bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suffering And Hardship  (Read 8179 times)

Pini56

Suffering And Hardship
« on: April 24, 2010, 04:00:34 AM »

Hi all,

I have noticed a lot of people have testimonies of suffering and hardship and I feel that this Psalm sums up what some people have been going through.

1    O Lord, God of my salvation,
I have cried out to you day and night.
2    Now hear my prayer;
listen to my cry.
3    For my life is full of troubles,
and death draws near.
4    I have been dismissed as one who is dead,
like a strong man with no strength left.
5    They have abandoned me to death,
and I am as good as dead.
I am forgotten,
cut off from your care.
6    You have thrust me down to the lowest pit,
into the darkest depths.
7    Your anger lies heavy on me;
wave after wave engulfs me.
8    You have caused my friends to loathe me;
you have sent them all away.
I am in a trap with no way of escape.
9    My eyes are blinded by my tears.
Each day I beg for your help, O Lord;
I lift my pleading hands to you for mercy.
10    Of what use to the dead are your miracles?
Do the dead get up and praise you?
11    Can those in the grave declare your unfailing love?
In the place of destruction, can they proclaim your faithfulness?
12    Can the darkness speak of your miracles?
Can anyone in the land of forgetfulness talk about your righteousness?
13    O Lord, I cry out to you.
I will keep on pleading day by day.
14    O Lord, why do you reject me?
Why do you turn your face away from me?
15    I have been sickly and close to death since my youth.
I stand helpless and desperate before your terrors.
16    Your fierce anger has overwhelmed me.
Your terrors have cut me off.
17    They swirl around me like floodwaters all day long.
They have encircled me completely.
18    You have taken away my companions and loved ones;
only darkness remains. Psalm 88. NLT.

This is the way I have felt many times in my life, maybe some of you have as well, I would like to know any that have and what promise of scripture has helped you get through these times, so we may all be encouraged in these difficult times we are all facing.

This is one of many Psalms that has helped me get through over the years.

1    I will praise you, Lord, for you have rescued me.
You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.
2    O Lord my God, I cried out to you for help,
and you restored my health.
3    You brought me up from the grave, O Lord.
You kept me from falling into the pit of death.
4    Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones!
Praise his holy name.
5    His anger lasts for a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime!
Weeping may go on all night,
but joy comes with the morning.
6    When I was prosperous I said,
“Nothing can stop me now!”
7    Your favor, O Lord, made me as secure as a mountain.
Then you turned away from me, and I was shattered.
8    I cried out to you, O Lord.
I begged the Lord for mercy, saying,
9    “What will you gain if I die,
if I sink down into the grave?
Can my dust praise you from the grave?
Can it tell the world of your faithfulness?
10    Hear me, Lord, and have mercy on me.
Help me, O Lord.”
11    You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.
You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,
12    that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever! Psalm 30. NLT.

I would like to hear from anybody that has something to share along these lines.

Peace to all. Regards, Geoff.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 07:03:32 AM by Geoff »

lauriellen

Re: Suffering And Hardship
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 07:01:25 AM »

Hi Geoff,
what beautiful scriptures you posted. yes, i have felt EXACTLY that way many times....it just seems like i look around and see so much sufferring. it is difficult for me to understand 'why' it has to be that way, but I know that it is all for a purpose.....Gods purpose that is far beyond my ability to understand most of the time. guess that is why 'faith' is said to be the 'hope' of what we can not see....=/   
this scripture is one that i personally cling to, and i had verse 4 engraved on my sons headstone:

Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of Heaven, saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God with men! And He will tabernacle with them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God.
Rev 21:4  And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. And death shall be no longer, nor mourning, nor outcry, nor will there be pain any more; for the first things passed away.

bless you,
lauriellen

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 07:16:14 AM »

Dear Geoff
Truly you have identified our trials and tribulations in called out compassion and issuing forth the encouragements so necessary to our endurance. Thank you.

I wrote this yesterday ahead of seeing your post this morning. I post it now in testimony that you are indeed discerning the spirit of trials and tribulations we are blessed to be enduring.

