bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good for food  (Read 5807 times)

gallenwalsh

Good for food
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:30:52 PM »

In Genesis I believe it is, that God gave the man all the fruit bearing trees and herbs etc. to eat from nothing was mentioned regarding meat of any kind. I have thought about this for a while now is there any thing that negates the eating of animal flesh? I personally have been unable to find anything regarding that. Certainly the Israelites ate a bunch of meat and God fed them quail as well as manna.I just cannot help but think of the statement in the new testament regarding the lamb lying down with the loin and nothing shall hurt on Gods holy mountain.Am I mixing apples with oranges?

mharrell08

Re: Good for food
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 08:37:11 PM »

Am I mixing apples with oranges?

Yes  ;)

Kat

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 09:42:27 PM »

Hi gallenwalsh,

Here are a few Scriptures for you to consider.

1Co 10:23  "All things are lawful," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful," but not all things build up.
v. 24  Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.
v. 25  Eat whatever is sold in the meat market without raising any question on the ground of conscience.
v. 26  For "the earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof."
v. 27  If one of the unbelievers invites you to dinner and you are disposed to go, eat whatever is set before you without raising any question on the ground of conscience.

Rom 14:13  Then let us no more pass judgment on one another, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother.
v. 14  I know and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but it is unclean for any one who thinks it unclean.
v. 15  If your brother is being injured by what you eat, you are no longer walking in love. Do not let what you eat cause the ruin of one for whom Christ died.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »

Hi Gallenwalsh

Thank you for your thoughts and the opportunity to help you. :)

the statement in the new testament regarding the lamb lying down with the loin and nothing shall hurt on Gods holy mountain

It would be a fruitful exercise for you to practise checking what you say. There is no such statement in the New Testament regarding a lamb lying down with a lion. You are among students who are exhorted to pay attention to the words. :)

Isa 11:6  The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

The Isa 11:6 Scripture is prophetic and symbolic. It speaks of a time when “the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”

Just an observation, the Scripture speaks of “that day” not today.

nothing was mentioned regarding meat

Not so. :)

Gen 1:29  And God said, Behold! I have given you every herb seeding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree in which is the fruit of a tree seeding seed; to you it shall be for food.

Gen 1:30  AND (properly the whole, all ) to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the heavens, and to every creeper on the earth which has in it a living soul every green plant is FOR FOOD; and it was so.

Arc
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:54:56 AM by Arcturus »

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »

Greg, you did state one thing wrong.. God did not give the israelites Quail for manna.. He gave them the quail because they whined that the only thing they had to eat was manna..God sent them the Quail to satisfy their whining..I just thought I'd clear that up... You can read it there in Exodus 11...
Kathy ;)

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 01:20:10 PM »

Sorry that is Leviticus 11..
Kathy :)

well, here is a good example of someone who doesn't pay attention to ALL the words!!
You most certainly did NOT say that God gave them quail for manna! I am so sorry! YOU said "quail, as well as manna." ...shutting up... :-[    :-X  some days I should just stay in bed!! ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:22:57 PM by Ninny »

Marky Mark

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 01:31:48 PM »

Hello Deborah. :)

The Isa 11:6 Scripture is prophetic and symbolic. It speaks of a time when “the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”
That day is now.

Just an observation, the Scripture speaks of “that day” not today.

As the verse below state,our God is The never changing One.He does not change. Today we must hear what God has given us freely through His Spirit.To see with Spiritual eyes is a gift that words can not express thankfully enough. All is one.Yesterday,today,tomorrow. :)

Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and to-day--yes, and to the ages to come. 

Luk 4:21  And He began to say to them, Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your ears.
 Psa 95:7  For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand. Today if you will hear His voice,

Deu 19:9  if you will keep all these commandments which I command you today, to do them, to love Jehovah your God, and to walk always in His ways, then you shall add to yourself three more cities to these three,

Deu 20:3  and shall say to them, Hear, O, Israel, today you go up to battle against your enemies. Do not let your hearts faint, do not fear, and do not tremble, neither be terrified before their faces.

Deu 26:16  Today Jehovah your God has commanded you to do these statutes and judgments. You therefore shall keep and do them with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deu 26:17  You have today said that Jehovah is your God, and that you would walk in His ways, and keep His statutes and His commandments and His judgments, and listen to His voice.

Deu 26:18  And Jehovah has taken you today to be His peculiar people, as He has promised you, and to keep all His commandments,

Deu 27:10  You shall therefore obey the voice of Jehovah your God, and do His commandments and His statutes which I command you today.

Deu 28:1  And it will be, if you shall listen carefully to the voice of Jehovah your God, to observe and to do all His commandments which I command you today, Jehovah your God will set you on high above all nations of the earth.

Deu 28:13  And Jehovah shall make you the head, and not the tail. And you shall be always above, and you shall not be beneath, if you listen to the commandments of Jehovah your God, which I command you today, to observe and to do them.

Deu 29:4  Yet Jehovah has not given you a heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, until today.

Deu 29:13  that He may establish you today for a people to Himself, and that He may be a God to you, as He has said to you, and as He has sworn to your fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.

Act 26:29  And Paul said, I would pray to God, both in a little and in much, that not only you, but also all hearing me today to become as I also am, except for these bonds.

Heb 3:7  It is just as the Holy Spirit says, "If you hear God's voice today,
 Heb 3:8  don't be stubborn! Don't rebel like those people who were tested in the desert. 
 Heb 3:15  The Scriptures say, "If you hear his voice today, don't be stubborn like those who rebelled."
 Heb 4:7  Much later God told David to make the promise again, just as I have already said, "If you hear his voice today, don't be stubborn!"

Peace...Mark

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 04:03:28 PM »

In Genesis I believe it is, that God gave the man all the fruit bearing trees and herbs etc. to eat from nothing was mentioned regarding meat of any kind. I have thought about this for a while now is there any thing that negates the eating of animal flesh? I personally have been unable to find anything regarding that. Certainly the Israelites ate a bunch of meat and God fed them quail as well as manna.I just cannot help but think of the statement in the new testament regarding the lamb lying down with the loin and nothing shall hurt on Gods holy mountain.Am I mixing apples with oranges?

Hi GW,

You are most definetely mixing your metaphors.

Very well laid out Mark.

Heb 4:7-8 (CLV)
7 He is again specifying a certain day, "Today"-saying in David after so much time, according as has been declared before, "Today, if ever His voice you should be hearing, You should not be hardening your hearts."

8 For if Joshua causes them to stop, He would not have spoken concerning another day after these things."

george :).

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:09:10 PM by aqr »

G. Driggs

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 07:24:19 PM »

1Ti 4:1  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2  Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3  Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1Ti 4:4  For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
1Ti 4:5  For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
1Ti 4:6  If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
1Ti 4:7  But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
1Ti 4:8  For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
1Ti 4:9  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
1Ti 4:10  For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
1Ti 4:11  These things command and teach.

Rom 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Rom 14:18  For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Rom 14:19  Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Rom 14:20  For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
Rom 14:21  It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Rom 14:22  Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Rom 14:23  And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

G.Driggs

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 05:25:45 PM »

Hi gallenwalsh

is there any thing that negates the eating of animal flesh?

The Scriptures posted by Kat and the members here have best served to answer your question. That nothing is mentioned regarding flesh/meat as food in the Gen 1 : 29,30 does not exclude or contradict the Scriptures presented.

Arc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.