bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taken by force ?  (Read 3917 times)

gallenwalsh

Taken by force ?
« on: May 01, 2010, 06:07:05 PM »

I remember reading as young boy the statement in the old testament whereby after man was driven out of the garden the lord put a sword that turns every which way at the entrance to the garden so man could not return. However there was a statement that followed that I never believed, that says lest they return and take it by force. Obviously man cannot take anything from god by force , was that an incorrect translation.? Was that added?

Fester

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Yes a pancake!
Re: Taken by force ?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 08:47:10 PM »

Not sure which version or verse you are reading but I see nothing of taking anything by 'force' in the following verse or the verses around it.

KJV

Gen. 3:24

So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:59:08 PM by Fester »
"Christianity began as a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When it went to Athens, it became a philosophy. When it went to Rome, it became an organization. When it went to Europe, it became a culture. When it came to America, it became a business."

claypot

Re: Taken by force ?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:14:53 AM »

I thing gw is referring to Matt 11.12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by  force .

cp
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.