We are compassed about by dogs and wolves of avarice, intelligent contriving greed and malevolence. We are compassed about by sharks smelling the taste of our blood poured out by You my God. Our souls are in our blood spiritually shed and promising the feeding frenzy of sharing out our garment that is taken from us leaving us naked before Your eyes oh Mighty God. We are become a laughing stock, a tribute to avoidance and ridicule and the joke of scoffers who share in the gloating over the humility of the down trodden that revels over the prize of their gleeful vindications.  To them too shall You visit death upon them and they know it not. They believe they live forever and their joy is in their drunken glory over ill won victories that litter around them the defeat of souls and fortunes not covered by their dark deeds with their appointments of diplomatic immunity for the club who is in their ranks and files.

Lord we do not rank in their approval catalogues. Our humility and recognition of You is an enemy of their pride and lust.  Our journey has been fair and mild to bring fortune to others and prosperity to those who are robbed by the carefully appointed systems that disguise good for evil and evil for good. We stand condemned and declared guilty Oh Lord and my heart and soul faints under the darkness that You have caused to dwell upon the peoples in high places that govern and dwell upon earth to satiate their lusts with our blood and vindicate their thirst for satisfactions with our ruined lives. You God are my light and hope.

Job spoke to his “friends” and you confronted him. Hezekiah spoke with You and You blessed him but when he showed his good fortunes to his visitors, You caused him to lose all he had shown off yet remain in Peace and Truth the rest of his days. With this he was satisfied, yet with Job, you recompensed him his fortunes and say nothing of giving him Peace or Truth. In fact you say that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man, that Job became, to enter into your Kingdom.

So Hezekiah is your favorite? You spared his life and took away his wealth for he showed it off to his visitors and for the rest of his days he dwelled in peace and truth. Did Job have as much?

Now we have visitors that come and see our poverty of spirit and our defenselessness of soul. Will you transfer our destituteness to them who are drawn by the wealth they desire to obtain? What will you do dear God of my spirit, soul and flesh? Lord keep and reserve for us Peace and Truth please Lord. We are compassed about by the dogs of war and the gluttons of wrath as in the days of Herod and Caesar. Lord hear my cry. This is our agony. Lord You alone provide for our home and our peace in the night when we lay our heads down to rise again refreshed in Your Spirit and Your cause for us to be Your Children protected from the evil one as requested by Your Son my Lord dear God. Before Your Throne in gratitude of Your Spirit Lord that is thwarted by  non, before Your throne of Grace in an hour of need, suffering and thankfulness that You are Great, Powerful and Merciful.

Show then the greatness of Your Power and the extravagant elegance of Your Mercy Dear Father…..There are non like You. Cause us to come forth from the middle of Your fire. You are no other God who can cause this to happen.

Have You marked us Lord for since our birth we are scorned, rejected, ridiculed and taunted. Lord, for what Purpose but your Glory is our suffering. Praise to You for our endurance is of Your Long suffering made manifest in our souls burning for Your Mercy and Peace. For a great cause You displayed Your Power in Shadrach Meshach and Abednego. Yours oh Mighty Father is the Power and the Praise of Your Name above all Names Your Son Jesus Christ With Whom You Are One.

It is You Who Direct our steps Dear Father.

Arc
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 08:00:07 AM by Arcturus »

Pini56

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 01:52:41 PM »

Hi Lauriellen and Deborah,

Thank you for your Testimonies. Sometimes it's hard to explain our lives in testimony and what we have been through. Some people can easily, like you Deborah, who can explain in their own words what they have experienced in their walk with the Lord. I admire that. What I do most of the time, is show by the scriptures what kind of life I've had. In this post I will use my own words to show what I have been through. Believe me this will be brief.

