bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A good-bye of sorts, and a request for prayer  (Read 4588 times)

bambam

A good-bye of sorts, and a request for prayer
« on: March 31, 2010, 11:47:07 AM »

Hello Everyone,
   I have not asked for prayer on here before because I am not that great at praying for others like I should :-\, but I am going to just share a bit about my situation and ask for prayer.  

My husband and I are struggling because of the truth.  I understand that the truth divides-I know that for a fact now.  But I have decided to stay in the church with him because He is the assistant pastor there and what I have tried to share with him, he has in turn shared with the pastor, who has decided, under council of his father(a pastor as well), to give us thirty days to sort this out and I guess if I don't change my hubby will have to "step down".  To avoid a fiasco of sorts, I just thought I would stay with him there and be a good wife, although my heart is not in the church, it is with my husband.  

This is all so very hard!!  Who knew that seeking the truth would cause so much hulabaloo.  I honestly don't think I realized, and looking at it now, it all seems so very childish.  Like little children on the playground bullying the other little kids into playing with them.  

That isn't to say that I think that I am being bullied like a child bullies another child, but I do feel like I have been threatened.  And my options are 1.) Hurt my family, friends, break up a church family, be labeled as heretical by the world as I know it, lose my husbands heart, etc., and 2.) Recant and all is forgiven and 3.) Shut-up and be good and this will all go away.

Although those things were not said, and I know my husband loves me dearly as well as others who are involved, that is how I feel.  

I have been unhappy going to church for a long time.  The sadness has been seen by others, and been commented on(to the pastor, mind you, not to me).  A few people have been concerned for my welfare but have not actually let me know about it.  Anyways, alot has been going on in my life in the last 5 months.  My Dad died in December, and then My wonderful Gramma a few weeks ago.  I think it has all opened up a sadness in me along with the whole church thing.  

But, I told my hubby that I would go to church with him and do whatever it is that he wanted to do, but I will not think what he wants me to think.  Though I have much to learn, what I have learned is continually reiterated to me as I read and study the scriptures for myself.  I am amazed and blown away by what God shows me-I can't go back.  Even sitting in church listening to the pastor preach, I see totally different things than he is preaching.  

I love my husband and want to be a good wife to him and a good mom to my kids and that is my focus right now.  Maybe someday, when my kids have grown, things will change.  I don't know.  I just ask for prayer for us.  I need wisdom, the grace to say and do the right things, strength and courage.  I pray for my hubby to see what I see.  He is a good man.  I know God is in control, and I have peace in that!  

My hubby has asked me once again to leave the forum, and so, for him, I once again must leave.  I know I do not post alot, but I read ALOT.  I have been so grateful for this place to know the truth together with other fellow believers.  You have become my siblings.  I may from time to time pop in, but I have to stay away as much as possible.  Thank you for having this place.  God be with you all!!

Beth :'(

Ninny

Re: A good-bye of sorts, and a request for prayer
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »

Sweet Beth...we'll always be here for you! I know where you're coming from and I know it's hard...You know that God knows, too..He knows your heart above all things and He will open the doors for you...I will be praying for you and please remember that only God knows what is in a person's heart...so be peaceful, Beth and serve God and God alone be a friend to your beloved husband and God will honor it in you!!
Love you, girl!
Kathy :-* :'(

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:38:28 PM »

Your kind of pain breaks my heart Bambam.

But I have decided to stay in the church with him because He is the assistant pastor there and what I have tried to share with him, he has in turn shared with the pastor, who has decided, under council of his father(a pastor as well), to give us thirty days to sort this out and I guess if I don't change my hubby will have to "step down".

I know you see the above as your reason but I see this as God Causing you to OBEY your husband and to stay in the Word of God that says :

Eph 5:22  Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
Eph 5:23  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.
Eph 5:24  Therefore as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

I see an amazing reward for you that the Lord prepares for you as He is the One guiding and sustaining you through your suffering you learn obedience and deeper love for Him and your family which He has given to you.

God has a purpose for what you are going through. I am glad you are not rebelling against either your husband or your God.
God IS making you into His most beautiful Image Beth. Be encouraged.

Arc

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »

My heart goes out to you Bambam. Arc, said every thing that I feel.

My Husbands family think that I am off track. But, I don't have to live with them. God does know your heart. That, should help you alot endure this hard time. God has a plan and it will all turn out good some time.

I have been blessed that my Husband does not care what they think about us not going to church. They won't even take a look at what I believe. I think because they are afraid they will be deceived.

You have the Truth and God is with you and can help you carry on.

In His Love,
Marlene

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 03:33:37 PM »

Beth,
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt and tattoo to prove it.

My pastor used to say "you can ask me anything" until I started presenting him with the truth. He would bounce all over different topics and not ansewer. I knew it was pointless to try and convince him of anything. I spoke to him privately and gave him my resignation letter(deacon,usher, early morning prayer service and the lawn and snow removal guy). I was not willing to bash or argue just that God had something else for me to do. Because I was unable to present him with a precise plan of God that included an affiliated church system he was offended and sent my emails to others in the church. I was hurt. I still miss the folks there, I hate their doctrines and haven't been back.

