Those who are judged, purified and saved in the Great White Throne Judgment will be in God's family, but they will never be rulers with Christ.

And don't ask any more detailed questions on this, because it would take hours to answer you, and I just don't have the time. Much of this material is already covered in my Lake of Fire series. Hope you understand.

God be with you,

Ray

----------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,10063.msg85615.html#msg85615

Dear Robert:  Entering into the Kingdom of God has absolutely, totally, nothing whatsoever to do with whether all humanity will ultimately be "saved" or not.

Only the chosen elect few will enter into the Kingdom of God which is a special "eonian--age abiding" reward for those called and chosen in this church age. Those resurrected to judgment who do not enter the Kingdom will, nonetheless, receive salvation through their judgment period.

That is the whole purpose FOR the Kingdom of God being establish on this earth after Christ's return--TO SAVE THE WORLD:  "When [not now, not in this age, but 'WHEN'] Thy judgments are in the earth the inhabitants OF THE WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9).  

Yes they will, and I don't care how many hundreds of thousands of minister lie to their congregations trying to tell them that most of the world will never learn righteousness, and most of the world will be tortured in some fiery hellhole of terrorism for all eternity.

God be with you,

Ray

----------http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2164.0.html

Dear Worrior:

Are you sure it was my paper on the rapture that you read?  You missed a lot. I make it abundantly clear that Jesus is coming back to rule ON THIS EARTH WITH HIS SAINTS, and that the whole rapturing the saints back to heaven is totally unscriptural. Here is just one little section from my paper dealing specifically with how Christ returns to this earth to rule on this earth:

"I know of no Scripture that states that Christ will set up His Kingdom and rule it from heaven. So it doesn’t say He returns to heaven; it doesn’t say He returns to earth; it doesn’t say He stays in the air either. We know from other Scriptures and prophesies that Christ does indeed return and rule on this earth. However, for the sake of the rapturists, can we know from this very Scripture alone whether Christ immediately returns with His saints to earth or does He return to heaven first for a number of years?

We can learn something remarkable from the way that God uses the word "meet" in this Scripture.

"Thereupon we, the living who are surviving, shall at the same time be snatched away together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air." (I Thes. 4:17).

In this verse as in three others, God uses the Greek word apatesis which is translated "to meet." It is distinguished from a half dozen other Greek words which are variously translated, "meet,’ "meet with," "meeting," "meeting with," etc. The Greek word apatesis, is, however, used only three other times.

One authority tells us that this word apatesis was used in ancient times to describe the actions of an official welcoming delegation that had been sent "to meet" a visiting dignitary.

It is said that the word literally meant, "meeting and returning with." Not being an etymologist, historian, or scholar, I can’t speak with any authority here, but I can use a concordance and I can read the Scriptures. Let’s look at these three occasions and see if, indeed, this word carries the connotation of "meeting and returning with."

1. "Now in the middle of the night a clamor occurs: Lo! The bridegroom! Come out to meet [apatesis] Him!" (Matt. 25:6).

Comment: After they went out to meet the bridegroom, they didn’t stay outside, but rather they came back inside with the Bridegroom. Remember, it is "midnight" and it is dark--that’s why they took oil for their torches. They went out to meet the Bridegroom, then returned with Him to the house, and locked the door.

2. When Christ began His entrance into Jerusalem (which was itself a type of His triumphant return to Jerusalem), many people went out with palm fronds to meet Him.

"On the morrow the vast throng, who are coming for the festival, hearing that Jesus is coming into Jerusalem, got fronds of palms and came out to meet [apatesis] Him" (John 12:13).

Needless to say, they did not return with Christ back to Bethany, but returned back into Jerusalem with Christ.

3. When the saints in Rome heard of Paul’s soon arrival, they went out to meet him.

"And thence the brethren, hearing about us, come to meet [apatesis] us as far as Appii Forum and Three Taverrns, perceiving whom, Paul, thanking God, took courage. Now when we entered Rome" (Acts 28:15-16).

And again, it is seen that they returned back to Rome with Paul, they did not return with Paul back to Puteoli.

The fourth time this Greek word apatesis is translated "to meet" is in I Thes. 4:17: "... we, the living who are surviving, shall at the same time be snatched away together with them in the clouds, to meet [apatesis] the Lord in the air."

Now I am almost sure that I can hear faint protests in the distance from objecting rapturists. Notwithstanding, based on all the usage's of this word apatesis [to meet], and we read them all, when someone went out to meet someone else, where did they always go next? That’s right, back where they came from. So if God is consistent with the use of this word, then when the saints of I Thes. 4 meet the Lord in the air, they will then return with Christ back to the EARTH!"

