bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No respect for a Name....  (Read 3682 times)

deftarchangel

No respect for a Name....
« on: May 07, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »

I read this article this morning, and kept thinking to myself "why was he allowed to change his name to that???"  I know there are other people in the world who have legally changed their name to "God" or something along those lines, and even in latin countries it's not uncommon to have "Jesus" as a first name.  But this was a bit much.  Maybe they (the lunatic and the gov't authority that granted the name change) were all waiting for a moment like this to happen just to get a laugh out of the headline.  But I found myself bothered by it.   

I don't know, maybe I'm just being overly sensitive. 

May 7, 2010

Lord Jesus Christ hit by car

By The Associated Press

NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (AP) — The victim might have forgiven the woman who ran him down in a Massachusetts crosswalk, but police haven’t.

Police say a Pittsfield woman has been cited for running down a man named Lord Jesus Christ as he crossed a street in Northampton on Tuesday.

The 50-year-old man is from Belchertown. Officers checked his ID and discovered that, indeed, his legal name is Lord Jesus Christ. He was taken to the hospital for treatment of minor facial injuries.

Police say 20-year-old Brittany Cantarella was cited for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.

???

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: No respect for a Name....
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:19:45 AM »

i find this disturbing too.  >:( ???

claudia

Beloved

Re: No respect for a Name....
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 08:43:50 PM »

(Jas 2:7)  Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?

You hit the nail on the head...give a fool what he asks...and wait

beloved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.