bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greater is HE IN YOU, than he in the world  (Read 9307 times)

mharrell08

Greater is HE IN YOU, than he in the world
« on: April 15, 2010, 12:24:46 PM »

1 John 4:3  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Excerpt from 2009 Mobile Conference 'Will You Inherit the Kingdom of God?' (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11521.msg99632.html#msg99632):

Are you sometimes overwhelmed by all the seemingly negative and what seem as almost impossible statements in the Scriptures regarding the requirements for entering God’s Kingdom?  How about this statement:  “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:48).

Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Whoa, I wonder if I’ve done that?’

Mat 10:22  And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake: but he that endures to the end shall be saved.

Oh I don’t know, can I endure to the end?  How much is that? How much will that involve?

Luke 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after Me, cannot be My disciple.

And remember the warning to the Seven Churches.  It is only “…to him that OVERCOMES…”  Seven times we are told to overcome.  That entrance into the Kingdom is promised, (Rev. 2 & 3).

How many are sometimes bothered by such Scriptures and think that maybe we just won’t make it? We just won’t be acceptable to God?  We fold every time a severe trial comes our way? You want to live godly, but you just can’t conquer some sins and then all these many Scriptures condemn you. Am I talking to anyone in this room?

It’s not a very peaceful or rewarding life living like this with so many uncertainties, is it? Never ever being quite certain as to where you stand with God. We see too many areas where we know we fall short and then we condemn ourselves.

It’s not very soothing to live a life like that, living in kind of fear and trepidation as to whether or not you are ever going to make it into this kingdom of God. Maybe when He says “few,” what He really means is hardly any.

Well I want you all to leave this conference with a confidence from God that will enable you to live in peace with himself/herself. A feeling like you learned some stuff, some important stuff and I want you to leave the confidence with, that
IF GOD HAS BEGUN A WORK IN YOU, HE WILL FINISH IT. To be assured that you will be in the Kingdom of God and receive a reward. God did not call us to a life of uncertainty, doubt and frustration. Ninety-nine percent of those in Christendom ‘know’ for a fact that when they die they are going to heaven, when in reality and according to the Scriptures they know NO SUCH THING. Is your assurance that you will be in the Kingdom of God built on any more solid ground than these?  Even if you fall, God is able to make you stand up. 

So I gave you kind of the negative side. But there is a real positive side, isn’t there? The positive side is this; yes, you can’t fall away... you can’t look back… you can’t refuse to continue on… you can’t refuse to overcome the trials that are put before you. But if God is truly calling you, He won’t let you! That’s the good news. But even if He lets you fall, it will teach you a lesson, that we don’t have the strength to rely on ourselves. 

You know, the longer you live a godly life and you overcome your pulls of the flesh and you try to be more loving and kind and all the things that Jesus is…  If you’re not careful, you get kind of spiritually cocky and think you’re a pretty good person and ‘I’ve got this thing pretty much in tow.’  Just about then, you could fall flat on your face.  That’s why it says, beware when you think you stand lest you fall (1Cor. 10:12).

What Paul has to say about QUALIFYING:

Paul said I bring anything that is sinful or wrong under “subjection” in my body, unless I speak to you on how to do all this stuff and “I myself should be a castaway.”

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So yes, he was aware of that and he kept that prod on himself, but was he negative about it? Did he said, ‘Boy, I hope I make it. But He put me through some stuff. I don’t know if I’ll make it to the end. I don’t know if I can endure all this stuff God put me through. I got this demon smacking me up side the head (spiritually speaking), every day of my life. I’m in hunger and thirst, nakedness and problems, troubles, threats of robbers and killers and shipwrecked, in the swamp…  I don’t know if I can make it.’ No!

He says, I KNOW there’s a wreath of righteousness waiting for me (2 Timothy 4:08). “I KNOW.”  So what do we learn from that? We can KNOW!

Paul talks about qualifying. It doesn’t use ‘qualifying’ but one time in the King James, it uses the word ‘approved.’

2 Tim. 2:15 Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (KJV)

The Concordant uses the word “qualified,” that’s a little closer to the Greek.

2 Tim. 2:15 Endeavor to present yourself to God qualified, an unashamed worker, correctly cutting the word of truth. (CLV)

1 Corinthians 11:19 …that those also who are qualified may become apparent among you.

James 1:12 happy is the man that is enduring trial: for becoming qualified, he will be obtaining the wreath of life, which the Lord promises those loving Him.

As Peter says, "I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance" (2 Pet 1:12-13)

Marques

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Greater is HE IN YOU, than he in the world
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 01:04:49 PM »

Quote from: mharrell08

As Peter says, "I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance" (2 Pet 1:12-13)

Marques

Thanks for stirring me up today!

