bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Tone  (Read 5839 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Your Tone
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:40:55 AM »

Dear Mr. Smith,

I just came across your site a couple of days ago and I cannot stop reading. Everything you have to say is very interesting to me. I've not yet decided to dive in head first to believe it, but I definitely think it's worth looking into. I have always thought that over the years things might be added or left out by interpreters, purposely or accidentally, and this site of your's furthers my hunger to know EXACTLY what each and every detail of God's word is, as it was originally written. The only thing that bothers me is that you tend to come off very arrogant at times, when replying back to people. I realize that it is hard to tell exactly what tone someone is meaning to interpreted when reading text, but keep that in mind. Go on imdb.com message boards and very quickly you will see how people are very demeaning and arrogant when in a discussion that they are the authority on. That only serves to weaken the message.1 Samuel 2:3
"Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed."

Now, you are my elder and I do not mean to judge or disrespect you, but I think by keeping this in mind, your message, if indeed it is of God, would be better served.

God Bless,
Chanler

Dear Chandler:  Thank you for your email and comments.  I have received many dozens (hundreds?) of similar emails over past ten years.  When I write them back and ask them to give me a few examples of what they are admonishing me on, I receive nothing, except that occasionally, they will reply by saying that they can't give me a specific quotation or stagement of mine that proves such an attitude on my part.  In the case of your email, you express your distaste for the "arrogance" that you find in my writings.  I will, likewise, ask you to give me a few actual "quotations" of mine where I display such personal "arrogance?"

I have my share of human nature, I am sure, but to say that I am "arrogant," is totally false and without foundation.

"arrogant adj.  1. Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance" (American Heritage College Dictionary).

So may be show me a few things that I have said, that shows my "OVERBEARING SELF-worth or SELF-importance?"  I assure you that I feel no "overbearing self-worth in myself, whatsoever,

nor do I express in my writings any such arrogance

Directing me to a site that displays someone elses arrogance is of little value in trying to substantiate such a character flaw in me.

I'm sorry if you think my message is "WEAK." or weakened by this supposed character flaw.

You state that:  ...people are very demeaning and arrogant when in a discussion that they are the authority on."

You can't have reference to me, Chanler, seeing that I have never claimed to be an "authority" on ANYTHING!  Have I?  So if I don't believe myself to be an authority on anything, and I never state that I am an authority on anything, why would you suggest that I do claim to be an "authority?"  Yes, I do at times speak WITH authority, but not MY authority.  The WORD OF GOD--THE HOLY SCRIPTURES, they are my authority.  And I got that teaching from Jesus and Paul:

"And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes" (Matt. 7:28-29).

These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise you" (Titus 2:15).

People don't like it when I speak or teach as Jesus and the Apostles taught.  They accuse me of having character flaws when I speak with the Authority of God's Word. Or they are quick to state:  "But you are NOT Jesus."  True, BUT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE JESUS!!!  I'm working on it.

You then conclude by saying, "I do not mean to judge or disrespect you, but I think by keeping this in mind, your message, if indeed it is of God, would be better served."

So when you state that my message, "IF INDEED IT IS OF GOD," shows no disrespect toward me? If that doesn't show disrespect, then I don't know what would.

As far as my message being "better served," I would be careful how you judge, for if my message "IS INDEED OF GOD," I think that reaching multiple millions of people around the world, and having thousands of people's lives completely changed and improved, speaks pretty well of our message.  I give God ALL THE CREDIT!  And I would be the last person on earth to suggest that the message God has given me is not served as well as God would like it to be served.  I have no trouble whatsoever in changing areas of my life that I find in error or that need some improvement.  However,  emails such as yours are of no value to me, especially when the reader does not even give one example of what they are accusing.  Most often when I ASK for specific examples of what I am accused of, I receive nothing in return.

We have zero researchers, zero writers, and zero personnel to share this work load.  I don't even have a secretary, let alone a staff. We have a handful of dedicated Believers who believe whole-heartedly in this message with their support and prayers.  Also my good friend and Web Master has dedicated his time and talent to the promoting of our message via the Internet.  That's it!  So I believe the few supporters of this work can take great satisfaction in the quality of the message we are sending around the world, literally on a shoestring.  If I spoke with the same sanctimonous melbatoast platitudes as most prosperity preachers engage in, our message would produce virtually zero spiritual fruit.  If I am shown that my approach to God's Word and Gospel Message is harmful or ineffective, then I will considering changing my approach, but I believe that those who truly "get" this message are persuaded that I have zero interest in arrogance, megalomania or selfaggrandizement.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.