bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: justification  (Read 3137 times)

dre91

justification
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:40:36 PM »

i wrote earlier that we are not justified by works but faith. I was talking about works of the law. Tithing, first fruits, attending a sunday morning service on sundays, wearing black and white on 1st sundays for communion. I was talking about the church and its legalism. I know paul and james dont contradict each other. From my understanding the reason we are doing the will of our father is because its God who works in us to will and do his good pleasure. Its not by freewill because freewill is a myth. Can anyone explain to me acts 2 and john 20:22. I heard a preacher say that these are separate events. He said jesus blew on the disciples in john 20:22 to do his commission. He said acts 2 they were baptized with the holy spirit for ministry.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:45:41 PM by dre91 »

mharrell08

Re: justification
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »

i wrote earlier that we are not justified by works but faith. I was talking about works of the law. Tithing, first fruits, attending a sunday morning service on sundays, wearing black and white on 1st sundays for communion. I was talking about the church and its legalism. I know paul and peter dont contradict each other. From my understanding the reason we are doing the will of our father is because its God who works in us to will and do his good pleasure. Its not by freewill because freewill is a myth. Can anyone explain to me acts 2 and john 20:22. I heard a preacher say that these are separate events. He said jesus blew on the disciples in john 20:22 to do his commission. He said acts 2 they were baptized with the holy spirit for ministry.

FYI: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=11434.0

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

Re: justification
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 01:50:41 PM »

I love it when a Plan comes together! :)

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.