bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer for my sister...  (Read 11685 times)

Ninny

Prayer for my sister...
« on: April 09, 2010, 02:28:59 PM »

I wanted to ask if you would please pray for my sister, Helen. She lives in Lubbock, TX. I just heard that she is in the hospital..So I would really appreciate it if you would remember her in prayer.
Thank you!
Kathy :)

margo

Re: Prayer for my sister...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »

Hi Kathy,  I have family in Lubbock also, and yes I will pray for your sister.

Blessings to you and your family,

Margo

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 08:00:18 PM »

Thank you Margo...They are pretty sure she has lung cancer..but she is in surgery right now they are opening a "window" to her heart to drain fluid..she is very sick...God's will be done!
Kathy

Marlene

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 02:39:02 AM »

Kathy, I will keep your Sister in prayer. I know, Gods will is always done. But, I like to pray for the people and the family to have Gods comfort during this hard time.

In His Love,
Marlene

Ellie

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 05:42:20 AM »

Kathy.........Done..........Peace.Ellie...

cherokee

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 08:44:10 AM »

Will do Kathy.

Blessings,
Suzie

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 10:49:54 AM »

Thank you all for praying...My sister made it through her surgery..The doctors removed the pericardial sac that surrounds the heart..her heart had so much fluid around it it could barely pump! Once they get her heart out of immediate danger they can decide what to do about the lungs...the mass in her lung is what caused the fluid build up in the heart, if there is cancer in any of the tissue or fluid they removed then the prognosis will not be good  :'(  so please continue praying...I was able to share with one of my sister's daughters that God is in control and He is the one who decides when we live and when we die. So I would ask that you pray for me as well so that I can give them all hope and share what a good and loving Father God we have! :)
Kathy

EKnight

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 10:55:21 AM »

Kathy,

I pray that God gives you the words or wisdom needed to comfort and heal the spiritually blind.  God has done so much of that for me lately and even death can't overshadow the Glories that God works through us and in us in our daily lives.  Whatever the prognosis for you sister, I pray the suffering is minimal for her and her family.

Love in Christ,

Eileen

Samson

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »

Hi Kathy,

Sorry for the late response, read your followup Post and hope things go Well for your Sister. My Prayers go out in Her behalf. Whatever eventually happens after Her Surgery, hope She doesn't suffer too much physical pain,  :(.

Kind Regards, Samson.

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 01:07:23 PM »

Read your post this a.m.; will add Helen and your family to my prayer list

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 02:09:52 PM »

kathy, i pray that God's mercy, grace, and love will rain down on your helen.  i also pray that His peace will bring comfort to you, helen, and the rest of your family as you all walk this journey.

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 12:23:38 PM »

Thank you for praying for my family..There is a chance that I may be going to Lubbock in the next few days..my sister was in A Fib yesterday and they could not get her heart rhythm to stabilize. they finally determined that she was dehydrated and gave her fluids which brought her heart rate down..she is in very bad shape...so if things do not improve significantly in the next day or two we will be going..

Now I know that God is in control of all of this...but I am going to need some strength and wisdom if we have to go...So please pray that God will give me the right words to say to all of my family...I want to be a comfort to them more than anything else...So if you would pray that over me I would appreciate it very much!
Kathy :)

I just heard bad news from my niece...the pulmonologist has said he's surprised my sister's still alive...he's giving her 6 months at the most...I told my niece that only God says how long we have to live...so please pray for my sister's daughters they are so sad....
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:03:01 PM by Ninny »

Ninny

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 10:51:49 AM »

I've been so busy I haven't taken time to update about my sister..I have been trying to keep my facebook up to date so thanks to all of you who have been encouraging me there! My sister is in a very bad situation right now...she is stable at the moment, but this could change all according to God's plan of course..

She had a thoracentesis done yesterday morning and they drained 1 liter of fluid from her lung! ..her heart rate is near normal now and her breathing is improving..she is not in pain right now...So thank God for that!

We are hoping that her condition will stabilize a little more for the next few days..her daughter that lives here near me is in nursing school and in a very crucial place at the end of her schooling...so I wanted to ask you all if you will pray for enough time for my niece to get through at least this week of school before we have to go to Lubbock..

There is no diagnosis of lung cancer yet...none of the pathology is back yet, but maybe today...the pulminologist said he would consider it a miracle if my sister lives another 6 months to a year! BUT I have told my family only God knows how much longer on this earth she has!! Pray also for me that I will be a comfort in some way to my nieces and their families and to my brothers and sisters..we are a bit scattered around and we are having to help each other make the trips necessary to get to Lubbock...

You guys don't know how much you mean to me..you have been such a part of my life for the last 2 years that I can't imagine my life without you!! You have prayed and stood with me through many tears and joys and there is no way to thank you for that!! I love you all dearly!! :)
Kathy :-*   

rockrdude

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 04:38:57 PM »

For those of you who are praying for Helen, Kathy just messaged me and told me that they have now diagnosed cancer in Helen.

Please continue to pray for Kathy and her family. They NEED our prayers.

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2010, 09:40:01 PM »

Thanks Jonathan for posting for me...This has been a very trying day! I have been stuck to my cell phone all day..My niece in Lubbock has been updating me and texting me so fast I hardly have time to answer and pass the news along to the rest of my family!

So far, we now know that the cancer is in her white blood cells..there are no reports back from the heart and lung pathology yet...the pulminologist did tell them Sat that he feels sure she has stage 4 lung cancer he's almost positive...
Helen is in good spirits and wanting to go home..so they just want to keep her positive...I have been praying that God will give me words when I need them, and silence when that is best...I have been able to gently slip in truth to their sorrowing hearts...and I will say whatever God enables me to say. My sister's 3 daughters and I are very good friends, and I need to be able to look them in the eye and tell them that we have an awesome Father God no matter the outcome here!

I need strength, wisdom and love enough to help them through this time...so I ask God to keep me focused while grieving for my nieces, my brothers and sisters and that, if it is what I must do,  I will be able to say good-bye to my sister in a way that will bring hope to all the rest of my family...
There is always hope in the Lord!
Kathy  :)

Vangie

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 10:34:57 PM »

You are such an inspiring sister to us, Kathy.  I'm so sorry to hear this news and pray for you and your nieces to feel His strength and comfort as you endure this trial with Helen.

Love in Christ,
Vangie

Ellie

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 03:38:29 AM »

Ditto Vangie........continuing prayers Kathy....hugs Ellie..

Marlene

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 03:51:54 PM »

I feel for you and your family Kathy.  You, know I will continue to pray. I pray that God helps you all to endure this great time of Trial.

In His Love,
Marlene

margo

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 07:42:51 PM »

Sending love and prayers and Our Father has so much LOVE FOR ALL HIS CHILDREN.
Margo

bluzman

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 09:15:48 PM »

For what its worth Kathy, last night I prayed for you and your sister. My heart is heavy for you dear sister.
Bluzman
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 19 queries.