bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Todd Coontz  (Read 7969 times)

EKnight

Todd Coontz
« on: April 03, 2010, 09:17:15 AM »

RockWealth.org (Financial Solution with Todd Coontz).  I have rarely in my lifetime watched these televangelists.  I'm up earlier than I want to be this morning and I come across this guy on TV offering seven days of miracles if you sow your seed of $100.00.  OMG!!!!!!  May God have mercy on your evil soul Mr. Coontz. 

First the guys is talking about John's version where small boy had five loaves and two fishes and the boy had four options because he has free will and could have kept it, ate it, given it to someone else or given it to Jesus (which he did) and Jesus multiplies this small seed and creates an abundance.  Apparently Mr. Coontz is now a miracle worker like Jesus and if you pledge your small seed of $100 he promises abundance or at the very least, seven days or miracles.

I have heard you guys talk about these people preying on the vulnerable but as I sat here watching for maybe 10 minutes, I couldn't believe my ears and to think people fall for this fish tale, hook line and sinker, is appalling. 

I know I sound naive but truly I have never really seen this thievery in action. 

We need to pray for these poor people who are desperate and fall for this crap. 

Ok, just needed to get that off my chest.

Eileen

Ninny

Re: Todd Coontz
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:12:50 AM »

Oh, Eileen...
That isn't even the half of it!!! Listen...Jesse Duplantis..has so many things, cars, planes, jewelry, etc.. He tells people that God wants everyone to have things..I once was watching TBN and Duplantis was actually showing off his ROLEX!! AND some kind of big fancy car right there on stage with him!! He tells people, God blesses His people with wealth and plenty only they have to sow seeds of faith!! FAITH?? I know some people who know Jesse Duplantis and they told me, "Oh, you just don't know..he gives away so much money! He doesn't tell how much he gives away!" Ha!! Please!!! If he has so much to give away that means he's taken in a lot more money than HE needs!!! These men have NO scruples at all!! Money, money, money...gimme, gimme, gimme....it makes you want to puke!! :P
Kathy  :(

rockrdude

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 10:43:50 AM »

I used to be a member of Rod Parsley's church many years ago. He lived in a mansion on a gorgeous property with horses and large gates to keep people out. He drove BMWs and luxury sports cars while we were homeless and then living in a very small 1 bedroom apartment with no car.

He'd drive right by me as I walked 2 miles to work in the snow and rain every day but never once offered me a ride. Some of the teenagers I worked with at the time, considered by many to be "of ill repute", were often more than happy to offer me a ride, however.

You better believe God used this to drag me out of the church. But being thickheaded it took me a while to "get it".

So what this Todd Coontz guy is doing doesn't surprise me one bit. I've heard it all before.
They rob widows and orphans and laugh their way to the bank, but God will make all things right when He decides that it's judgment time!

We've all been part of the harlot church. The only difference between us and them is we've been dragged out of it and our eyes have been opened to the truth. I do feel sorry for those being "taken" by his lies. But these things must happen. Count on it: God WILL use this to accomplish His will.

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 11:15:44 AM »

CLV
Pro 21:6 The contriving together of treasures by a false tongue Is a vanity whisked away for those seeking death.

ISV
2Pe 2:1  Now there were false prophets among the people, just as there also will be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction on themselves.
2Pe 2:2  Many people will follow their immoral ways, and because of them the way of truth will be maligned.
2Pe 2:3  In their greed they will exploit you with deceptive words. The ancient verdict against them is still in force, and their destruction is not asleep.

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 11:59:37 AM »

Hi Eileen

God has not strengthened , purged, purified or circumcised their weak hearts yet from out of which are made manifest all forms of  evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness and blasphemies.

2Ti 3:5  having a form of godliness, but denying the power of it; even turn away from these.

Rom 2:28  For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that outwardly in flesh;
Rom 2:29  but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart; in spirit and not in letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.

All are in the Plan of God. Few are chosen to come to the full knowledge of Truth.

Arc

ez2u

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 01:50:49 PM »

Rom 2:28  For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that outwardly in flesh;
Rom 2:29  but he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and circumcision is of the heart; in spirit and not in letter; whose praise is not from men, but from God.

how beautiful the word of the Lord is.  Yes i consider myself ruin for the gospel sake.  Thanking God for giving me this truth that God has chosen  Ray and a few others to reveal on his site.  No longer am i caught up in the deceptions of the wicked, on the subjects of free will, tiding, hell, and the coming of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I am trying to find the scripture verse i ran across a few weeks ago about not being distracted  its in the new testament, not the 4 gospels of math. ect.
is each day busy enough to be filled?  we live in a time that our society has dictated a life style which very few has obtain, the rich mainly, but we have been subliminally by t.v. mainly,to strive for, materialism.   So what does our minds do?  how do we fill our hours?  in America?  looking at each other?  peggy

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 11:09:05 AM »

I am trying to find the scripture verse i ran across a few weeks ago about not being distracted  its in the new testament, not the 4 gospels of math. ect.
is each day busy enough to be filled? 

Hey Peggy,

I know you said not in the book of Matthew, but this sounded a lot like what you are describing. Perhaps another member will help find the exact scripture you are referring to:

Matt 6:19-21, 24-34  Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon [Gk. 'money'].
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Marques

Marky Mark

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 11:41:20 AM »

Hello Peggy.
Maybe this?

1Pe 1:13  So make your minds ready, and keep on the watch, hoping with all your power for the grace which is to come to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
1Pe 1:14  Like children ruled by God, do not go back to the old desires of the time when you were without knowledge:
1Pe 1:15  But be holy in every detail of your lives, as he, whose servants you are, is holy;
1Pe 1:16  Because it has been said in the Writings, You are to be holy, for I am holy.
1Pe 1:17  And if you give the name of Father to him who, judging every man by his acts, has no respect for a man's position, then go in fear while you are on this earth:
1Pe 1:18  Being conscious that you have been made free from that foolish way of life which was your heritage from your fathers, not through a payment of things like silver or gold which come to destruction,
1Pe 1:19  But through holy blood, like that of a clean and unmarked lamb, even the blood of Christ:
1Pe 1:20  Who was marked out by God before the making of the world, but was caused to be seen in these last times for you,
1Pe 1:21  Who through him have faith in God who took him up again from the dead into glory; so that your faith and hope might be in God.

Peace...Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.