bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Man and wife union  (Read 4637 times)

gallenwalsh

Man and wife union
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »

I have read, (and please forgive me being unable to quote scripture) in the new testament on concerning marriage that a man and woman should live separately unto the lord but from time to time because of the sin and temptation in the world they can or should satisfy their sexual need and then return to the lord. What is the writer trying to say here ? I know that we shall eventually be married to Christ and he should come first in all things and that you cannot follow the lord if you put anything in front of that including your mate.Help me out  here , please.

mharrell08

Re: Man and wife union
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 09:34:52 PM »

I have read, (and please forgive me being unable to quote scripture) in the new testament on concerning marriage that a man and woman should live separately unto the lord but from time to time because of the sin and temptation in the world they can or should satisfy their sexual need and then return to the lord. What is the writer trying to say here ? I know that we shall eventually be married to Christ and he should come first in all things and that you cannot follow the lord if you put anything in front of that including your mate.Help me out  here , please.

Gallenwalsh,

The scriptures do not state that a husband & wife 'should' live separately. We should be careful when stating the Lord 'says' something if we can not substantiate it, that is how one stumbles into heresy.

Paul admonishes for both a husband & wife to give their spouse 'due benevolence' [1 Cor 7:3] to 'avoid fornication' [1 Cor 7:2], so this 'due benevolence' [Gk. 'good will'] is sexual in nature. He says, if both consent [1 Cor 7:5], then the husband and wife can abstain from sexual activity...but again, only if both consent. He then says that after this time apart (not living apart) they should continue giving one another 'due benevolence' to avoid Satan and his temptations [1 Cor 7:5]

Hope this helps,

Marques

P.S. I'm not sure how much time allows you Gallenwalsh, but you have to read & study the material on the site. So many of your questions are answered in Ray's teachings (with numerous scriptural references) that it would be well with you to make a concerted effort to read Ray's material.

gallenwalsh

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 09:40:35 PM »

When I said living apart or separately I did not mean that literally . The translation I was reading stated it that way but you actually confirmed what I was asking. Thank you ! Please do NOT ASSUME that I have not read anything, I read plenty off of this site as well.

mharrell08

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 09:48:41 PM »

When I said living apart or separately I did not mean that literally . The translation I was reading stated it that way but you actually confirmed what I was asking. Thank you ! Please do NOT ASSUME that I have not read anything, I read plenty off of this site as well.

I'm glad that it helped Gallenwalsh and I never said you did not read 'anything' from the site. But I don't believe it would be a far-fetched assumption that you have not read & studied the material on the site...based on your repetitive questions. While you may not think they are repetitive, since it is the first time you asked, most if not all of your questions have been answered numerous times in Ray's papers & email replies.

It would be beneficial to all involved if you take the time to familiarize yourself with the teaching of L.Ray Smith first.

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 17 queries.