bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unending?  (Read 5072 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Unending?
« on: April 25, 2010, 10:35:27 PM »

Ray said the word eternal or endless time is not found in the greek text yet the word unending is found there how does ray understand or explain this and could you please give me the information to explain to my pastor who speaks greek and hebrew
that this does not mean unending.I am confused about this Please give me an answer. Thank you !!!
George

Dear George:  When you say, "yet the word unending is found there," is that you making that conjecture or are you suggesting that I have said that the word "unending" is found in the Scriptures?   I don't recall ever saying that the word "unending is found" in the Greek text, so I assume it is you who are making the statement that "unending" IS found in the manuscripts.

What I have said is that there is no one word ('word'--singular) that means eternal or endless time, or that can be properly translated eternal or endless time. The King James words "eternal,"

"for ever and ever," "evermore," and "everlasting" have NO EQUIVOLANT in either the Hebrew or Greek manuscripts of the Holy Scriptures.

Here are two Scriptures that suggest something that does not ever end:

Psa 102:27 But thou art the same, and Thy years shall have no end  [Heb. 'no end' is from 'lo lo loh" meaning "no, not, neither," "tamam" meaning
to cease, end, fail, be all gone]."

Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end [Gk; 'ou' meaning 'absolute negative, no,
not, neither, nay']."

One time  in Scripture we find the phrase "an endless life" no enOnekdkdd

Heb 7:16,  "Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life." The phrase "endless life" comes from
two Greek words:  'akatalutos' which means 'indissoluble, permanent, endless," and  'zoa' which means  'life.'

See my paper entitled:  "Is EVERLASTING Scriptural" found near the top of our bible-truths home page.

God be with you,

Ray
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:38:19 PM by Craig »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.