bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to do battle  (Read 7240 times)

RRHinds

Time to do battle
« on: May 06, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »

Hi all

Well as you know I am a new bee to tis site, and up to now I have not posted much That is because I am still reading Ray´s papers on the lake of fire. Many of the truths I already now, but was not allowed to preach, because I was under the Churches authorities, but now that I have broken free from my shackles I can preach whatever I want. I am at the moment in the prcess of translating Ray´s works into Portuguese ( Oh sorry forgot to say that I am in Brazil and have been for the last 20 or so years) I was a Pastor at the four square church, which after all these years are still preaching the same messages of prosperity ( as long as you pay the tithes and give offerings to the church you will be blessed). Most of the sermons finish with the pastor asking for money. I have always known that the Tithes they teach was not Biblical and have been through many spiritual punch ups because of my beliefs. The Lord is leading me to speak out against these churches and thier teachings so I suppose persecution is on the way. I cannot keep silent any longer. I shared my belief of the tihes with a pastor just last month, he said that he agreed with me, but where would his wages come from. I said that he preaches about faith, but has none himself. No answer!

Pray for me as I will come up against strong opposition as we have many so called evangelical churches here in Brazil, around 40 million are confessed Christians and I believe that 99% have not heard the truths that Ray writes about.
God bless you all.
Roland.

Marky Mark

Re: Time to do battle
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 11:17:31 AM »

Hi all

Well as you know I am a new bee to tis site, and up to now I have not posted much That is because I am still reading Ray´s papers on the lake of fire. Many of the truths I already now, but was not allowed to preach, because I was under the Churches authorities, but now that I have broken free from my shackles I can preach whatever I want.
I am at the moment in the prcess of translating Ray´s works into Portuguese
( Oh sorry forgot to say that I am in Brazil and have been for the last 20 or so years) I was a Pastor at the four square church, which after all these years are still preaching the same messages of prosperity ( as long as you pay the tithes and give offerings to the church you will be blessed). Most of the sermons finish with the pastor asking for money. I have always known that the Tithes they teach was not Biblical and have been through many spiritual punch ups because of my beliefs. The Lord is leading me to speak out against these churches and thier teachings so I suppose persecution is on the way. I cannot keep silent any longer. I shared my belief of the tihes with a pastor just last month, he said that he agreed with me, but where would his wages come from. I said that he preaches about faith, but has none himself. No answer!

Pray for me as I will come up against strong opposition as we have many so called evangelical churches here in Brazil, around 40 million are confessed Christians and I believe that 99% have not heard the truths that Ray writes about.
God bless you all.
Roland.

Hello and welcome to the forums Roland,glad you have joined us in seeking the Truths of the Spirit.

Just a heads up on what Ray thinks of translating his work.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11547.0.html

Peace...Mark

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 11:30:41 AM »

Just a heads up on what Ray thinks of translating his work.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11547.0.html

Peace...Mark

Mark, this is a different scenario I believe. The person from this email had only been in his foreign country for a few years. Roland has been based in Brazil for over 20 years. I would give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of his ability to accurately translate Ray's papers.

Welcome to the forum, Roland.

Marques

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:49:07 AM »

Marques,thanks for the realignment on the email response from Ray.

Sorry for any conflict of interest towards you Roland. :)

Peace...Mark

Kat

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 12:57:57 PM »

Hi Roland,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
You really are in for a rough go of it going up against the evangelical churches in Brazil. I guess you are in a position right now to speak out with all of your connections still strong since you seem to have just removed yourself from membership and attending church. Yes you can be sure that you will come up against strong opposition, maybe not from your 'friends' initially, but even they will probably think you way off base and turn on you. You are threatening their way of life and livelyhood and with blinded eyes they will want to see you discredited.

Come here often you will need liked minded people to encourage you. May God bless you and give you strength as you do battle aganist this wicked generation.

Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[3] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Eph 6:13  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

daywalker

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:37:20 PM »

Hi all

Well as you know I am a new bee to tis site, and up to now I have not posted much That is because I am still reading Ray´s papers on the lake of fire. Many of the truths I already now, but was not allowed to preach, because I was under the Churches authorities, but now that I have broken free from my shackles I can preach whatever I want. I am at the moment in the prcess of translating Ray´s works into Portuguese ( Oh sorry forgot to say that I am in Brazil and have been for the last 20 or so years) I was a Pastor at the four square church, which after all these years are still preaching the same messages of prosperity ( as long as you pay the tithes and give offerings to the church you will be blessed). Most of the sermons finish with the pastor asking for money. I have always known that the Tithes they teach was not Biblical and have been through many spiritual punch ups because of my beliefs. The Lord is leading me to speak out against these churches and thier teachings so I suppose persecution is on the way. I cannot keep silent any longer. I shared my belief of the tihes with a pastor just last month, he said that he agreed with me, but where would his wages come from. I said that he preaches about faith, but has none himself. No answer!