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 11:34:59 PM »

:)
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

cjwood

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 02:38:08 AM »

thank marques for that posting in your thread what ray discussed in mobile. i just recently spent time reading and studying the notes from the conference while i was out of town with no internet connection. so, your posting was especially inspirational.

claudia

Samson

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:23:41 PM »

Hey Marques,

I've been meaning to respond to this Thread, especially in regards to qualifying to be part of God's Kingdom and His Elect. All of us know we will eventually be saved and will receive a Resurrection, but at times, Our Carnal Emotions tend to influence the thought that we aren't good enough to qualify as a member of God's Elect, even though we know God is doing a work in us. It helps us to appreciate that in no way could we do it by ourselves, but like the title of the thread states: Greater is He in you, than he in the world. I copied and pasted a few points from your Post that stood out for me.

How many are sometimes bothered by such Scriptures and think that maybe we just won’t make it? We just won’t be acceptable to God?  We fold every time a severe trial comes our way? You want to live godly, but you just can’t conquer some sins and then all these many Scriptures condemn you. Am I talking to anyone in this room?

It’s not a very peaceful or rewarding life living like this with so many uncertainties, is it? Never ever being quite certain as to where you stand with God. We see too many areas where we know we fall short and then we condemn ourselves.

[What Paul has to say about QUALIFYING:

Paul said I bring anything that is sinful or wrong under “subjection” in my body, unless I speak to you on how to do all this stuff and “I myself should be a castaway.”

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So yes, he was aware of that and he kept that prod on himself, but was he negative about it? Did he said, ‘Boy, I hope I make it. But He put me through some stuff. I don’t know if I’ll make it to the end. I don’t know if I can endure all this stuff God put me through. I got this demon smacking me up side the head (spiritually speaking), every day of my life. I’m in hunger and thirst, nakedness and problems, troubles, threats of robbers and killers and shipwrecked, in the swamp…  I don’t know if I can make it.’ No!

He says, I KNOW there’s a wreath of righteousness waiting for me (2 Timothy 4:08). “I KNOW.”  So what do we learn from that? We can KNOW!

Paul talks about qualifying. It doesn’t use ‘qualifying’ but one time in the King James, it uses the word ‘approved.’

2 Tim. 2:15 Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (KJV)

The Concordant uses the word “qualified,” that’s a little closer to the Greek.

2 Tim. 2:15 Endeavor to present yourself to God qualified, an unashamed worker, correctly cutting the word of truth. (CLV)

1 Corinthians 11:19 …that those also who are qualified may become apparent among you.

James 1:12 happy is the man that is enduring trial: for becoming

Thanks for the thread, Samson./color]

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 03:37:30 PM »

2 Cor 12:9-10  He [Lord] said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Phil 4:13  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

My family attends church services...all of them, mother, uncles & aunts, wife; they all go to their different church services. And THESE are the spiritual lessons that I wish they could partake in but never are taught on Sundays.

They have never heard a sermon that teaches the PURPOSE to why they suffer in relationships, finances, career fields, etc. Everything is always a quick prayer solution away (with a monetary donation, of course), the need to attend a 'power conference' to learn to 'empower themselves', or some other nonsense. When they suffer, they are taught it is because they are doing something wrong instead of God doing something right in them...that in their weakness, He is strong.

They don't learn ANYTHING when they go to these sermons. When they walk out, they have the exact understanding and knowledge of the Lord as when they walked in. It's an illusion that would make David Copperfield jealous. And they SHOW how disillusioned they are by buying books & other publications to teach them to pray, manage their finances, meet a mate, start a business, etc the 'Christian way'.

Paul says the following:

Rom 9:3  For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh

Now anyone who knows me, knows I don't go around slamming those of the church...it's a waste of time, I believe. But I do feel as Paul does...like I wish I could 'cut out' my spiritual eyes and give them to those of the church. Though that would leave me spiritually blind, THEY would then see the glory of God, having their understanding opened.

Freedom and peace of mind are the greatest virtues one can have spiritually, I believe. So it can be disheartening to see those bound and tossed to & fro in their minds & hearts with their beliefs. The Lord says 'As I live, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live' (Ezek 33:11) and spiritually I agree. I take no pleasure in the spiritual death of the wicked & unbelieving, blind leading the blind.

Just had to get that off my chest,

Marques

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 11:31:09 PM »

Rom 9:2  That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3  For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

I cannot tell you how many times I said this to myself and now you show me a scripture for it!!!

Great post man
Antaiwan

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 07:31:17 PM »

Great topic,
Good to prod us to think and reason and return to prayer for strength and clarity.
Thanks, Bob

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 12:20:49 PM »

Hi Marques

Your disclosure tweaked some feelings and thoughts that I can share in empathy with what you describe.

the need to attend a 'power conference' to learn to 'empower themselves',

As in the making themselves a name to be honored and famous which was the aim of the children of men …

Gen 11:4  And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and LET US MAKE US A NAME………...