To quickly tell you what has happened in my life, this is it: At the beginning of my walk I had everything, wine woman and song was my daily food. After five years of Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll, all of a sudden I lost everything, first the girlfriend, then the car, the new coach of the footy team told me to leave, then my job, the loss of my father which happened when I was younger also weighed me down at that time. Then to top it all off I had a Schizophrenic breakdown. I was in hospital for three and a half months. No one visited me in all that time, except my immediate family, not even the Paster of our church, my friends deserted me, I felt God had too. After I came out of hospital I had had enough. To get out of hospital, I basically had to deny the Lord, I wondered why they were keeping me in their. I had been telling the Doctor that the Lord had told me some things and I would always try and explain these things to him. When I had said maybe the Lord didn't speak to me, a day later they reduced my Medication, it made me see some light, but later I tried to explain again what the Lord was telling me. What a mistake, the Medication went up again. It depressed me, but I soon realised if I didn't mention the Lord at all, even though they questioned me about him, my Medication quickly came down and I was out of there within the next three weeks. I think the Doctors marvelled at my silence. For the next two or more years I was so depressed, I didn't want to see anybody, I laid in bed all day and all night, usually sleepless, sleeping rarely and only getting up for dinner. That was my lot.

For the next ten years I was in and out of work, in and out of Churches, in and out of friendships, on and off the Pension, in and out of hospital, in and out of debt. The struggle was to much to bear. I was living with some friends, I got ill and they kicked me out. I thourght I was going to be homeless, but my mother came to my rescue and allowed me to stay in her home. So I decided enough was enough and did not try to look for a job again and went on the Pension for good.

My mother brought home a little puppy one day and it was my constant companion for fifteen years, it used to be at the window when I came home, always to greet me, it would climb up my leg to get to my face and lick me. In those fifteen years I laid in bed a lot. Most of the time I would sit in my room and smoke, drink coffee and dream of riches. I was a very heavy smoker. At night I would go tenpin bowling and from this made many friends. I have actually bowled two 300 games. By the way I overcame the habit of smoking and gave it up. I used to smoke up to a hundred cigarettes a day. I had my first cigarette when I was seven years old. I've been off cigarettes for well over ten years now.

You might think that I forgot about God. No Way. I had been through so much with the Lord that I could not let go, he wouldn't let me. I remained faithful.

After my dog was put down, we had to, I was devastated. To me the dog showed more love to me than any human. But I also knew that God loved me very much because he afflicted me constantly throughout my life. It was a revelation, a knowing, even though it was tough.

Then the Lord told me to leave my mother's home and move in with this Christian older couple. The Lord set me down amongst the wolves. This couple had a church going in their home every friday night. They had constant prayer going, speaking in tongues, deliverance from demons, healing's, singing songs, they had the lot. Then they decided to take control and become a real church and start collecting tithes. They required that everyone living their had to attend this church or they would be booted out. I got booted out. I had nowhere to go, again I thourght I was going to be homeless. The Lord has always rescued me, a friend who was part of this group took me in and had built for me a large room at the back of his double garage. I lived their for seven years. The double garage soon became a two bedroom unit and another friend moved in with me.

This friend and I became very close and we attended this small church in the hills and met many good people. I went to the Pastors Cell group. We became very friendly and played golf together as well as tenpin bowling. I became prominent in the church.  I would go to the prayer meeting before church, I would read from the Psalms and the Prophets in church every morning and do intercessory prayer mid week. My joy was full. Little did I realise that I was building my house on sand.

I eventually I went off my Medication at this time because I was feeling really well and thourght I may have been healed but the Lord had other ideas. One night I didn't sleep at all and was talking to the Lord the whole night. He said Geoff, amongst telling me a lot of other things, are you willing to go into hospital for me. I said yes. Well that week I did, some things happened and they took me to hospital. The first night I was in their I slept like a baby. I did exactly what they said and took the Medication. I preached the Gospel. Many were called by the Lord in those two and half weeks I was their. Its funny but the Doctor and nurses thourght I was normal. I heard some of them wondering why I was their. They felt there was nothing wrong with me. But thats not the point. Again no one visited me from the church not even the Paster, although he rang me. My dear old mum was the only one who visited me, except my friend who brought in my clothes at my request. The Pastor told me later that it was too hard for him, he asked me to forgive him, which I did. My mother eventually died, only recently, God rest her soul. The one thing my mother said to me that always stayed with me. I asked her once why she didn't go to church anymore, she replied I would rather walk the green hills of a golf course than go to church. Amen to that if you know what I mean.

