bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thorn in the flesh  (Read 7033 times)

claypot

Thorn in the flesh
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:30:01 AM »

Ray wrote this in an email to someone.......

But Paul has one big request of Jesus:  he desires that
Jesus remove what he called "a thorn in the flesh" (see my paper on what that thorn was), which was a great
trouble and aggravation to Paul.

Does anyone know where Rays paper is on this? I looked and just can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

cp

Marky Mark

Re: Thorn in the flesh
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 11:11:54 AM »

claypot

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 11:36:03 AM »

Thanks Mark. How'd you find this? Is there a search on the main site?

cp

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:10:17 PM »

Hello claypot. If I can not remember by memory where a topic is located, I then use the search function here.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5460.0.html

Peace...Mark

margo

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 06:02:58 PM »

Thank you Mark for your reply on Ray's splinter in the flesh.  I did read it, and it is all right there in the word, if we would just pay attention to all the words.  But then again, the Spirit has to show us. I have heard so many differant takes on this, and also myself have read it so many times, but it is all in HIS time.  Amen

Blessings,
Margo

longhorn

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »

My bad....... I thought this thread was about my ex-wife.

Longhorn

Ninny

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »

Bad boy, Longhorn....bad! Go to your room! Can you not be serious...for 1 post?  >:(
Kathy ;)

dave

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 11:02:42 PM »

I am given to believe that Pauls thorn in the flesh came from a continuious rush and swell of pelting words tossed at him by that messenger of the adversary telling him to take credit for the greatness and depth of the revelations he recieved from the Holy Spirit. Paul being as human, as those he was given to minister to and teach, without the strength of the Holy Spirit, Paul could have, no would have, succumbed to that treachery and begin to take credit for his words and teaching. But because of his faith in that "bright light" on the Damascus road, even though Pauls physical body was weak from fighting the temptations, he took it the Lord in prayer and his answer ... 2Co 12:9 And he hath said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Paul new that his spiritual body, that new creature, where the indwelling of the mind of Christ grew, Paul stayed with the Spirit's answer... Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I that live, but Christ living in me: and that life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith which is in the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself up for me.
Peace and Love Through Jesus

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »

I am given to believe that Pauls thorn in the flesh came from a continuious rush and swell of pelting words tossed at him by that messenger of the adversary telling him to take credit for the greatness and depth of the revelations he recieved from the Holy Spirit. Paul being as human, as those he was given to minister to and teach, without the strength of the Holy Spirit, Paul could have, no would have, succumbed to that treachery and begin to take credit for his words and teaching.

I know you began this by saying this is 'what you believe', but regardless, this is heresy.

I'm pretty sure you have read Ray's paper on 'Paul's Splinter in the Flesh' so you already know this does not line up with the scriptures Ray presents in that study.

Marques

dave

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 09:44:04 AM »

Ive read the paper and it is good, I agree. No dissent meant in what I believe.

ez2u

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 01:20:04 AM »

It is amazing  how we as humans need to know something that we can't  human curiosity.  no ne knows  what was the thorn in the flesh  that is truth

Marky Mark

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 11:33:44 AM »

It is amazing  how we as humans need to know something that we can't  human curiosity.  no ne knows  what was the thorn in the flesh  that is truth

Hello Peggy,hope this can be of some assistance in defining the Truth.

http://bible-truths.com/splinter.html

Peace...Mark

margo

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »

This is one I need to read over and over.  It is hard out there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.