bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oil Spill in Gulf of Mexico  (Read 14173 times)

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: Oil Spill in Gulf of Mexico
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2010, 10:32:44 AM »

There are a lot of TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it) types issuing the most dire predictions of the death of the gulf and that the pressure in this well was so high it could never be capped types that will have to once again eat massive quantities of shoe leather over this.  There will be massive cleanup involved and for many of the fishermen and oil workers for them indeed it was an unmitigated disaster.  But as I'm still in the process of learning, man doesn't have the power to destroy the earth on purpose by his nuclear and/or biological weapons nor does he have the power to do so through a simple accident or malfeasance.  Truly the Most High God rules in the affairs of men and such earth shattering events don't happen until He says so and by the direction of His hand.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Oil Spill in Gulf of Mexico
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »

Hi
Did the media around the gulf remind their audience of the 1979 oil spill in the gulf caused by PEMEX, the nationalized oil company owned by the Mexican gov't?

It was 130 million gallons.  This disaster is 30 million gallons.  The 130 million were a big mess all the way into the next tourist season.  A hurricane came through and the stuff disappeared.

I see a lot of fear, not a lot of facts.

askseeknock

Charles

yes indeed charles.  i remember the '79 oil spill as i was living on the gulf coast of tx. in corpus christi. it was the big news of the day, and it was a massive spill. but, there weren't the number of national news media outlets in 1979 as there are today to churn out the non-stop reporting and fear mongering as we have in 2010. i agree completely with arion on his last post. God is in control of ALL that happens to this earth and its' inhabitants. Praise God for His wisdom, insight, and mercy.

claudia
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.