bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Parallel Universe theory?  (Read 12165 times)

Lupac

Parallel Universe theory?
« on: April 08, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »

Maybe someone here more acquainted with quantum physics and the theories surrounding it can answer this for me. I've always been interested in science, but when I research things like the "multiple-universe interpretation", all I get are a few scientist trying really hard to prove it, while other scientists simply disagree, but I don't really understand their arguments against it, as they are often very technical.  Then you get some article on Fox-News saying someone from Oxford "proved" the theory, without really stating how. The implications of the existence of parallel universes is that my and your lives really are less important than even current science tries to say. But also that we shape our reality simply by what we choose. I have no idea if the theory is even scientifically viable.

So, can anyone here help me? Thanks.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Parallel Universe theory?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »

"we shape our reality"

We don't shape anything. The mold was made millions of years ago.

Lupac

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 04:29:41 PM »

Yes, I understand that. I was not stating what I believe, but what the parallel universe theory seems to state. I'm not even sure it says that, that was just what I gathered from it, which is why I was asking about it. Thanks though.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »

....by what we choose....

Our choices are pre-determined by God. There is no free-will or freedom from causality. God knows the beginning from the end before we choose anything. We have no powers above God and any powers we do have are from God.

1Co 3:18  Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this world, let him become a fool so that he may be wise.
1Co 3:19  For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God; for it is written, "He takes the wise in their own craftiness."
1Co 3:20  And again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain."
1Co 3:21  Therefore let no one glory in men.

Arc

Billy Bob White

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »

Hey, Lupac

Billy Bob White here. I just had to reply to your last post about the parallel universe theory.  I'll be your huckleberry.  And probably get this post locked.  I have always thought that there might be many parallel universes; all it would take is to be a fraction of a second in front of our time or a second behind.  Hope you see what I mean.  Here's one for you - can you imagine how many earths that God has made?  God has always been, has never been idle, and has always been making something, including earths.  He said so himself.    Ecc 1:9-11  What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.   Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is somthing new"?  It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time.  There is no remembrance of men of old, and even those who are yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow.

Hey, good talkin' to ya Lupac.  There will be some members that will say that we should not even think of such things (that is their perogative).  but they should not tell us what to think.  In Christ's love, Billy said it.

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 10:16:51 PM »

Hey Bryant...
I don't know about quantum anything BUT I saw a movie once called "Doppleganger" and it was pretty weird!! hehehe!
I'd hate to think there might me another ME out there somewhere...that would just be scary in more ways than one!!  :D
In this movie everything was like a mirror image or something anyway sorry, I got no clue about any of it!!  :)
Kathy ;)

Kat

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 11:15:39 PM »

Hi Lupac,

Well there are many theories that scientific minds have speculated about, this is one of them.

In 1954, a young Princeton University doctoral candidate named Hugh Everett III came up with a radical idea: That there exist parallel universes, exactly like our ­universe.

With his Many-Worlds theory, Everett was attempting to answer a rather sticky question related to quantum physics: Why does quantum matter behave erratically? The quantum level is the smallest one science has detected so far. The study of quantum physics began in 1900, when the physicist Max Planck first introduced the concept to the scientific world. Planck's study of radiation yielded some unusual findings that contradicted classical physical laws. These findings suggested that there are other laws at work in the universe, operating on a deeper level than the one we know.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/parallel-universe.htm

Do you think that these scientists consider that there is an all powerful spirit God "operating on a deeper level than the one we know"? I'm sure there are physical laws that we are unaware of. What I'm saying is that the physical mind can speculate and try to reason out what this great creation is all about, but we are limited to what God reveals. Man speculates that there are more physical realities - parallel universes, when we are learning that the spiritual truths of God is the deeper level to seek.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Vangie

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 11:50:41 PM »

Great post Kat!  Thanks for that very much--puts things right into perspective. 

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 10:52:34 PM »

This whole parallel universe theory is no different than the grass is greener idea.
Many people hate their lives and want something better so we image worlds where things are better but only relative to any given individual.
I agree Kat we don't realize the the spiritual are the deep things of God!