Well when I came out I felt great humiliation and going to church felt uncomfortable. Even though the Lord asked me to go into hospital for the purpose of preaching the Gospel, I believe this, I became very depressed and wanted to die. I thought the church was something wonderful, that idol was totally crushed. I got desperate, so I typed hell into google one night and low and behold Ray's website. What a revelation, what a blessing, all my questions and much more answered, I lost my faith that night but gained real faith, the faith of the Lord Jesus a faith born from deep suffering and endless sleepless nights. In tears all night some nights crying out to the Lord. It still goes on but now I have a sure foundation and the distress is a little bit easier. I would not wish this upon anybody. Being in a psychiatric ward of a public hospital is a very dark place and there are a lot of very sick people in there. A lot of Christians too I might add.

I now live on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia. I am almost 2000 Kilometres away from where I used to live in Melbourne Victoria Australia. I am alone and live in a one room apartment (Sizeable room) which is self contained. All my family live in Victoria and I moved to Queensland at the direction of the Lord. I have never been married nor have the desire to. I have no kids. I have failed in almost everything I Have tried, the world would call me a loser and it doesn't bother me in the slightest because I know where I've been and where I'm going to. I have a couple of close friends and I tenpin bowl for relaxation. Tenpin Bowling is my outlet, it is something I am very good at and the Lord uses me to spread the Gospel and to be a light in these places. This forum is the only place I fellowship. Everywhere I go I try to set an example of Godly living. Its tough but it will be worth it in the end. I just look forward to and hope that the Lord will say to me one day, on that day, "well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into my rest".

Yours in Christ. Regards, Geoff.

P.S. This testimony has only touched the surface.            
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 11:57:39 PM by Geoff »

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 06:06:23 PM »

Very humbling testimony Geoff. It is very hard to share your experiences and suffering with others. I suffered depression and wasted 10 years of my life.
I had a wonderful Husband who stayed with me and never once hurt me with things he could have said to me.

All, I can say is that suffering and hardship and my health has always kept me close to God.

I wanted a child and never had one. Thank God this did not matter so much to my Husband. Now, I realize those 10 years were not wasted. It was during that time that all I could do was talk to God and what a healing he gave me. My Husband and I both have been put through things that would have broken up most relationships. I know, God held us together.

Seems most of my life was hardships of some sort and still goes on. Not, saying there have not been any good times. I can still count my blessings. They are many.

It never ceases to amaze me how God can take something bad and turn it into good.

God knows how to keep us close to him.

Thanks for sharing some of your story. It is a blessing to me. It increases my faith to hear what others have gone through and God has been with them through it all.
In His Love,
Marlene

soberxp

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 07:47:18 PM »

Mat 19:21  Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven;

Spiritually speaking, if we sell  (ie;acknowledge His Truths to others)  what has have been given to us concerning the Truths of the Spirit to those who are poor in His truths,we then will become more like Jesus the Christ who is that perfect treasure in heaven.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never thought that try to tell my story in my Country, it's so hard to go into such action,cuz NOW most of the chinese people do Money worship,they don't care about Faith n what's true Faith(i.e:bible,word of god).

from what I know,I thought if I tell my story in other Country,even had a much better effect.I try and got far,doesn't size up to my expectations.

I do not know what to do now,cuz why only I can see that Scene,as we know china has 1.3 billion people on the surface,and there is no one else has seen that Scene.I said all of this,cuz I know some of folks will thought why only you saw that Scene? or what I've seen,is it motion picture special effects?(LOL!if I can do that,I should say I would go and bang my head the Hollywood.)

