bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GEHENNA,LAKE OF FIRE,HELL!!-  (Read 6968 times)

Dan

GEHENNA,LAKE OF FIRE,HELL!!-
« on: March 21, 2006, 12:39:41 PM »

I posted this on another thread but I felt impelled to post as a new thread

GEHENNA-
Of Hebrew origin ([H1516] and [H2011]); valley of (the son of) Hinnom; gehenna (or Ge-Hinnom), a valley of Jerusalem, is a deep narrow glen south of Jerusalem, where the Jews offered their children to the god Molech (2 Kings 23:10; Jeremiah 7:31, 19:2-5), as seen in Jeremiah this practice was strongly condemned by the prophets. Later it became a refuge for all putrefying material, garbage, dead animals,which defiled the city;

The term Ge-henna simply means  Valley of Hinnom.

the lake of fire is simply refered to be like the fire at the valley of Hinnom(Gehenna). The garbage, dead carcasses, and refuse was put here in Jesus' time and set on fire. This fire never went out and burned continually. It (fire of gehenna)burned up the GARBAGE and REFUSE .

Now with that in mind lets read what Jesus said:

Mar 9:47  And if your eye offends you, cast it out. For it is profitable for you to enter into the kingdom of God one-eyed, than having two eyes to be thrown into  Gehenna fire,
Mar 9:48  "where their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched." Isa. 66:24(the worm verse doesnt mean what people think)
Mar 9:49  For everyone will be salted with fire, and every sacrifice will be salted with salt.
Mar 9:50  Salt is good, but if the salt becomes saltless, by what will you season? Have salt in yourselves and be at peace with one another.

everyone will be salted with fire, (dont think man's fire here)
salt within us makes us to be at peace with one another!!(mar 9:50)

What do you think The Lake of Fire (God is a consuming fire) will burn up.

Why the chaff (wood, hay stubble)
And What is the chaff?

Of course you know, it is SIN (wickedness)

Luk 3:16  John answered all, saying, I indeed baptize you with water; but He stronger than I comes, of whom I am not fit to loosen the thong of His sandals. He will baptize you in the Holy Spirit and fire,
Luk 3:17  whose sifting fan is in His hand; and He will fully purge His threshing-floor, and will gather the wheat into His storehouse, but the chaff He will burn up with fire that cannot be put out.

1Co 5:5  to deliver such a one(continual sinner) to Satan for destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

That is why " He is like a refiner's fire and like fuller's soap.
 And He shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver;Mal 3:1-4

A refiners fire is not a destroying fire. it PURIFYS.(Gold refining makes Gold pure)
 Fullers Soap does not Destroy, it CLEANSES.

Mat 13:49  So it will be in the completion of the age: the angels will go out and will separate the evil from the midst of the righteous
Mat 13:50  and will throw them into the furnace of fire; there will be weeping and gnashing of the teeth.

Ps 112:10  The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and become faint with grief: the desires of the wicked shall perish.(the desires not the person)

There is weeping and gnashing of teeth, when the wicked SEE IT, AND ARE GRIEVED. even faint with grief, THEN their desire to do wickedness is burned up (removed, cleansed,refined,purified)

You see His judgements are not mans judgements.

Read this very slowly my friends

Rom 11:29  For the free gifts and the calling of God are unregrettable.
Rom 11:30  For as you then also disobeyed God, but now have obtained mercy by the disobedience of these,
Rom 11:31  so also these now have disobeyed, so that they also may obtain mercy by your mercy. (not by us condemning to eternal torment)
Rom 11:32  For God shut up all into disobedience, that He may show mercy to all.

Rom 11:33  O the depth of the riches and of the wisdom and the knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

Mans judgement and mans perception of Gods judgement, ARE NOT GODS JUDGEMENT

Isa 61:8  For I the LORD love judgement, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

Isa 16:5  And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgement, and hasting righteousness.

Isa 42:3  A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgement unto truth.

Isa 4:4  when the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and the blood of Jerusalem shall have been rinsed away from its midst by a spirit of judgement, and by a spirit of burning.

wash away the filth with a spirit of burning

Isa 1:27  Zion shall be redeemed with judgement, and her converts with righteousness.

Who is Zion?
Who is her converts?

"For when Thy [God's] JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the INHABITANTS OF THE WORLD will learn RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9)!!

When Gods judgements are in the earth the whole world WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS

This should give us exceeding joy!!!

Amen

orion77

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 01:08:38 PM »

Amen to that, Dan!!  Can't get much better news than that.  Would not be right for us who have obtained mercy to turn around and show condemnation to our brother and sisters.  Comparing spiritual with spiritual, not fleshly with spiritual, it does not mix.  Good for us His judgements are not as mans.  Great post, good news.

God bless you.

Gary

ertsky

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 01:13:19 PM »

Amen !

Jud 1:24  Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

f

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 01:52:02 PM »

Amen, very good points! Thanks for that edification.

Deedle

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 05:37:39 PM »

Jam 2:13  
For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Deedle  :D

ertsky

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 05:54:04 PM »

mercy triumphs over judgement !!

i find i must return with a second AMEN!!

indeed i must make it a way of life to show mercy at every opportunity

hell i might even wake up one morning and God willing, start loving my enemies

Gen 18:14  Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.
Gen 18:15  Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.

thanks saints

f

Mickyd

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 09:58:26 PM »

Truely a great post Dan!!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:50:56 PM »

Quote from: Shoeman
Yes Gehenna was a trash dump, now quite lush. The name Hell came from one of Loki's offspring in Norse mythology, Hel, who lived in the underworld.

So I have a question thats actually biblically concerned here: What is Judgement Day and all of that stuff for if there is no Hell and Mercy triumphs over Judgement?

Luk 12:47  And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

Luk 12:48  But he that knew not and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

I hope this helps Shoeman or Shadow or whatever it is you presently go by,

Joe

P.S. Read this;

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-C.html

ertsky

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 11:27:48 AM »

So I have a question thats actually biblically concerned here: What is Judgement Day and all of that stuff for if there is no Hell and Mercy triumphs over Judgement?

judgement day ? well that would be for judgement i'm thinking

Act 17:30  And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Act 17:31  Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

WOOHOO!!

so every trial i endure now is an ordeal i wont have to endure later !

everything He burns out of me now is something He wont have to burn out of me later

He will get me on His image

WHAT A SAVIOUR!!

WHAT A PLAN !!

press in

f
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.