bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pillar of fire  (Read 4851 times)

gallenwalsh

Pillar of fire
« on: May 01, 2010, 07:43:30 PM »

Coming from the WWCG,does anyone out there still believe that we will literally be like our creator, that pillar of fire that followed the Isrealites, and be like very god himself ?It sounds almost silly to think of a man having that kind of power, actually kind of scary.I know HWA thought he WAS GOD, Gonna be worthy to be worshiped,mmmm, gonna create his own planet called armstrongville. 

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
Re: Pillar of fire
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 08:55:08 PM »

Yes someday we will literally be like our creator ... spiritual beings.

"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

Kat

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 10:38:49 AM »

Hi gallenwalsh,

John 14:9  Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, "Show us the Father'?

Jesus Christ is the image of the Father. I think to be made into the image of God is to be one with God, just as Jesus is one with the Father.

John 10:30  I and My Father are one.

John 17:22  And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one:

Jesus Christ did not operate on His on, doing things His way, no. He always does what the Father tells Him to do.

John 5:19  Then Jesus answered and said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner.

So it does not seem that a person in the first resurrection and brought into the image of God would just be turned loose with all kinds of power to use as they see fit any more than Jesus Christ was, no. We will be one with God as Jesus Christ is one with the Father and will be perfectly in tune with Him so as to do exactly as He wills. God through Jesus Christ will be working through all of the Elect with great power to do the work that needs to be done.

John 12:49-50  For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak. And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."

I'm not saying we will be robots, no more than Jesus was while He was on earth. But we will be 'like' Jesus - in His image and will 'know' the Father and serve Him perfectly, as Jesus Christ does.

Mat 11:27  All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

Php 4:13  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:23:49 PM »

Hi gallenwalsh.

Two different translations of the same Scripture passages hopefully will add to what Kat has shown.

2Co 5:14-21 (CEV)
14  We are ruled by Christ's love for us. We are certain that if one person died for everyone else, then all of us have died.

15  And Christ did die for all of us. He died so we would no longer live for ourselves, but for the one who died and was raised to life for us.
16  We are careful not to judge people by what they seem to be, though we once judged Christ in that way.

17  Anyone who belongs to Christ is a new person. The past is forgotten, and everything is new.
18  God has done it all! He sent Christ to make peace between himself and us, and he has given us the work of making peace between himself and others.

19  What we mean is that God was in Christ, offering peace and forgiveness to the people of this world. And he has given us the work of sharing his message about peace.

20  We were sent to speak for Christ, and God is begging you to listen to our message. We speak for Christ and sincerely ask you to make peace with God.
21  Christ never sinned! But God treated him as a sinner, so that Christ could make us acceptable to God.

2Co 5:14-21 (CLV)
14 For the love of Christ is constraining us, judging this, that, if One died for the sake of all, consequently all died."

15 And He died for the sake of all that those who are living should by no means still be living to themselves, but to the One dying and being roused for their sakes."

16 So that we, from now on, are acquainted with no one according to flesh. Yet even if we have known Christ according to flesh, nevertheless now we know Him so no longer."

17 So that, if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: the primitive passed by. Lo! there has come new!"

18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation."

20 For Christ, then, are we ambassadors, as of God entreating through us. We are beseeching for Christ's sake, "Be conciliated to God!"
21 For the One not knowing sin, He makes to be a sin offering for our sakes that we may be becoming God's righteousness in Him."

george :).

judith collier

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 01:56:36 AM »

Santification!  Deification! of course. judy

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 03:55:35 AM »

If true,
That may be why the training is so challenging so rigorous and eventually so rewarding.
Is anything impossible for God? Surely not!

Bob

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 09:16:17 AM »

As you say John, so well.

.... :)...and Dad will always be Greater... :)

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.