bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: freemasons  (Read 5532 times)

dre91

freemasons
« on: April 22, 2010, 04:30:38 PM »

i work with this guy who is a mason. I asked him some things about the masons and he told me the best way to find out is from within. Out of  curiosity i wanted to join but i dont think the fraternity is Godly. Im suppose to go to the initiation saturday @ 5. Everybodies opinions are welcomed. I just want to know what everybody thinks about the freemasons

lauriellen

Re: freemasons
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:00:38 PM »

my husband has been a mason for years and years....most of the members are 'church going christian' good people. the whole group is based on doing good for their community, and all the rituals/initiations have many bible references.....having said that, they are like any other group (ie: lions club, elks lodge, ladies auxillary, ect)....just a mixed group of people joining together for fellowship and community envolvement, fund-raising for people in need, scholarships, ect. they are by no means connected specifically to religion.  discovery channel has a good show called 'the secrets of freemasonry' that goes into the history of the club and their suposedly 'secrets'.....it is very informational for anyone interested in the truth about freemasonry.....i know there has been in the past alot of 'mis-information' because they have been so secret.....not so anymore.  as far as being 'Godly', it is like anywhere else in the 'world' you would go, some are, some aren't....hope this helps.

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »

I would stay away from them.  The lower levels are just a fraternity.  The higher levels initiate them into esoteric practices that are not biblical in any way, shape or form.  If you go through the initiation you will be required to take a blood oath which is not in keeping with the scriptures at all.  I won't post any links but just do a google on 'masonic teachings' and look through the list and educate yourself. 

dre91

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 06:10:54 PM »

i guess Godly wasnt the right word i wanted 2 use. I was told that freemasons are a brotherhood by the guy i work with. He is a master mason. The only reason i was considering it was because i wanted to know the truth behind their symbols and not the brotherhood. I guess thats dangerous to join an insitution just to find out how it works.

soberxp

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »

i guess Godly wasnt the right word i wanted 2 use. I was told that freemasons are a brotherhood by the guy i work with. He is a master mason. The only reason i was considering it was because i wanted to know the truth behind their symbols and not the brotherhood. I guess thats dangerous to join an insitution just to find out how it works.
what behind their symbols

this world really has Mysterious and powerful organization or insitution.
Their thoughts and actions can affect the film industry.They have their ideas,But the way they used to fool people who accept those ideas.They weaved a web of lies to fool the people,but the idea is really and avant-garde to others.
(for example:BCI,the time machine,LOL.what if  BCI + the time machine + the philadelphia experiment =???? ???)

http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMTI3ODgwODI0/v.swf
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:47:48 PM by soberxp »

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »

I was told that freemasons are a brotherhood by the guy i work with. He is a master mason. The only reason i was considering it was because i wanted to know the truth behind their symbols and not the brotherhood. I guess thats dangerous to join an insitution just to find out how it works.

Most masons are pretty great people overall.  Any many never go above the third degree and for most it never goes beyond the fraternal aspects.  However like all secret societies there is a veneer of respectability outwardly (and they do some very good works) but the top of the hierarchy is very dark indeed.  There are 32 degrees that can be earned but the 33rd degree is/can be awarded only by the leaders of masonry if they like what they see out of you.  I did a lot of study on them in years past as I had done service work in a state lodge and I was curious about many of the things I saw....the pitchforks, spears and costumes for example that they use in exemplifying the degrees.  One of the founding fathers of freemasonry was Albert Pike and he wrote quite a book called Morals and Dogma and this is pretty much the textbook for the Scottish Rite, and I have that book.  (If you go on past the third degree one can go through either the Scottish Rite or the York Rite)  I'll just leave you with the names of the various degrees that can be earned and see if there is anything further down the list that resonates in your spirit.