In their efforts to make themselves a Name they fulfill what God has prophesied, prepared for and authored.

Rev 3:1  And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars says these things. I know your works, that YOU HAVE A NAME that you live, and are dead.

Christendom’s books feed the desire for self gratification and promote the effort to overturn, reject, deny and defeat or escape Gods work in making us into His Image. The most finely honed and best intended does and don’ts that Christendom’s Best Selling How to do it books,  cannot be observed by the most well intentioned person, for it is God who Works in us according to His Will and Purpose ~ not us. We are God’s achievement, not our own from the least to the greatest of us, it is all God’s Work. Those who elevate human kind to the Babel height and stature of making again a name for themselves, show their addiction to the desire to be gods of manmade honor and renown. They may get the praise, kudos, applause and recognition of the world ~ they have their reward from the world but not from the Creator OF the world. Should we lament this? :)

I wish I could 'cut out' my spiritual eyes and give them to those of the church. Though that would leave me spiritually blind, THEY would then see the glory of God, having their understanding opened.

You don’t have the Holier-than-thou pride of place and prejudice which is well and good so now you may advance to the recognition of Gods work in them to cause the contrast to be so stark, so blatant and so overpowering that when finally God unveils His work to them, the shout of joy will not be a weak, dubious, doubtfully attended voice of praise but a burst of Joy equivalent to Adams AT LAST! 8)

As Paul, so do you and I and all, have to endure and suffer the deep desire that others see and hear and know our Lord for Who He is. We find the peal of great worth but no one can see it! It is an untradeable commodity! What a letdown! :D :)

Php 1:8  For God is my witness how greatly I long after you all in the BOWELS of Jesus Christ.

This love and desire is appropriate, necessary and designed by God for few to experience, suffer and appraise as part of the nature of our God who Loves us accordingly. God is Spirit. The pearl is Spirit. Christ is Spirit. No flesh or blood can appraise or see or hear Spirit. This Spiritual unheard of, unseen intimate Love of God we have to experience of  God appropriating His Love into your feelings as He fashions His Image into your soul. This is good news! If you do not feel this way deep down in your aching heart of hearts, which I see that you DO, then it would yet ahead of you, I, us, to yet experience this deep core type love for the children, family, heirs and brethren yet to be made whole by the Spirit of God that heals, restores and brings to perfection through His consuming Fire.

We, as God want a FAMILY. Paul desired a FAMILY to share in the joy and appreciation of GOD. His love was for the transformation of those without eyes, to see, and those who were weak in their faith to be made sure and steady as of Christ in His Faith. This desire is of God and is part of the process of learning to Love and become acquainted with God.

God does not want to be alone, neither did Paul or you or I or anyone of us who find the treasures of great worth in the Truth unveiled for our eyes hearts and minds to embrace and enjoy. We ache that others do not know, cannot see and prefer not to hear.

God is a FATHER not of fatherless children but of FAMILY in His Spirit and His Truth that is formed out of great travail conforming rebellious children into His Children and heirs of His Spirit. In Gods time there shall be Sons and Daughters of His Kingdom.

Wisdom that was birthed, the butterfly that is born and any baby that has to go through the most frightening experiences before being spanked into taking that first breath upside down and then…never again…..Your suffering indemnifies you from the worldly and invites you into the spiritual Family of God’s Spirit and His Truth. There has to be the purging purifying, chastising fire of God to burn out weakness and propensities to evil and deceptions of carnal lust driven behaviors of greed and self idolatry. This is a work for the Son of God and His appointed heirs who cannot afford to faint at the prospect of pain and suffering that accompanies Gods work to transform and transmute evil to good by overcoming the drag of imperfection on buckled feet or spiritually slothful leanings towards self aggrandizement.

Freedom and peace of mind are the greatest virtues one can have spiritually

Endurance in bondage to vanity and overcoming the absence of freedom and absence of peace of mind, may be the virtue of perseverance and acceptance of God’s work.  :)

This endurance and perseverance in patience is the full work that suffering brings about to produce that peace under duress and that freedom inside the boundaries of perceived controls which is the true virtue of being the spiritual fire of God.  Not escaping Gods consuming fire, but being as He is that is the victory and totality of our God.

You know God is not one sentence of pacifying appeasing good sounding verses of Scripture and He is not one line or chapter of insight presented by Ray Smith.  Paul ascended to the fullness of the stature of Christ as evidenced by God causing him to return to Rome and his certain death there by execution that went against the desire of those who loved him. So his death ended his suffering and assured him the better resurrection. So too must our path be. Your suffering, hallmarks you into the path of Christ and His family that have gone before us. Your suffering is your blessing that is His Mark of fire upon your circumcised heart. May you take courage to be stilled in your concerns and sufferings for your God who is the One true God ~ your God.

God is on track with you Marques. He keeps you, keeping on… 8)

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.