My paper on the rapture is just as "straight forward" as anything I have written. Sorry you missed it all.

God be with you,

Ray

----------http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,815.0.html

Dear Reader:
    Babies will not enter into the Kingdom of God. In Isa 65:20 we read this concerning judgment:  "There shall be NO more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that has not FILLED his days: for the child shall die an HUNDRED years old, but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed."

Don't now ask me to "explain" the judgments of God, as that would take weeks.
    God be with you,
    Ray

Are All Sins Forgiven?

----------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3966.msg30388.html#msg30388

Dear Jojo:
        I have probably answered this question a hundred times over the years. Not your specific Scripture, but any Scripture that indicates that someone will die in his sins, and not be forgiven, and not be in the kingdom of God, etc.  What amazes me is that I cannot recall one time that anyone has presented this from the positive perspective. That is not one person has ever asked how someone could "NOT be forgiven," when there are dozens of and dozens of Scriptures that show that ALL shall be forgiven and saved. I would venture to say that 90% of all Bible questions that I am asked are concerning negative contradictions, or negative comments that I contradict the Scriptures.

First recognize, Jojo, that there is not this one Scripture which suggests that some "shall NOT be forgiven,:" but there are HUNDREDS of such Scriptures:

"...and he that believes not the Son shall NOT see life..." (John 3:36).

"...broad is the way that leads to DESTRUCTION..." (Matt. 7:13).

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: DEPART FROM ME...." (Matt. 7:23).

"DESTROY Thou them, O God...CAST THEM OUT..." (Psalm 5:10).

"Who shall be punished with EVERLASTING DESTRUCTION...." (I Thes. 1:9).

"Whose END IS DESTRUCTION..." (Phil. 3:19). Etc., etc., etc.

Jojo, "broad is the way to destruction" IN THIS LIFE.  Not one of these verses is
        speaking of the final destiny of sinners. Judgment will save sinners in the resurrection:
        "When Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the inhabitants OF THE WORLD WILL
        LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9).  Is God going to eternally destroy and
        not forgive "THE RIGHTEOUS?" This "save in this life ONLY" doctrine of Christendom
        is one of the most damnable doctrines on the face of the earth.

God be with you,

Ray

----------http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2175.msg17491.html#msg17491

Dear Jennifer:
Jennifer, I have many hundreds of emails ahead of yours, but I took the time to answer your before them all. It is not possible, however, for me to write essay type answers to hundreds and thousaands of emails. I realize that this is hard for many people to understand. Your email is about 6 pages long. If all my emails were 6 pages long, I would have to read thousands of pages each year before I could answer all my emails. Try that some time.

Don't apologize in one sentence and then put me down in the next. I did give you constructive criticism in my answer to you. I said that your theory was not Scriptural, because if it was, then Paul himself would have commited the "unpardonable sin" when he persecuted the Church of Christ in the name of God.

However, I do not wish for you to be despondent over this matter or me.

When Jesus warned of this sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, it was when He had cast out demons. The Scribes said that Jesus cast out devils by the prince of devils (Mark 3:22).  The Pharisees also accused Him of this very same thing (Matt. 9:34). And we are told that Jesus gave that stern warning, "Because they said, He [Jesus] has an unclean spirit."

But this alone is not all there is to this sin. Even in the Old Testament, when one sinned "ignorantly," he was held to a lower standard than if he sinned "willfully, knowlingly."  God's principles are always true. There was more to the sin of these Scribes and Pharisees than merely stating that Jesus had a devil and cast out devils by the prince of devil. The truth is THEY KNEW BETTER.  They knew that they were lying in order to deceive the multitudes who were beginning to believe in and trust Jesus as a Man of God. They were SINNING AGAINST LIGHT.  They were sinning aginst WHAT THEY KNEW WAS THE TRUTH.  And how do we know this?  We are frankly TOLD this in the Scriptures.

In John 3 we have a "Ruler of the Jews" by the name of Nicodemus, and this is what we are told by him:  "There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a RULER [this man KNEW what the Scribes and the Pharisees believed behind closed doors] of the Jews. The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto Him, Rabbi, WE [Scribes, Pharisees, Rulers, Jews]  KNOW  that you are a Teacher COME FROM GOD; for no man can do these miracles [such as casting out demons] that You do, except GOD BE WITH HIM"  (John 3:1-2).

It is when we KNOW the truth and blaspheme AGAINST THE TRUE LIGHT THAT WE KNOW, that we then "blaspheme against the Holy Spirit" which is the means by which light and truth is imparted.

God be with you,

Ray
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:33:23 PM by mharrell08 »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.