I really don't want to be famous,I only want to tell the truth,I am just a common man,I never feel that I'm Special than anyone,even I have seen Something special,but we need! anyone on the surface needs!!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 08:21:17 PM by soberxp »

lauriellen

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 01:22:37 PM »

geoff,
your testimony is very touching...i am sorry you have sufferred so much, but i know that although you have lost everything in this world, you have gained much in Gods kingdom....i strongly believe God purposefully keeps us so uncomfortable in this 'world' so that we will keep our minds on Him and His kingdom, not physical/carnel things of this life.....i know from my own experience, that when things are going 'great' in the here-and-know, my heart is far from God and i am busy living the 'good-life'....i feel terrible that this is how it is, but it has just been true for me...i have come to see the trials that come and go in my life now as a comfort of sorts, as i know it will keep me close to my God.....like Paul says, everything else is just dung, God is all that matters....=)

jingle52

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 02:31:35 PM »

Hi Geof,
I’m overwhelmed by the suffering and loneliness depicted in your testimony and would like to thank you for sharing such an intimate confession with us here on this forum. I cannot even begin to understand what it must have been like for you. It humbles one to think that, what one is going through, is because our maker and creator has ordained it that way, and that His chastisements only brings us closer to him and in this walk of life, you Geof, are finding the answers you have been searching for and can now understand God’s word in a different perspective, thanks to Ray’s teachings. This walk was necessary to give you peace and accepting God’s will for you. Thank you once again for sharing such suffering, and oh, I also love reading the Psalms.
Blessings!

Hello Marlene,
Thank you for your testimony too, God has surely blessed you with such a loving and considerate husband! Rejoice in His Mercy. Marlene, I think we should all share our suffering and our weaknesses here on this forum, I think it helps us stay humble and focused on God’s will, don’t you?
Blessings!

Hello Arc,
What profound feelings you are expressing and I can relate to the crying out from your heart to our God Father and creator for all His Mercy, Love and also His reasons (and acceptance) for putting much evil in our pathways (we all have to go through some experience with evil/problems in different ways and in different doses, some often and others only occasionally), the knowledge that we can do nothing without Him, the knowledge that we are nothing without His Love and Mercy, makes us humble and desirous to live according to His ways.
I am very much aware of the dangers that you and your family face every moment of each day…. The choices that one has to make to stay alive and to live respecting others with peace and dignity in your heart. Two of my nieces were burgled and raped some years ago and they went through a traumatic experience, but God Almighty spared their lives, my sister was burgled and thankfully they were at work, but their home was vandalised, yet, our faith in God has not diminished. The every day trials and tribulations in our daily lives is how God tests us, when I had a serious fallout with my husband, which lasted seven years, I focused on a Gospel choir for my healing and our choir sang for different charitable events twice a month, the choir practice and friends that I made there was God’s way of having mercy on me to overcome my shock and coming to terms with what happened in my marriage. Yes, Marlene, there is a way He turns something bad into good.
I talk to God often (in my heart), asking His forgiveness, when, on my way to work I often cannot give a particular homeless person a euro for that day, yes, I will often have change, but then I think the dignity of that man will be offended if I can only give him the small change I happen to have in my pocket at that moment. God knows what my position is, He knows what is in my heart and I also thank him for giving me the health to go to work that day….
Coming home at night, I often look up to the sky and see the twinkling star patterns and the moon hanging there, and Bless His Holy name for the mighty and excellent works in the skies above me. Sitting in my daughter’s room and using her laptop, I can see the sun on it’s way to setting in the west over the rooftops, hanging like an orangey red ball in the sky, yes (I think), that is His creation for giving us light, warmth and energy, for making everything grow… Oh, the Lord is Great and Powerful in His Love and Mercy.. this balances out some of the evil in the world around us. Am I making sense? I love to acknowledge the smallness of men and the Greatness of our Creator. We have a lot to be thankful for, yes? Go in peace my sister in Christ.
Blessings!

Roy Coates

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 10:06:09 PM »

every day I am reminded of the irreversible damage I have done to myself, others, credit damage and shame to my family. Very humbling. I do my best to count today's struggles has blessings. Knowing that God is in control I find comfort. It is still hard.

