bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rom 9:28  (Read 4369 times)

lauriellen

Rom 9:28
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:40:09 PM »

Rom 9:28  For He is bringing the matter to an end, and having been cut short "in righteousness," "because the Lord" "will do a thing cut short" "on the earth." Isa. 10:22, 23 clv

Rom 9:28  For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

you know how sometimes you have read a verse hundreds of times over your lifetime, and then one day you are reading it and it just JUMPS out at you? well, this happened to me concerning this verse. I don't understand it, but i know it has something in it that we need to understand.  Has Ray ever taught on this particular verse? if so, can you give me a link please? or does anyone else have some insight on this verse?
thanks,
lauriellen

mharrell08

Re: Rom 9:28
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 06:40:35 PM »

Rom 9:28  For He is bringing the matter to an end, and having been cut short "in righteousness," "because the Lord" "will do a thing cut short" "on the earth." Isa. 10:22, 23 clv

Rom 9:28  For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

you know how sometimes you have read a verse hundreds of times over your lifetime, and then one day you are reading it and it just JUMPS out at you? well, this happened to me concerning this verse. I don't understand it, but i know it has something in it that we need to understand.  Has Ray ever taught on this particular verse? if so, can you give me a link please? or does anyone else have some insight on this verse?
thanks,
lauriellen

Hello Lauriellen,

I did a search through the forum archives as well as the main site, and no, I could not find any reference from Ray on this verse. Paul does quote the scriptures you posted from the book of Isaiah.

Isa 10:20-23  And it shall come to pass in that day That the remnant of Israel, And such as have escaped of the house of Jacob, Will never again depend on him who defeated them, But will depend on the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth. The remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, To the Mighty God.

For though your people, O Israel, be as the sand of the sea, A remnant of them will return; The destruction decreed shall overflow with righteousness. For the Lord GOD of hosts Will make a determined end In the midst of all the land.

The phrase 'cut short' from Rom 9:29 is a match to the Hebrew word 'determined' from Isa 10:23. The word is 'charats' in the Hebrew and means to 'to cut, sharpen, decide, decree, determine, to be decisive'. It is used more as a figure of speech than to actually 'cut or maim' an individual throughout the OT....like to 'do quickly; without hesitation'.

The Lord tells us HE comes quickly (without hesitation) when He unveils Himself to us in fulfilling the symbols from Revelation:

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:12  Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Paul continues this point in the following verse in Romans 9, speaking why Lord Jesus comes quickly to us:

Rom 9:29  as Isaiah said before: “ Unless the LORD of Sabbath had left us a seed, We would have become like Sodom, And we would have been made like Gomorrah.”

Isa 1:9  Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

The Lord confirms this as well when speaking of the end of the age to His apostles:

Matt 24:21-22  For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Mark 13:20  Except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

We are the Elect, the small remnant...and if the Lord did not come to us quickly, we would be as Sodom & Gomorrah.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Rom 9:28
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:43:58 PM »

Hebrews 13:8," Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. "

Isaiah 53:8,"He was taken from prison and from judgement: and who shall declare his generation? for he was CUT OFF out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken."

Malachi 3:1," Behold I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall COME SUDDENLY to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

These scriptures we have searched out, show that Jesus Christ is truly, the same YESTERDAY, an TO DAY, and FOR EVER.

Peace
Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.