bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A pearl  (Read 3697 times)

Ellie

A pearl
« on: April 09, 2010, 07:30:24 AM »

Two nights ago I was sitting in front of the computer,looking up words for my son to help him with his Uni. study.
  My bible was open nearby.I picked it up and found myself reading aloud Luke 1-27 to 36. My son stopped what he was doing,turned to me and said,"Wow!"...He asked me to read it again,then again as he wrote it all down word for word in his study book.He looked at it for awhile,then with a sweet smile on his face said to me,"Now.....Is there anything else Jesus would like me to know?....
 Well..........just a few things........but it was just the loveliest moment.... :).....
                                                   Peace to all.....Ellie

Deborah-Leigh

Re: A pearl
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 08:30:38 AM »

Thank you for sharing His Presence with both you and your son Ellie.

His gentlenss and love are beyond compare.

Arc

Kat

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 11:14:30 AM »

Hi Ellie,

That truly was a precious moment to have to be sharing this truth with your son. Your calling attention to that passage of Scripture has been a blessing to me as well, isn't Mary a shadow of the Elect  :)

Luke 1:26  In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth,
v. 27  to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
v. 28  And he came to her and said, "Hail, O favored one, the Lord is with you!"
v. 29  But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and considered in her mind what sort of greeting this might be.
v. 30  And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
v. 31  And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call His name Jesus.
v. 32  He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to Him the throne of His father David,
v. 33  and He will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of His kingdom there will be no end."
v. 34  And Mary said to the angel, "How shall this be, since I have no husband?"
v. 35  And the angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.
v. 36  And behold, your kinswoman Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month with her who was called barren.
v. 37  For with God nothing will be impossible."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

EKnight

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »

Lately I have seen more and more of God's daily workings in my life and others.  What a wonderful thing it is.  There really is more good in this world than people realize.  If only they could see.

God Bless.
Eileen

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 01:18:43 PM »

I have seen HIS works these last few weeks in the lives of my family (and my own); what a truly awesome and peaceful feeling it is  :) It brought tears to my eyes just reading your post.

Ellie

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 10:03:28 PM »

Eileen and Honeylamb.....I was really touched to hear that you both have seen the workings of our Lord in your famiies lives. It is so precious.There is good in the world .....I think the encouragment,upliftment and prayer for one another here allows more to see or I could say allows us to see more.......
  Remiss of me not to have printed out those verses myself. Thank you Kat. Previous posts have questioned the role of women in God's scheme of things in relation to men. These women were so blessed.
                        Peace..........Ellie........
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.