bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: communion/ the lords supper  (Read 7262 times)

dre91

communion/ the lords supper
« on: March 31, 2010, 10:29:08 PM »

The church i came out of takes communion on the 1st sunday of each month. I know some churches take it every sunday and some do it once a year. My question is, do we have take communion? Are we commanded to take communion. I tried to understand what ray wrote about it. I know the flesh prophets nothing and we are justified by faith and not works. I know the words that jesus spoke were spirit and life. I was wondering if i still needed to do it at home with my family since i have come out of babylon. Im praying to God and im studying so that babylon will come out of me. I can almost relate to neo when he was still plugged into the matrix. How he felt when he was set free. Some of us maybe out of the matrix but the matrix may still be in us.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: communion/ the lords supper
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 03:07:29 AM »

http://bible-truths.com/email16.htm#supper
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ray,

If we are no longer, as Christians to observe the Lord's supper would you please explain (1Cor. 11:23-26) and (Acts 20:7)?

Almon

[Ray Replies]

Dear Almon:

Is it the fact that you find a Scripture stating something in the Word of God that you conclude that we should "do it?"

I have absolutely nothing against anyone who wishes to keep the Lord's supper. I have nothing against anyone who wishes to be circumcised or be baptized. I have nothing against anyone who wishes to sacrifice animals or offer sin offerings, burnt offerings, peace offerings and the like.

Gen. 6:14 commands:  "Make THEE an ark of gopher wood...." I have nothing against anyone who wants to follow this command and "Make an  ark of gopher wood."

There are hundreds of things commanded in the Scriptures. I have nothing against anyone who wishes to do ALL OF THEM. I don't. I never made an ark of gopher wood, and never intend to. 

Any just why don "I" do any of these things? Well, actually I used to do some of them. I used to pay my THREE tithes (oh you didn't know that there were THREE tithes?). I was water baptized. I used to wash my brothers feet, and I used to partake of the Lord's supper once a year. And now I don't. Why not? Because there is absolutely nothing physical that can make one spiritual.

Paul baptized at one time in his ministry and then he quit. Why? Because he put away childish things and went on to spiritual maturity.

Paul used to circumcise in his early ministry and then he quit. Why? Because he put away childish things and went on to spiritual maturity.

All physical rituals are CARNAL ordinances, and we are no longer under carnal ordinances. We are now under the "Law of the Spirit of Life." "We know longer know Jesus after the FLESH." Jesus HIMSELF said: "The flesh profits NOTHING." "The words that I speak unto you, they are SPIRIT and they are LIFE."

Although it was mighty important in Christ's time to worship in THIS mountain or in THAT mountain, Jesus Himself said that the time would come (and so it has) that we no longer worship here or there or in this manner or in that manner, with this set of physical rituals, or with that set of physical rituals, but rather WE WORSHIP IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH.

We are to WORSHIP IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH! Now then, does anyone think that we can add to those instructions by adding a few physical, carnal, rituals? I think not.

I hope this helps your understanding a little better.

God be with you,

Ray

I know this is not exactly your question, but I think Ray's reply answers yours nonetheless. 

You're question may go beyond this one.  "Do we have to take communion?"  Well, we have to spiritually eat and spiritually drink the spiritual body and blood of the Lord Jesus.  We can do that without any religious oberservance whatsoever, but we have to know what it means to do that. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 09:40:16 AM »

The church i came out of takes communion on the 1st sunday of each month.

Hi dre91

The church I came out of takes communion more than every day but sometimes a few times a day. Desperate measures for desperate times! Competition is rife in Christendom’ s more than 3000 denominations! :D

I know some churches take it every sunday and some do it once a year. My question is, do we have take communion?

Dave and John both provide the meat in answer to your question

Ray also has illuminated for us in his Repentance Bible Study.

Now, we repent in increments..........

Repent means to turn around, to go the other way.  Whatever you are doing that’s wrong and sinful and evil and carnal and worldly and everything else, you turn around, you “repent” and you go the other direction..........

This is the order of what happens to sin:

1.   Forgiveness
2.   Repentance
3.   Cleansing

So if you are concerned that the “matrix” may still be in you as you say :

i have come out of babylon. Im praying to God and im studying so that babylon will come out of me. I can almost relate to neo when he was still plugged into the matrix. How he felt when he was set free. Some of us maybe out of the matrix but the matrix may still be in us.