My prayer for you is one of strength to "endure" these trials. You will emerge a better person. Grace, peace understanding wisdom and comfort to boldly defend the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, Honor your husband and family, and that God's will not yours be done. Amen

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 04:14:59 PM »

I am amazed and blown away by what God shows me-I can't go back.

No you can't...and you won't.  Sometimes the truth will cost you everything as our Lord has indicated.  God be with you, take you by the hand and lead you during this time.  It will all work out in the end, we have that promise.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 05:18:50 PM »

Beth, my trials seem light next to yours.  Very few people even care what I do.  Those that do, don't have a clue what I believe to be true.  I know this in my situation...God seeks those who worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.  Spirit is 'invisible', therefor nobody but God knows such deep things about us...our motives, our innermost thoughts, the true desires of our hearts.  That makes Him a perfect Judge and Lord, and His love overarches all. 

I hope you can steal away from time to time, as you have in the past, to visit B-T, keep up with Ray, and perhaps say hello.  I'm sure our prayers will be with you as the Lord leads.   
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

bambam

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »

I am so encouraged by you all!!!  Thank you so much.  I needed these words that you all wrote and I am in tears.  God is working it all out and I am in His hands.  Love to you all!!

Beth

Joel

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 11:08:39 PM »

God CAN, and if it's HIS WILL, turn those tears into tears of JOY!

Joel

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »

This put my little situation in perspective quick. No matter how hard my trials are, God always reminds me it could be much worse. My prayers are with you and your husband.

Charles

Roy Martin

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 09:19:36 AM »

Hello Beth,
 From the first time I cried out to God I went back and forth in seeking Him, being tossed to and fro, one foot in and one foot out, falling down, getting back up. Finally after a few years of this I realized that God doesn't lead us backwards even though It seems like it.We are the only ones that see it  that way. You are not going backwards. God is moving you forwards, and in time you will see it.
  A friend said to me a few years ago, " Roy you just keep going back to the same thing". A bell rang in my head, and I said," No!, God is closing doors and opening new ones. As soon as I said those words, I knew they came from the Holy Spirit in me. Now I know we are always moving forward.
 When I feel like  I'm going into a trial or going backwards, I just thank God, and start looking for the spiritual lesson in it because that's what its all about.
 Be of cheer and joy in knowing that God knows what He is doing. Stand in your faith and belief with a humble heart. You can't, and never will be able to hide it.
When God opens our eyes to truth, then we can't just close them as if it didn't happen. To do so will make you think your going backwards, but be sure to know that God is moving you forward. Its when we fight this that God is closing some doors, but always opening new ones.
 Your trial is for you and your husband. Do you think God is going to lead you to your past, and leave you there? No! I don't think so, but you are going to fight it and justify it for the sake of your husband and marriage, but all is according to Gods will and plans for both of you. I can't keep from seeing that its all good with a good outcome, but doors will be closed and opened.
 You know you can't just go back and act as if it never happened, as if you believe their doctrine, and pretend you gave up your belief.
 Please don't think I am judging in any way, but I say it like I see it so please know that what I'm going to say is said in love. You have been given the option by the church and your husband to give up your God and belief  for there god and doctrines; to be their slave their way or its the highway for both of you. Would your husband choose the church over you? It sounds more like you are being forced rather than an option. Being submissive can't be just a one person kind of thing. It never works long term except for those that are being submitted to. There will inevitably be consequences, but this is one of the many ways God closes and opens.
My dear sister I can't express enough that I'm writing in love, sharing from experiences. To judge, or put you down would be judging Gods plans and intentions for you and your husband.
 Just keep in mind that you are moving forward. It might not be pleasant as you go, but none the less its all good.  
 When God gets you to where you want Him, and the truth more than anything, above all things,submitting to Him rather than men, and the world, then you will start to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Peace and love
       Roy

« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:51:27 AM by Roy Martin »

mharrell08

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 12:59:24 PM »

2 Tim 3:11-13  ...what persecutions I [Paul] endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Acts 14:22  Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Excerpt from LOF #6 'Two Judgments by Fire' (http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html):

"Fear NONE of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give you a CROWN OF LIFE" (Rev. 2:10). "To him that overcomes  will I give to eat of the TREE OF LIFE [eternal, immortal life]" (Rev. 2:7), "He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death" (Rev. 2:11),  "And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give POWER OVER THE NATIONS" (Rev. 2;26), "He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment [righteousness] and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life [Christ is the book of life] but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels" (Rev. 3:5), "Him that overcomes  will I make a PILLAR [a main and vital support in the very government of Almighty God] IN THE TEMPLE OF MY GOD…" (Rev. 3:12), "To him that overcomes  will I grant to SIT WITH ME IN MY THRONE, even as I also overcame [see John 16:33], and am set down with My Father in His throne" (Rev. 3:21).

Keep the faith Beth,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.