bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick question about Jesus  (Read 5431 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Quick question about Jesus
« on: April 25, 2010, 10:33:29 PM »

Dear Nameless:  I will make a few COMMENTS....  in your email:

Hello Ray,

I don't understand how Jesus could have been a Jew when Mary was a virgin.

COMMENT:  Whether or not Mary was 'a virgin' has absolutely nothing to do with whether

Jesus was a Jew.  There are two genealogies in the Gospels:  [1] Matthew's account which

traces Jesus' LEGAL lineage (seeing that Joseph was legally Jesus' father).  Joseph was

not His biological father, but Joseph was a Jew.

You said: "Jesus Christ came from Israel's son, Judah."

COMMENT:  It is not a good practice to say that I said this or that, when it is clear that I am

teaching what I teach from the Bible, not from my own personal opinion.  Here is the correct

quotation from the Scriptures:  "For it is evident [Gk: 'plain before all men, obvious'] that our

Lord sprang out of Juda; of which Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood" (Heb. 7:14).

"The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, THE SON OF DAVID, the son of Abraham.  Abraham

begat begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat JUDAS [Jedah, the first JEW]...." (Matt. 1:1-2).

Wrong, Jesus Christ came from God The Father, and was conceived by the Holy Spirit [Of God] not some
Jew.

COMMENT:  No, Heb. 7:14 and Matt. 1:1-2, are not wrong.

So at the most, he was half-Jewish, if we count Mary as having been a Jewess.

COMMENT:  Why do you say "IF Mary is a Jew?"    Of course she's a Jew:

And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed)

[Gk: 'as to, or according to the LAW'] the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli, (Luke 3:23).

Which was the son of Aminadab, which was the son of Aram, which was the son of Esrom,

which was the son of Phares, which was the son of Juda, Which was the son of Jacob, which

was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham...." (Luke 3:33-34).

Unless of course you want to go ahead and call God The Father, and or the Holy Spirit "a Jew".

COMMENT:  That statement has no relevance whatsoever.

I will not go that route.

Also, Jesus specifically said that the Jews are of their father, the devil.

"The Pharisees  [Jesus is addressing 'the Pharisees,' not the whole Jewish race] therefore said unto

him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true" (John 8:13).

"As he spake these words, many believed on him. Then said Jesus to those Jews which

believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the

truth, and the truth shall make you free:"(John 8:30-32).

You [you PHARISEES] are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer

from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he

speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it" (John 8:44).

How right he was, as the Jews are the masters of deceit.

COMMENT:  Oh really?  So then I guess that Jesus Himself was a "master of deceit?"  And the twelve apostles (all Jews)

were "masters of deceit?"  Etc.

Well, take care.

COMMENT:  I think that maybe it is you who needs to better "take care" in your broad generalities and unscriptural

opinions.  I hope that my answers will be helpful to you.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.