If you are grateful for the goodness of God who  has forgiven you, ( Step 1.) then through that Goodness of God, may God enable you to go to step 2, that is to “turn around and go the other way.” regarding Babylonian practises. :)

Without the Goodness of God and His Spirit, no one do anything of virtue or what is pleasing to God. God has given you the desire to please Him , and that is also His Blessing to you.

From Ray's Bible Study CAN WE LOSE GOD’S SPIRIT AND EONIAN LIFE?

The bread and the wine, they symbolize something.  They don’t symbolize your obedience to take this, so that you will remember that Christ shed His blood for you.  That’s not what it’s about.  He didn’t say look at the bread look at the wine, this symbolizes My body and this symbolizes My blood and then put it back on the table.  No, No, No EAT this bread, EAT IT.  How often do we need nourishment?   “Give us this day our daily bread.” ( Matt 6:11)
And likewise the wine…

1Cor. 11:25 "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it…"

You see?  This is something you have to do everyday!  You drink of His blood, you eat of His body, this is our spiritual nourishment.  Yes this is symbolic.  I mean you don’t have to send for Paula White’s junky communion set, that’s unbelievable nonsense.  You don’t have to have one in your house and you don’t have to have a little sip of wine and a little bread and all that.  You LIVE it.  If you live the spirit, you don’t have to keep practicing the ritual. 

Arc
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 10:14:09 AM by Arcturus »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »

Hi dre91,

Good question. This type of question about observing rituals is one that we see quite a bit. I have added a post concerning this to our FAQ board, at this link
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11645.0.html
It may give you a bit more info on this subject.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 10:29:13 PM »

Hi dre91,
When I partake of the bread (WORD), wine (SPIRIT), that is the best communion there is!
If you can get the message, Paul by the Spirit was conveying to us in the 4th chapter of Romans, you will be able to have more peace about these outward things of the flesh.
Ray stops at nothing in explaining God's Word, and does, may I say, a great job, as he is lead to do so by the Lord.
Keep searching things out, and God by the Spirit will give you understanding as what to do.
The Truth, can of course, MAKE you free.

Joel

E. Woods

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 10:45:47 PM »

The church i came out of takes communion on the 1st sunday of each month. I know some churches take it every sunday and some do it once a year. My question is, do we have take communion? Are we commanded to take communion. I tried to understand what ray wrote about it. I know the flesh prophets nothing and we are justified by faith and not works. I know the words that jesus spoke were spirit and life. I was wondering if i still needed to do it at home with my family since i have come out of babylon. Im praying to God and im studying so that babylon will come out of me. I can almost relate to neo when he was still plugged into the matrix. How he felt when he was set free. Some of us maybe out of the matrix but the matrix may still be in us.

Hello dre91.

You say we are justified by faith and not works.

I wonder what James meant in his letter to the twelve tribes.
when he wrote.     James 2:24   " You see then that a man is justified by works
and not by faith only."  V. 26 "For as the body without the spirit is dead  so faith without
works is dead also."   What is your thoughts?

EJW                          

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 11:49:29 PM by mharrell08 »

E. Woods

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »

Hello dre91.

You say we are justified by faith and not works.

I wonder what James meant in his letter to the twelve tribes.
when he wrote.     James 2:24   " You see then that a man is justified by works
and not by faith only."  V. 26 "For as the body without the spirit is dead  so faith without
works is dead also."   What is your thoughts?

EJW                           

Hi EJW,

Ray completely answers the question you raised.  See his July 1, 2007, bible study entitled, " Do James and Paul Contradict?"  It is an excellent study.  You can find it in Ray's audios.

John

Hello John
Thank you for the information.
I see  Ray believes in works also.

Jennie

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 01:00:22 PM »

I personally think that still small voice in your heart should direct your ways. It is not for man to say do or not do. Much love, Jennie

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 01:30:43 PM »

I personally think that still small voice in your heart should direct your ways. It is not for man to say do or not do. Much love, Jennie

To add to Jennie's comments, this 'still small voice' must be in agreement with the Word of God

Amos 3:3  Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

John 8:31  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

That is how we properly judge ourselves [1 Cor 11:31] by our thoughts and deepest desires to the example of our Lord:

John 13:15  For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I [Jesus] have done to you

1 Pet 2:21  For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.