bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Brain Teaser, Wednesday May 5th  (Read 18412 times)

Marky Mark

Re: Brain Teaser, Wednesday May 5th
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 04:14:18 PM »

Who was the king of all "the wise guys"?

soberxp

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 04:53:27 PM »

Who was the king of all "the wise guys"?

Gen 3:4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 

Vangie

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »

Solomon?

soberxp

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »

Solomon?

yeah,he is really smart,and all from god.meaningful

Marky Mark

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 05:07:51 PM »

Solomon?

Yes Vangie,the correct answer was King Solomon...

1Ki 3:12  Behold, I have done according to thy words: lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee.

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 07:36:20 PM »

1Ki 11:4  For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
1Ki 11:5  For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
1Ki 11:6  And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

1Co 13:1  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Arc

jassy

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 05:55:53 AM »

a cowboy rode into town on monday, stayed 3 days and 2 nights and left town on monday.

How is that possible?

soberxp

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 06:28:58 AM »

a cowboy rode into town on monday, stayed 3 days and 2 nights and left town on monday.

How is that possible?

a cowboy rode into town on monday(Spent four days
), stayed 3 days and 2 nights and left town on monday.

ericsteven

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 12:53:57 PM »

The horse's name is Monday....or whatever he rode on.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:57:46 PM by ericsteven »

Marky Mark

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 01:29:39 PM »

1Ki 11:4  For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
1Ki 11:5  For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
1Ki 11:6  And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.

1Co 13:1  Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Arc

I hear ya Deborah. :o

1Ki 3:28 And all Israel hear of the judgment that the king has judged, and fear because of the king, for they have seen that the wisdom of Elohim [is] in his heart, to do judgment.

I think that contrary to what our own perceptions are we can not be all knowing as God is in the ultimate definition of what the the word wisdom describes. In 1Kings 3;28 we can see that Gods decision to grant Solomon wisdom is in connection with judgement and not in the Truths of the Spirit. In the biblical sense of the word I think that Solomon was given wisdom in the form of information and knowledge and not in the Truths. After all, he did die in his carnal ways, himself waiting in sleep, for his own judgement by fire, in the Truths of the Spirit.

Peace...Mark

jassy

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 03:04:34 PM »

The horse's name is Monday....or whatever he rode on.

well done :)

judith collier

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 03:49:23 PM »

Mark, of course Solomon was a sinner. Obviously God knew beforehand and STIll gave Solomon the gift of Wisdom. How lucky we are to receive gifts even though we squander them and yet, there is hope for us. We suffer our consequences which is only right but God continues to love us knowing we are made from dust and a sin nature.
I do have a question. Isn't there a verse that states God doesn't deal with us according to our iniquitys???
Thanks, Judy

Marky Mark

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »

I do have a question. Isn't there a verse that states God doesn't deal with us according to our iniquitys???

Is this the verse Judy?

Psa 103:10  He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 05:18:16 PM »

Hi Mark

I have always enjoyed your contribution in the Forum. :)

I see your point.

Solomon had the wisdom of God yet the application to his own life was not given to him in accord to the Plan of God which is to admonish us.

Php 2:13  For it is God Himself whose power creates within you the desire to do His gracious will and also brings about the accomplishment of the desire.   8)

Solomon had the wisdom but not the accomplishment.

Arc

judith collier

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »

Mark and Arcturus, could you run that by me once more. I don't get it.
Thanks

soberxp

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 10:13:18 PM »

Mat 10:16  Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves.
1 Cor 13:4-8  Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered. It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do. Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil. Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting. Love never fails! [CEV]

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2010, 07:58:29 AM »

Hi Judy

1Ki 11:6  And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD,

How wise was that?

Sure he had wisdom and his wisdom was great, yet not enough to save him. Only the Spirit of Christ converts, saves and transforms us into His Image giving us the capacity, desire and accomplishment of obedience to Him. Ref Scriptures presented by soberxp  8)  

Without Christ and the Faith OF Christ, we can not be as sheep midst wolves or unselfish, supportive, loyal, hopeful, trusting and kind. We need the Spirit of Christ who's meat it is to obey the Will of God and that is pleasing to God the Father.

Arc
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 08:03:15 AM by Arcturus »

Marky Mark

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2010, 01:00:52 PM »

Well put Deborah.

Even though Solomon had been given much of God, he still was a man after his own carnal  lusts of the heart and not given the Truths of the Spirit. He may have been a worldly king,a king of treasures built upon earthly sands,but none the less, he will still go to the lake of fire to learn right from wrong,where real treasure will be found... That is to say,Christ Jesus.

Mar 8:36  What will you gain, if you own the whole world but destroy yourself?

Luk 9:24  If you want to save your life, you will destroy it. But if you give up your life for me, you will save it.

Mat 16:26  For what profit has a man, if he gets all the world with the loss of his life? or what will a man give in exchange for his life?

Peace...Mark

Roy Martin

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2010, 02:31:48 PM »

And I thought Moe was the wisest. Not the same page; oh! okay.

Roy

soberxp

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010, 02:45:00 PM »

Well put Deborah.

Even though Solomon had been given much of God, he still was a man after his own carnal  lusts of the heart and not given the Truths of the Spirit. He may have been a worldly king,a king of treasures built upon earthly sands,but none the less, he will still go to the lake of fire to learn right from wrong,where real treasure will be found... That is to say,Christ Jesus.

Mar 8:36  What will you gain, if you own the whole world but destroy yourself?

Luk 9:24  If you want to save your life, you will destroy it. But if you give up your life for me, you will save it.

Mat 16:26  For what profit has a man, if he gets all the world with the loss of his life? or what will a man give in exchange for his life?

Peace...Mark

ke.... ke.... Solomon ,if you own the whole world but destroy yourself in false faith.
ke.... ke.... Solomon ,If you want to save your life, you will destroy false faith in you. But if you give up your false faith for LORD, GOD, Christ Jesus,
ha....ha.....you will save yourself in faith.

don't get me wrong..................................just want to express
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:50:50 PM by soberxp »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.