Chap I - Apprentice
 Chap II - Fellow-craft
 Chap III - Master
 Chap IV - Secret Master
 Chap V - Perfect Master
 Chap VI - Intimate Secretary
 Chap VII - Provost and Judge
 Chap VIII - Intendant of the Building
 Chap IX - Elu of the Nine
 Chap X - Elu of the Fifteen
 Chap XI - Elu of the Twelve
 Chap XII - Master Architect
 Chap XIII - Royal Arch of Solomon
 Chap XIV - Perfect Elu
 Chap XV - Knight of the East
 Chap XVI - Prince of Jerusalem
 Chap XVII - Knight of the East and West
 Chap XVIII - Knight Rose Croix
 Chap XIX - Pontiff
 Chap XX - Master of the Symbolic Lodge
 Chap XXI - Noachite or Prussian Knight
 Chap XXII - Knight of the Royal Axe
 Chap XXIII - Chief of the Tabernacle
 Chap XXIV - Prince of the Tabernacle
 Chap XXV - Knight of the Brazen Serpent
 Chap XXVI - Prince of Mercy
 Chap XXVII - Knight Commander of the Temple
 Chap XXVIII - Knight of the Sun or Prince Adept
 Chap XXIX - Scottish Knight of St. Andrew
 Chap XXX - Knight Kadosh
 Chap XXXI - Inspector Inquistor
 Chap XXXII - Master of the Royal Secret

And let me reiterate that I'm aware of very good and well meaning people in Freemasonry who really don't get into the various ceremonies and what is behind them and neither do they go after the darker aspects of the craft.  For most it's sort of a good ole' boys club where they do some good works and just have a good time.  But there is more to it that meets the eye.

God bless!!

soberxp

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 08:58:38 PM »

I was told that freemasons are a brotherhood by the guy i work with. He is a master mason. The only reason i was considering it was because i wanted to know the truth behind their symbols and not the brotherhood. I guess thats dangerous to join an insitution just to find out how it works.

Most masons are pretty great people overall.  Any many never go above the third degree and for most it never goes beyond the fraternal aspects.  However like all secret societies there is a veneer of respectability outwardly (and they do some very good works) but the top of the hierarchy is very dark indeed.  There are 32 degrees that can be earned but the 33rd degree is/can be awarded only by the leaders of masonry if they like what they see out of you.  I did a lot of study on them in years past as I had done service work in a state lodge and I was curious about many of the things I saw....the pitchforks, spears and costumes for example that they use in exemplifying the degrees.  One of the founding fathers of freemasonry was Albert Pike and he wrote quite a book called Morals and Dogma and this is pretty much the textbook for the Scottish Rite, and I have that book.  (If you go on past the third degree one can go through either the Scottish Rite or the York Rite)  I'll just leave you with the names of the various degrees that can be earned and see if there is anything further down the list that resonates in your spirit.

Chap I - Apprentice
 Chap II - Fellow-craft
 Chap III - Master
 Chap IV - Secret Master
 Chap V - Perfect Master
 Chap VI - Intimate Secretary
 Chap VII - Provost and Judge
 Chap VIII - Intendant of the Building
 Chap IX - Elu of the Nine
 Chap X - Elu of the Fifteen
 Chap XI - Elu of the Twelve
 Chap XII - Master Architect
 Chap XIII - Royal Arch of Solomon
 Chap XIV - Perfect Elu
 Chap XV - Knight of the East
 Chap XVI - Prince of Jerusalem
 Chap XVII - Knight of the East and West
 Chap XVIII - Knight Rose Croix
 Chap XIX - Pontiff
 Chap XX - Master of the Symbolic Lodge
 Chap XXI - Noachite or Prussian Knight
 Chap XXII - Knight of the Royal Axe
 Chap XXIII - Chief of the Tabernacle
 Chap XXIV - Prince of the Tabernacle
 Chap XXV - Knight of the Brazen Serpent
 Chap XXVI - Prince of Mercy
 Chap XXVII - Knight Commander of the Temple
 Chap XXVIII - Knight of the Sun or Prince Adept
 Chap XXIX - Scottish Knight of St. Andrew
 Chap XXX - Knight Kadosh
 Chap XXXI - Inspector Inquistor
 Chap XXXII - Master of the Royal Secret

And let me reiterate that I'm aware of very good and well meaning people in Freemasonry who really don't get into the various ceremonies and what is behind them and neither do they go after the darker aspects of the craft.  For most it's sort of a good ole' boys club where they do some good works and just have a good time.  But there is more to it that meets the eye.

God bless!!

I agree with you.

1 Cor 13:4-8  Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered. It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. Love never fails! [CEV]

Mat 10:16  Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 11:32:35 PM »

dre91

For my personal experience with the Mason's youth group please check your personal messges.

Sincerely, indiana bob

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 02:07:44 PM »

Free masons are not free, and they're not masons. Think about that for a moment.
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 23 queries.