bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humility  (Read 6354 times)

Shammie

Humility
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:13:37 PM »

Hey everyone,

Just need some help.

What is the meaning of being humble? How should this manifest in our journey with God and in our interaction with the world?

Thanks
Shameka

aqrinc

Re: Humility
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 03:31:00 PM »

Hi Shammie,

I have to leave for a bit, but had to answer you, happy to expand on this later.

Short answer, esteem everyone above yourself, always. Know that All Is Of and From GOD through Christ Jesus our Lord. The Scripture below, is one end we seek to learn, use this model to do and think and judge everything all the time.

Joh 5:30 (MKJV)
I can do nothing of My own self. As I hear, I judge, and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of the Father who has sent Me.

george :).

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:15:06 PM »

Good question Shammie

What is the meaning of being humble?

We cannot be humble without knowing, accepting or understanding that we have no freedom of choice or will. To know that God is guiding all circumstances for the Purpose of making us into His Image, is humbling.

How should this manifest in our journey with God

This should manifest in obedience in reverential awe of God and love for Him which is true worship of God.

and in our interaction with the world?

Mat 10:16  Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves.

Arc

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 05:18:21 PM »

What is the meaning of being humble? How should this manifest in our journey with God and in our interaction with the world?

Thanks
Shameka

Similar attributes to those found in Love:

1 Cor 13:4-8  Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered. It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. Love never fails! [CEV]

The more the spirit of God dwells in us, the more we will display these virtues of character. Whatever measure the spirit dwells in you, that is the measure of how much these virtues will display in your life.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Shammie

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:17:08 PM »

Thank you all for your assistance.This seems to be a very broad topic with obedience coming immediately to mind.

The realization  that we cannot achieve or dispay any of the above without the help of the  Holy Spirit is indeed quite humbling .

Shameka

claypot

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 10:58:51 AM »

We cannot be humble without knowing, accepting or understanding that we have no freedom of choice or will. To know that God is guiding all circumstances for the Purpose of making us into His Image, is humbling.

Arc

Exactly what I needed to hear at this moment. Thanks Arc for being you.

cp

jeetkunejimi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:58:15 AM »

Hi,
    to attain true humility one simply has to keep their mouth shut,lol. The tongue is the rudder to a ship of sin. So no one will ever gain total humility while living in this existance, we are all haughty and prideful. None of us are seeking after God either, we're all just playing at it or doing our level best to be Jesus shaped. If we have any modecome of humility it is because Christ is tempering us from within to make us more like him, for without him we are nothing, and the very best in us, is him in us.

Self-control is a fruit of the spirit, we have little self-control without the spirit of God in us, we are but beasts being hearded back into the shed. Humility comes when you least expect it, seek it not, for if you seek it a false humility will be what you find, just be, and let God grow in you daily by reading His word, praying and through benevolent actions, and before you know it someone will tell you that they think you are a humble person.

That's just my humble opinion,lol.
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 02:27:59 PM »

Hi,
    to attain true humility one simply has to keep their mouth shut,lol. The tongue is the rudder to a ship of sin. So no one will ever gain total humility while living in this existence, we are all haughty and prideful. None of us are seeking after God either, we're all just playing at it or doing our level best to be Jesus shaped. If we have any modecome of humility it is because Christ is tempering us from within to make us more like him, for without him we are nothing, and the very best in us, is him in us.

Self-control is a fruit of the spirit, we have little self-control without the spirit of God in us, we are but beasts being herded back into the shed. Humility comes when you least expect it, seek it not, for if you seek it a false humility will be what you find, just be, and let God grow in you daily by reading His word, praying and through benevolent actions, and before you know it someone will tell you that they think you are a humble person.

That's just my humble opinion,lol.

Not a bad synopsis at all; one thing, we do not let GOD do anything. All comes from Above, even to letting us let anything happen. There is no part of the following declarations that say any human let's GOD Or Christ Jesus do anything, none.

The beginning of humility, is when you know (really know) that there is not one shred of anything you can contribute to your own healing and Saving. It All Totally depends on our CREATOR FATHER GOD Through  Christ Jesus our Lord And Savior And Everything.

Isa 45:6-7 (CLV)
6 That they may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is a limit apart from Me. I am Yahweh Elohim, and there is none else."
Isa 45:7 Former of light and Creator of darkness, Maker of good and Creator of evil. I, Yahweh Elohim, made all of these things."

Isa 45:8-15 (GNB) For clarity
8  I will send victory from the sky like rain; the earth will open to receive it and will blossom with freedom and justice. I, the LORD, will make this happen."

9  Does a clay pot dare argue with its maker, a pot that is like all the others? Does the clay ask the potter what he is doing? Does the pot complain that its maker has no skill?
10  Do we dare say to our parents, "Why did you make me like this?"
11  The LORD, the holy God of Israel, the one who shapes the future, says: "You have no right to question me about my children or to tell me what I ought to do!
12  I am the one who made the earth and created human beings to live there. By my power I stretched out the heavens; I control the sun, the moon, and the stars.

13  I myself have stirred Cyrus to action to fulfill my purpose and put things right. I will straighten out every road that he travels. He will rebuild my city, Jerusalem, and set my captive people free. No one has hired him or bribed him to do this." The LORD Almighty has spoken.

14  The LORD says to Israel, "The wealth of Egypt and Ethiopia will be yours, and the tall men of Seba will be your slaves; they will follow you in chains. They will bow down to you and confess, 'God is with you---he alone is God.

15  The God of Israel, who saves his people, is a God who conceals himself.

george :).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.