bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: child and son  (Read 4630 times)

rocky

child and son
« on: June 22, 2006, 12:48:45 AM »

Cool connection I saw in this verse.  

Joh 21:18  Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest:

but

when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

Very similar to verses Mike talks about in regards to child/infant and son.  

Gal 4:1  And I say, so long time as the heir is a babe, he differeth nothing from a servant--being lord of all,

Gal 4:2  but is under tutors and stewards till the time appointed of the father,

Gal 4:3  so also we, when we were babes, under the elements of the world were in servitude,

Gal 4:5  that those under law he may redeem, that the adoption of sons we may receive;

Gal 3:26  for ye are all sons of God through the faith in Christ Jesus,

Gal 4:6  and because ye are sons, God did send forth the spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, `Abba, Father!'

1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1Co 13:10  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Rom 8:14  for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God;

May the Holy Spirit of God continue to move us onto perfection.

mercie

child and son
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 07:31:23 AM »

Good post Rocky.
The Children of Promise come of age at a 100 , moving from child to son

Recall Abraham?

Gen 17:17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall [a child] be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?

Isa 65:18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever [in that] which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.  

Isa 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.  

Isa 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner [being] an hundred years old shall be accursed.

orion77

Re: child and son
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 11:19:22 AM »

Yes, good topic, Rocky.  Here's a few interesting verses.

(1Ch 28:9)  And you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a perfect heart, and with a willing mind. For Jehovah searches out all hearts, and He understands every imagination of thoughts. If you shall seek Him, He shall be found by you. But if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever.

(Psa 37:37)  Watch the perfect and behold the upright one; for the end of that man is peace.

(Mat 5:43)  You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor" and hate your enemy; Lev. 19:18

(Mat 5:44)  but I say to you, Love your enemies; bless those cursing you, do well to those hating you; and pray for those abusing and persecuting you,

(Mat 5:45)  so that you may become sons of your Father in Heaven. Because He causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the just and unjust.

(Mat 5:46)  For if you love those loving you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax-collectors do the same?

(Mat 5:47)  And if you only greet your brothers, what exceptional thing do you do? Do not the tax-collectors do so?

(Mat 5:48)  Therefore, you be perfect even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.

(Jam 1:25)  But the one looking into the perfect Law of liberty, and continuing in it, this one not having become a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in his doing.

(Jam 1:26)  If anyone thinks to be religious among you, yet not bridling his tongue, but deceiving his heart, this one's religion is vain.

(Jam 1:27)  Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their afflictions, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

God bless,

Gary

chrissiela

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 03:13:57 PM »

Rocky:

You quoted:

Gal 4:1-5  Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

That goes well with:

Pro 29:21  He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child shall have him become his son at the length.

Chrissie

mercie

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 05:26:22 PM »

Chrissie( and Gary) great to notice you have  both Returned ;D ;D

Add these along with them.

Gen 21:4 And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old,( new beginnings) as God had commanded him.

Gen 21:5 And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him.

chrissiela

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 06:05:35 PM »

I think this topic also relates to some comments made on another thread about a child being "born" and a son being "given". No need to go there here, but just to say that there is lots to study in the relationship and difference between a child (no different from a servant in bondage) and a son.

Chrissie

PS. thank you mercie, for the welcome back.... but I never really left. Just stopped posting/replying for awhile.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.