Thanks Geoff for your timely post

Pini56

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 07:30:56 AM »

Hi all,

That Testimony took me nearly seven hours to write. I wonder how Ray does it for so long at one time. When I had finished I was so stiff and sore. But anyway thank you to all those who responded:

Lauriellen: I'm sorry to hear about your son. But those Scriptures you posted must have comforted you a little bit by putting one of them on your Son's headstone, very comforting scripture for me also. And yes having Faith in things we can't see is to me what it's all about. I get very frustrated some day's and wonder what I should be doing. At the moment the Lord has got me in wait mode. So I listen to music, play computer games, go tenpin bowling, play cards with some friends, and go for long walks, all the time thinking I shouldn't be doing these things because I tend to forget the Lord. And when I study God's word for long periods I get very tired. I don't work you see and filling my day is hard. At the moment I mix all these things up. Not good I know but until the Lord gives me more direction I have to be patient and do the best I can. Thank you for your input.

Deborah: I can see your pain. Thank you for your insight. What you have said speaks for its self. That is sometimes what we need to go through to see the deeper truths of God. The Lord does direct our steps as you said, sometimes it seems very harsh this path we walk. But here is a scripture that has helped me, I hope it keeps you going as well:

30 For we know the one who said,
“I will take vengeance.
I will repay those who deserve it.”
He also said,
“The Lord will judge his own people.”*
31 It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
32 Don’t ever forget those early days when you first learned about Christ. Remember how you remained faithful even though it meant terrible suffering. 33 Sometimes you were exposed to public ridicule and were beaten, and sometimes you helped others who were suffering the same things. 34 You suffered along with those who were thrown into jail. When all you owned was taken from you, you accepted it with joy. You knew you had better things waiting for you in eternity.
35 Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.
37    “For in just a little while,
the Coming One will come and not delay.
38    And a righteous person will live by faith.
But I will have no pleasure in anyone who turns away.”*
39 But we are not like those who turn their backs on God and seal their fate. We have faith that assures our salvation. Hebrews 10: 30-39. NLT.

God love you Deborah.

Marlene: Your right, its in those darkest times that we call out to God. Its sad that most of the time this experience hardens people's heart towards God and they turn away from him. Its good to see that someone like your self has come through and has benefited so greatly from it. Your story has encouraged me.

Thank you and may God's Grace fill your heart.

Soberxp: Wonderful scriptures also. It must be terrible for you in china. Don't give up. Endurance will get you the prize in the end and that prize is Christ.

God bless you Soberxp.

Jingle52: Thank you for your kind words and yes this suffering has brought me closer and closer to God. I have asked the church many questions in my life and a lot of the time contradicting what I had read in scripture with their answers. I didn't go to church that often for that reason. There were other reasons also but I won't go into them. Its funny but when the Lord called me over 30 years ago, the only book I was really interested in was Revelation. It has taken a long road of hardship before the lord finally opened up that book to me using Ray's website. I recognise that Ray is a teacher who truly does teach the truths of God. And I thank the Lord for him. The light has truly been turned on. And yes I have left Babylon for good.

Thank you for commenting and may the light of God shine upon you also.

Roy Coats: The foremost reason that has kept me going is that I always believed that God is in control no matter what people were telling me and what state the world was in or for what state I was in for that matter. Thank you for reminding me.

God Bless You Roy Coats.

Hear is something to contemplate:

1 I am the one who has seen the afflictions that come from the rod of the Lord’s anger. 2 He has brought me into deep darkness, shutting out all light. 3 He has turned against me. Day and night his hand is heavy upon me.
4 He has made my skin and flesh grow old. He has broken my bones. 5 He has attacked me and surrounded me with anguish and distress. 6 He has buried me in a dark place, like a person long dead.
7 He has walled me in, and I cannot escape. He has bound me in heavy chains. 8 And though I cry and shout, he shuts out my prayers. 9 He has blocked my path with a high stone wall. He has twisted the road before me with many detours.
10 He hid like a bear or a lion, waiting to attack me. 11 He dragged me off the path and tore me with his claws, leaving me helpless and desolate. 12 He bent his bow and aimed it squarely at me.
13 He shot his arrows deep into my heart. 14 My own people laugh at me. All day long they sing their mocking songs. 15 He has filled me with bitterness. He has given me a cup of deep sorrow to drink.
16 He has made me grind my teeth on gravel. He has rolled me in the dust. 17 Peace has been stripped away, and I have forgotten what prosperity is. 18 I cry out, “My splendor is gone! Everything I had hoped for from the Lord is lost!”
19 The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words.* 20 I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. 21 Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: Lamentations 3: 1-21. NLT.

There is Hope. Continuing:

22 The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. 23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”
25 The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. 26 So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord. 27 And it is good for the young to submit to the yoke of his discipline.
28 Let them sit alone in silence beneath the Lord’s demands. 29 Let them lie face down in the dust; then at last there is hope for them. 30 Let them turn the other cheek to those who strike them. Let them accept the insults of their enemies.
31 For the Lord does not abandon anyone forever. 32 Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion according to the greatness of his unfailing love. 33 For he does not enjoy hurting people or causing them sorrow. Lamentations 3: 22-33. NLT.

Peace to all. Regards Geoff.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:41:38 AM by Geoff »

soberxp

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 08:23:56 AM »

tank you Geoff

you remind me  Lamentations 3:11-14  .When I was proud and talk to my friends my Family n Family's friends about my experience that I have seen Jesus,I got this Lamentations 3:14 My own people laugh at me.     :-\

They thought that I'm abnormal.I feel sorry n poor for them.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:27:12 AM by soberxp »

Pini56

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 12:37:08 PM »

Hi Soberxp,

This will encourage you:

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. 13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5: 11-16. KJV.

Let your Godly conduct and behaviour speak to them. But be prepared to give an answer when they ask you. Keep seeking the Truth. This is a good site to learn and grow in the knowledge of the Lord.

Peace to you. Regards Geoff
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:46:40 PM by Geoff »

soberxp

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 02:19:46 PM »

Mat 23:37  O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! 
Mat 23:38  Behold, your house is left unto you desolate. 
Mat 23:39  For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. 

Hi Soberxp,

This will encourage you:

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. 12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. 13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5: 11-16. KJV.

Let your Godly conduct and behaviour speak to them. But be prepared to give an answer when they ask you. Keep seeking the Truth. This is a good site to learn and grow in the knowledge of the Lord.

Peace to you. Regards Geoff

Geoff,Thank you for your encouragement!

I'll keep to Read the Scripture every day .thank you so much!

love to you.n Regards.

soberxp
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:16:03 PM by soberxp »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 02:53:55 AM »

35 Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you! 36 Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.  Hebrews 10: 35-36. NLT.

19 The thought of my suffering and homelessness is bitter beyond words.* 20 I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. 21 Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:

22 The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. 23 Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. 24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”

31 For the Lord does not abandon anyone forever. 32 Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion according to the greatness of his unfailing love. 33 For he does not enjoy hurting people or causing them sorrow. Lamentations 3: 19-24, 31-33. NLT.

thank you geoff for sharing some of your journey with us. i also wanted to thank you for posting all the Scriptures you have shared with us. i am especially grateful for the ones i have highlighted. my journey of late has been both harrowing and humbling at the same time. not unlike everyone else's. but unlike anywhere i have been before. He will sustain me/us.

All Praise and Glory are His.

claudia

Marlene

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 02:05:13 AM »

Geoff, I too what to thank you for those verses that Claudia highlighted. I am going through some tuff times right now. Seems things have been coming at me left and right lately. 

In His Love,
Marlene

Pini56

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 04:35:11 AM »

Hi to Claudia and Marlene,

It's a hard path we are on. But I would have it no other way. Here is a reminder of what the Lord promises to those who love him.....

1  The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. Psalm 23. KJV.

This is the one Psalm I keep close to my heart. It gives me a lift. I hope it does you too.