God bless you all.
Roland.

Nice!  :D :D

Daywalker.

Roy Martin

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 10:17:28 AM »

Hi Roland,
As you know that when God leads us into battle, He will fight the battle, and be victorious.
Welcome to the forum Roland.

Peace
Roy

soberxp

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »

hi Roland.

Time to do battle,

I think there is only one battle.just my point.

Mat 23:39  For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. 

Linny

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 11:12:48 PM »

Hi Roland. This is just my opinion so take it as such.  ;)
Many of us have come into this new truth with readiness to take on the world only to be squashed and find ourselves very alone. I did my best to learn from other's mistakes and God had already been teaching me to keep my mouth shut BEFORE He led me out of Babylon and here to BT.

Having said that, it might be a really good idea to slow down, breathe deep, and study and read and really feel strong in all of this good stuff before you begin your new ministry. See if once you do this, it is truly God's leading and not your own excitement and "ministerial constitution" at work. (Yes, I just made up a new set of words. Forgive me as I am exhausted tonight.  ::) :-\ )

I don't wish to squash your enthusiasm. Just wanted to offer a work of caution.
Matt. 7:6
 "Never give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls before pigs. Otherwise, they will trample them with their feet and then turn around and attack you."

Blessings, Lin

Samson

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 12:00:20 PM »

Hi Roland. This is just my opinion so take it as such.  ;)
Many of us have come into this new truth with readiness to take on the world only to be squashed and find ourselves very alone. I did my best to learn from other's mistakes and God had already been teaching me to keep my mouth shut BEFORE He led me out of Babylon and here to BT.

Having said that, it might be a really good idea to slow down, breathe deep, and study and read and really feel strong in all of this good stuff before you begin your new ministry. See if once you do this, it is truly God's leading and not your own excitement and "ministerial constitution" at work. (Yes, I just made up a new set of words. Forgive me as I am exhausted tonight.  ::) :-\ )

I don't wish to squash your enthusiasm. Just wanted to offer a work of caution.
Matt. 7:6
 "Never give what is holy to dogs or throw your pearls before pigs. Otherwise, they will trample them with their feet and then turn around and attack you."

Blessings, Lin

Hi Roland,

The above Post by Linda speaks words of wisdom in my opinion(like butts, everyone has one). After formerly being a Jehovah's Witnesses for twenty years and occasionally attempting to persuade people to believe what I thought was "Truth" with rare success, I realized that they just were not interested and that we were overly pushy and intrusive. Keep in mind that I probably spoke to at least 10,000 people during those twenty years. I was aware of 1 Peter. 3:15, but I didn't really apply or understand it. Most of these people didn't ask for my input in the first place. I remember having a discussion with an individual, an associate Pastor, at a local Park regarding Universalism, this was approximately two years ago and He was asking many questions with much interest and He couldn't hear enough of it, We could have conversed for Hours, if time allowed. He had a Love for what he was hearing and the discussion radiated with a calmness in the air. That's how I knew that this Spiritual Discussion was mutually beneficial. No debating back and forth, trying to coerce one another, instead spiritually smooth sailing. Ray has a saying when trying to convince those that don't want to hear it: " He that is convinced against their Will, is of the same opinion still."

Kind Regards, Samson.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 10:24:16 AM by Samson »

ez2u

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 01:16:23 AM »

Roland  i don't reply much on the forum   just read  your post caught my eye it was very refreshing  thank you for your commitment to the truth.
You are in my prayers   peggy

tinknocker

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 04:03:50 PM »

Roland, my two cents. The battle is not on the outside it is within. The battle is in the spirit realm.

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

My personal experience has been; When God brings someone to you that He is opening their eyes and ears then there is no battle. Anything else just ends up in useless debating. You end wasting your breath.

The real battle is our spirit battling our own flesh. That is the battle that we must strive to win.

tinknocker

Linny - right on sister
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 04:13:35 PM by tinknocker »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.