bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mithras  (Read 3839 times)

dre91

mithras
« on: April 29, 2010, 11:45:48 AM »

I found and article on  mithras and its influence on christianity. They claim it influenced christianity when it was 1st became a state religion in Rome. They also claim it influenced Paul's writings. I know emperor constantine made sunday the christian sabbath after his pagan belief of worshipping His sun god. I dont question pauls apostleship. I just wanted to know if anybody has any ideas about how paganism or mithras influenced christianity in rome and how it has influenced these institutions of man.

Marky Mark

Re: mithras
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:07:00 PM »

If you have not already, here is a good read on paganism.

http://bible-truths.com/lake16-C.html

Peace...Mark

Kat

Re: mithras
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:16:07 PM »

Hi dre91,

It is not surprising to me of the concept Christianity got many of it's practices from pagan customs and beliefs. It probably is true consistering how far the Christian church is from the truth. Tying Paul (the most prolific writer in the NT) into this would be understandable though, as a needed means to be convincing. There are many pagan practices that are kind of similar the the actual truth, so for people that are blind to the truth it was rather easy to just combine them and say it was the same. This is just part of the deception and delusions that the world is under at this time.

Rev 12:9  So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

2Th 2:9  The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,
v. 10  and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
v. 11  And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie,
v. 12  that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.