This is how it may get for a few. But even still, keep rejoicing for there is a promise.....

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, 18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. 19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains. Habakkuk 3:17-19.

And remember the Lord is aways with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you. Regards, Geoff.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:37:08 AM by Geoff »

Roy Martin

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 10:54:46 AM »

Hello Geoff,
 This might sound unusual, but I think you have a wonderful testimony.
We see and think we are down during these hardships, but God knows we are going up, moving forward, climbing up not down. We think we are sinking with nothing to hang on to, but God knows we are in shallow water. We are not falling, just learning how to walk.
 God is teaching so many things to us through these times. I have gone through much of what you have, if fact so many of these trials that lasted most of my life, even though I didn't know God through most of the years, however I can now look back and see He was there. The times were hard but I wouldn't want to go back and change a thing. I see now that it was all gain, tough gain, but none the less I do see and consider them as God doing a good work. I'm thankful for those times, and the ones yet to come.
 We live to die, die to live, crawl to walk, walk to run, and run to fly, and its all good in the eyes, and working of God in a wonderful way. A spiritual birthing in this life that we are passing through.
 Have a great day. I appreciate you.

Peace
Roy

« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:13:46 PM by Roy Martin »

dogcombat

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 04:37:40 PM »

Geoff,

I nodded along with the testimony you have shared with us.  As you now know, the Lord doesn't lead us down the path of least resistance.
Glad you are here.

Ches

judith collier

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2010, 03:16:22 AM »

Dear Geoff, you have suffered much. You are more than sufficient. You are led by God's Holy Spirit. Your testimony speaks volumes of God's faithfulness. Maybe with the world you could be called a loser but certainly not here.
I could appreciate the fact that one should never speak to a psychiatrist about God. It landed me another month in the funny farm. And it was in that funny farm where God was so present to me, it was like being electrified and on a different plain. Looking back I treasure those moments with Him. Judy

tinknocker

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2010, 04:30:35 AM »

We all seem to be going through many trials here when I was coming to my wits end I came across this which gave me hope so I thought I would share with you;
CLV
2Co 6:1 Now, working together, we are also entreating you not to receive the grace of God for naught."
2Co 6:2 For He is saying, "In a season acceptable I reply to you, And in a day of salvation I help you.Lo! Now is a most acceptable era! Lo! Now is a day of salvation!"
2Co 6:3 We are giving no one cause to stumble in anything, lest flaws be found with the service,
2Co 6:4 but in everything we are commending ourselves as servants of God, in much endurance, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
2Co 6:5 in blows, in jails, in turbulences, in toil, in vigils, in fasts,
2Co 6:6 in pureness, in knowledge, in patience, in kindness, in holy spirit, in love unfeigned,
2Co 6:7 in the word of truth, in the power of God, through the implements of righteousness of the right hand and of the left,
2Co 6:8 through glory and dishonor, through defamation and renown, as deceivers and true,
2Co 6:9 as unknown and recognized, as dying, and lo! we are living, as disciplined and not put to death,
2Co 6:10 as sorrowing, yet ever rejoicing, as poor, yet enriching many, as having nothing, and retaining all."
2Co 6:11 Our mouth is open toward you, Corinthians: Has your heart broadened?
2Co 6:12 Not distressed are you in us, yet you are distressed in your compassions."
2Co 6:13 Now, as a recompense in kind (as to children am I saying this), you also be broadened!"
2Co 6:14 Do not become diversely yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness? Or what communion has light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 Now what agreement has Christ with Belial? Or what part a believer with an unbeliever?
2Co 6:16 Now what concurrence has a temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God, according as God said, that I will be making My home and will be walking in them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people."
2Co 6:17 Wherefore, Come out of their midst and be severed, the Lord is saying. And touch not the unclean, and I will admit you,
2Co 6:18 and I will be a Father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me, says the Lord Almighty."

I don't post often but I'm here almost everyday to get my cup refilled - it's very lonely where we are.

So thank you all of you for your faithfulness

tinknocker
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.