bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the gap theory  (Read 5494 times)

dre91

the gap theory
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:50:17 PM »

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the gap theory? What are your thoughts on it?

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: the gap theory
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 12:25:44 AM »

I've heard of it.  I used to believe in it (as much as I believed in anything at the time).  For all I know, I "invented" it because I don't remember anybody 'teaching' it at the time.  I did not propogate it, however, because I never bothered anybody else with it.   :D

Ray does seperate Gen. 1:1-2 from vs 3 forward.  But he doesn't (as Gap Theory does--if I understand it right) go on to say that the 'days' of Gen 1:3 forward are literal 24 hour hour days.  All the verses of early Genesis cover large periods of time.  His explanation is scripturally and scientifically consistent.  I find it to be Spiritually uplifting as well as it glorifies God.

All this is in the Nasvhille '08 Conference materials. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

jeetkunejimi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 05:57:36 PM »

Hi dre91,
                'Gap Theory' is just another false doctrine that's unscriptural. An attempt by Orhtodoxy to appease evolutionary science. Nor did Satan reign on earth for an age laying waste the surface of the earth and creating all sorts of things like dinosaurs,lol.

It's a crock theory, thast's all you need to know dude.

God bless.
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

soberxp

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 12:42:39 AM »

::)  just my guess,Whether God created the universe looks like experienced for a long time? I wonder!sometimes THE answer very Simple ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 11:05:07 AM »

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of the gap theory? What are your thoughts on it?

Hi dre91

I was taught this gap theory under a title of a New Creation REALITY!! in Bible College.

The gap theory is a THEORY.

A theory is an assumed generalization of which the validity has to be proved.

A theory is a guess, assumption, speculation, supposition, conjecture, presumption.

The gap "thoeory" is a false unscriptural premise and hypothesis of mans imagination.

You will see that everything that God is doing is that He brings order out of chaos. The first thing that God does in chapter one verse one; “God created the heavens and the earth.”

Then in verse two the earth is in chaos. That’s the way that the Concordant translates it “chaos.”

Gen 1:2 Yet the earth became a chaos and vacant, and darkness was on the surface of the submerged chaos. Yet the spirit of the Elohim is vibrating over the surface of the water. (CLV)

(Notes)
But this is NOT a condition suitable for humanity:

Isa. 45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created [Heb: barah - bring a new thing into existence] the heavens; God himself that formed [Heb: yatsar - He ‘yatsar/formed humanity {Gen 2:8} and He yatsar/formed the earth to be inhabited] the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created [Heb: barah] it not in vain, [Heb: tohu--to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), that is, desert; figuratively a worthless thing; adverbially in vain: - confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness] he formed it to be inhabited: [‘to dwell, to inhabit’ Concordant: Gen. 1:2(CLV) Yet the earth became a CHAOS and vacant-uninhabited!], and darkness was on the surface of the submerged chaos. Yet the spirit of the Elohim is vibrating over the surface of the water].

It was submerged in water and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of “the submerged chaos,” the Concordant says.  Then He goes through these six cycles of producing something useful. So what is the solution to such uninhabitable, chaotic, DARKNESS?  This is amazing stuff: Which came first the chicken or the egg? Which came first, darkness or light?

Isa. 45:7 I form [Heb: yatsar - to mold into a form] the LIGHT, and create [Heb: barah - bring something new into existence] DARKNESS: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Now Gen. 1:3 “And God said, Let there be LIGHT: and there was [Heb: is becoming] light.” And the coming of “light” ushers in the six time periods for refashioning chaos into order, from (Gen. 1:2) tohu--to lie waste; a desolation (of surface), that is, desert; figuratively a worthless thing; adverbially in vain: - confusion, empty place, without form, nothing, (thing of) nought, vain, vanity, waste, wilderness.  To (Gen. 1:31 from Onkelos) “a unified ORDER.”

Does God give us any examples of just how chaos is turned into order? Yes (Gen. 2:11-12 --GOLD and Gems-- and later men have found diamonds. And did God “create/barah” these things in Genesis 1:1 or did “the earth bring them forth” (Gen. 1:11)? Gold and diamonds come from violent and chaotic eruptions of the earth’s surface -VOLCANOES!

The whole plan of human salvation is based on this process of going from “chaos to order.”  Read I Cor. 15:42-58.....Human chaos and tragedy to harmonious, spiritual VICTORY!!!

Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very good.

Onkelos, a famous Jewish Cabbalist translates “very good” to “it was a unified order“.F:\Mobile Conference 2009 - Define Six Days audios 3-4.mht

Notice: it was a UNIFIED order, not a separate or two part order with a gap in between.
Arc
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 11:15:07 AM by Arcturus »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.