bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recently,I received this letter,is it SPAM?  (Read 4946 times)

soberxp

recently,I received this letter,is it SPAM?
« on: April 18, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »

From Miss Celia Kude.
Abidjan - Cote d'Ivoire.

Dearest One,
    I felt greatly impressed after going through your profile; I confirmed that you will be an honest person to help me invest my inherited money in your country. I have taken my time to pray before I tell you about this. I want you to understand that my contact with you is not by accident. It is true that we have not known each other for the first time, but I strongly believe that my contact to you will take us into great relationship financially and otherwise. Before I continue with my discussion with you, let me introduce myself in details. Since I am still a little girl and don't know much about this transaction, I am counting on your ability to assist me, all I need from you is your honesty and assurance to me that you will help me to get into school once I come over to your country. I am Miss Celia Kude, 18 year old the first and only daughter of late Mr & Mrs. Kude. My late father was one of the agriculture producers in my country before the current opposition party to the present Government of COTE D`IVOIRE killed him. My father and mother, including my younger brother was murdered by the unknown REBELS during the time they attack our house by shooting and looting, even this is one of the things that contributed to the present political crisis in our country today after they killed some other military leaders. It pains my heart to tell this story but I must to save my life from suffering and sorrow.
     God so kind I was not at home when the incident occurred, the plans of the REBELS was to kill every members of our family so that no one will rise up to revenge as time goes on. Why I am still staying back here in our country is to move the total sum of US$8.5 million which my late father deposited in the custody of the leading Bank here in Abidjan, he deposited the money in my name as the next of kin before his untimely death.
      Before the death of my father, he gave me the covering documents of the money deposits in the bank, as I am his first daughter and he so much loved me with trust that was why he handed these documents to me for safe keeping. Currently the amount in the bank which I am having the documents is US$8.5m. Right now, I will like you to assist me receive the money from the bank as my late father's business partner, I have already talk with one of the bank director's that I want to claim the money which my late father deposited under their custody, but he told me that I'm too young to handle such money alone. The bank director told me to look for any of my late father's business partner or friend to help claim the money from their office. That is the reason I'm contacting you to assist me receive the money into your bank account, so that you will assist me leave this country and help me invest the money into your company, also, you will help me to come over there in your country for me to restart my education. Since I am no longer safe as far as this country is concern at the moment, I want to move the money before leaving the country because this money is my last hope and the only future I have now. The only option I have is to claim this money out from the bank, so that I will leave the country, because in no distant time there will be presidential election here and it will not be free and fair election as the rebels have never accepted to hand over arms to the government. That is the reason why I'm contacting you to help me receive the money from the bank so that I will come to your country and continue my education there. The death of my parents actually brought sorrow to my life, as I'm writing this mail to you now i'm writing with tears and pains.
   I don't know how much percentage you will collect after the bank transferred the money into your bank account, but I hope hearing from you is important before I can know which decision to take next. I will like you to stand as my late father's business partner and my guardian, as I will officially introduce you to the bank as my late father's business partner or his friend so that they will release the money to your bank account before I come to your country. Like I said, all I need from you is your kindness in all we will do, I will be willing to trust all the money into your care provided you will promise to take good care of the money as soon as the bank transferrs it to your bank account, because I don't have anyone to run to here.
     Before I even pick you to assist me, I prayed and slept over this matter and asking the Almighty God to provide me a God fearing person that will assist me receive this money from the bank here without cheating on me. If you are interested to help me receive the money into your bank account from the bank here, get back to me immediately so that I will go to the bank to introduce you as my late father's business partner. 
Thanks and God bless you.
Miss Celia Kude.

soberxp

Re: recently,I received this letter,is it SPAM?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 05:34:25 PM »

Miss Celia Kude <removed@att.net>
I thought if everything is true,I can't help her anything,cuz language problem.over here,we not speak english.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:42:51 PM by Dave in Tenn »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 05:44:58 PM »

Hi.  This is a rather common scam.  You should not reply at all.  If you wish, you may forward a copy of her email to her ISP.  There is likely a 'complaints' address associated with att.net.  Otherwise, just ignore it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 05:46:53 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

soberxp

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 05:55:16 PM »

okay,thanks.

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 07:50:20 PM »

That scam has been around a long time. Listen to Dave for sure.

Roy

musicman

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 07:59:22 PM »

Oh my god.  What a scam.  To think that they would expect you to fall for that.  Any how, I'm just fuming here.  You know what?  You give that two bit scammer my name and e-mail.  You tell that person to send his/her $$ to me via paypal.  Have him/her send the cash to www.musicmanneedsyomoney.com.  I'll be be glad to set this huckster straight.  They need not know my account info at the momment becuz I know just what to do with 8 million +.  Oh, I'm furious!!  Don't worry, I'll put the $$ to good use. 

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 08:19:21 PM »

I've had many such letters almost verbatim.  The reason why they do it is because a percentage of folk are so blinded by greed that they fall for it and the scammer takes them for thousands of dollars.  And because the scammer is almost always based overseas there is nothing that can be done. 

Ellie

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 09:52:40 PM »

OH..such a scam...Last year I was inundated with with scam letters. I was the winner of massive amounts of money in all kinds of lotteries....Made an heir of estates and money, asked to go into business with numerous people,asked to set up accounts so that whoever it was could send money out of the country.either for political reasons or the family were being too greedy.. Of course there was the blind lady.trapped in hospital by her evil family...the dying person..who just had to send me all his money, and on it went.These letters can be reported and there is a huge task force dedicated to catching these people.They are never who they seem to be..
  Now if I had been able to collect all this money.everyone on bible truths would be rich and Ray would not have to operate this work on a shoestring...........Oh God is good........

soberxp

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 10:45:40 PM »

Thu April 22, 2010– Ontario 49 LASTEST

WINNING NUNBERS 3,4,23,36,42,46 Bonus 11                           

Attn: Winner,

We happily announce to you the draw of Canadian National Lottery the UK/CANADA online Sweepstakes International program held this year 2010. 

You have won USD1,000,000.00 (One Million United States Dollars Only) from Canadian lottery draw 2010.Your Email ID  was one of the selected email  all over the world in the lottery draw and it comes out one of the lucky winning number.

For us to process your winning for transfer you are advice to contact our judiciary agent with the details below in London for your payment.

Name: Mr. OWEN DANIEL.

Emails: xxxxx@gmail.com (and) xxxxx@gmail.com

Telephone: +00 000 000 0000.

Fax no:    +00 000 000 0000.

Please forward to him the following details below

1. Name (in Full): 

2. Country:

3. Address:

4. Direct Telephone phone

5. Age:

6. Occupation/position:

Congratulations!! Once again.

Yours in service,

Carlton Morgan.

Ellie

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 02:05:02 AM »

Eeek.........Delete..delete..delete..... ???
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.