I listen to science Fridays on NPR and I constantly hear scientist inadvertently admit there belief in God.
Its pretty funny! :D

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 05:41:30 AM »

These findings suggested that there are other laws at work in the universe, operating on a deeper level than the one we know.[/i]

In consideration of the above, to transcend the parallel we need the Mediator, the Spirit of Christ.

First the natural then the spiritual could be the parallels never meeting on their own but dimly grasped at through foggy reasoningsand grappling's for the Truth in the imaginings of mankind.

So there is a parallel! 8) just not the one they try to compare literally to physical realities. Spiritual matching spiritual also may exist within parallel paradimes.  :D

Absolute v/s Relative realities also could be said to be parallel dimensions of thinking, believing, knowing and understanding.

Arc

cjwood

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 02:44:34 PM »

i do good to get parallel parking down, much less parallel universes.  :D

claudia

Joel

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 11:37:57 PM »

Hi Lupac!
Its an awesome thing to think about the universe, or parallel universes.
To see, or read about worm holes, matter, string theory, and black holes.
The way stars are created, and the way they end, and the list goes on and on, doesn't it?

When I think on these things it just puts me more in awe of the greatness of the Father God, and our Lord, and Savior, Jesus the Christ that created all these wonderful things.
I can only really appreciate these mighty works, when God allows me to by His Holy Spirit.

This puts me in mind of the time in the scriptures, in 2 Kings the 6Th chapter, when the servant of Elisha was afraid at being compassed about by the enemy.
Elisha prayed that the young man's eyes might be opened, and God heard him and the young man saw WHO was with them.

Parallel universes? there are many, natures critters have their own little universes apart from us. They don't need us, God takes care of them, as well as the untold numbers of insects, plants and animals seen and unseen.

We are fortunate that Allmighty God, decided to make MAN in his image, and to make a way for us to have a relationship with him through his SON.

As the Bible says, "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

So thanks for this thread, it helps me to be more thankful, and LOVE him even more!
And I didn't even mention all those factions in Babylon, that live in THEIR own little worlds, or universes if you will. :'(

To God be the GLORY!
Joel

longhorn

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2010, 08:51:59 PM »

I bumped into myself once on re-entry from one of those parallel trips and fractured my clavicle. Worked out ok though, I sued myself for defamation of charecter and won.  Then I bought a time machine and now I only travel when I want to get away from myself.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 09:46:07 PM »

Longhorn! WAKE UP!!!! I'm laughing too hard to bring you back from the edge of your mind!! You're going to faaaaaaaall!!!   :o
Someone get the straight jacket!!  Give him his medication!!
Sedate him!!  :D ;D
Kathy  ;)

rockrdude

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 11:02:35 PM »

Longhorn, I want two of whatever you're having.
Three, if it's Musicman's special Koolaid.  ;D

Ninny

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 12:23:09 AM »

Jonathan...you'd better be very careful drinking what Longhorn and Musicman drink!! Longhorn adds a little Texas BBQ sauce to his and they don't have the antidote in Iowa!! hehehe!!  ;D
Kathy ;)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2010, 12:39:04 AM »

Drink too much of that and you start believing in perpendicular universes.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 11:18:52 PM »

Drink too much of that and you start believing in perpendicular universes.

You have a problem with that ??????????. The drink too much, i mean ;D.

george ::).

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »

Parallel universe theory is just a science chestnut that makes people think that freewill is actually possible, then with some time travel thrown in we could travel to our parallel universe and do what ever we wanted as it wouldn't effect our actual universe, or would it!? lol.

I'm not convinced that we went to the moon never mind parallel universes, if we believe most scientists we should have had a moon base by now. Does anyone ever stop to think how we would get all the materials up into space never mind landing it on the moon and building a station there. The term daydreaming comes to mind with most of these atheistic scientists, anything for a book title or to justify their next grant eh!?
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

soberxp

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 12:40:54 PM »

I bumped into myself once on re-entry from one of those parallel trips and fractured my clavicle. Worked out ok though, I sued myself for defamation of charecter and won.  Then I bought a time machine and now I only travel when I want to get away from myself.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

time machine can't get away from yourself. cuz we are in Christ .everything has made as itself,we call that Fate.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.