bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foreign Tongues Just a short explanation  (Read 4044 times)

RRHinds

Foreign Tongues Just a short explanation
« on: May 07, 2010, 04:11:37 PM »

Dear Brethren

it looks like I have put doubts in some peoples minds about God giving me Portuguese in 1983. I was also asked if I was teaching the truths from the Bible and not denominational teachings. Another person asked what I meant by being born again. I will not answer Biblicaly as I do not want to seem as If I were trying to teach.

Why did God give me Portuguese? At the house I went to God told me to read about the prodigal son. I spoke for a good 45 minutes. After I had finished there was a great deal of crying from the family whose house it was. The owner was actually a back slidden Christian and because it was me that God had used he believed that it was from God the message. He and his family returned to Christ that day and we all rejoiced.

Was I teaching the truth? I was a missionary with Y.W.A.M. I did not nor do they belong to any one church. They are an interdenominational mission. Church was never spoken about only God's word. I did not teach I merely commentated on the word what the Holy Spirit told me to say.

How was I born again in Christ? When some missionaries found me in Hyde Park London England. I was lost confused about life. An alcoholic suicidal wreck.

Four days after at one of the worship meetings Jesus spoke to me I could see him in a vision, he was holding his arms out to me. I looked down at my feet and all I saw was a gapping hole and if I took one more step I would have fallen into that hole. I turned to Jesus and ran into his arms. From that day on I was a new person, my old self had died and I was born again in Christ.
God Bless you all.

Roy Martin

Re: Foreign Tongues Just a short explanation
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 04:18:11 PM »

Dear Brethren

it looks like I have put doubts in some peoples minds about God giving me Portuguese in 1983. I was also asked if I was teaching the truths from the Bible and not denominational teachings. Another person asked what I meant by being born again. I will not answer Biblicaly as I do not want to seem as If I were trying to teach.

Why did God give me Portuguese? At the house I went to God told me to read about the prodigal son. I spoke for a good 45 minutes. After I had finished there was a great deal of crying from the family whose house it was. The owner was actually a back slidden Christian and because it was me that God had used he believed that it was from God the message. He and his family returned to Christ that day and we all rejoiced.

Was I teaching the truth? I was a missionary with Y.W.A.M. I did not nor do they belong to any one church. They are an interdenominational mission. Church was never spoken about only God's word. I did not teach I merely commentated on the word what the Holy Spirit told me to say.

How was I born again in Christ? When some missionaries found me in Hyde Park London England. I was lost confused about life. An alcoholic suicidal wreck.

Four days after at one of the worship meetings Jesus spoke to me I could see him in a vision, he was holding his arms out to me. I looked down at my feet and all I saw was a gapping hole and if I took one more step I would have fallen into that hole. I turned to Jesus and ran into his arms. From that day on I was a new person, my old self had died and I was born again in Christ.
God Bless you all.

I think that's absolutely beautiful.

Peace
Roy

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 05:54:26 PM »

Bless you RR.

For the record I was not directly questioning your testimony.  God does what He wills and when He wills.  I am but the dust of the earth.  I can also point back to the exact weekend over 25 years ago that I accepted the Lord Jesus as Savior and my life changed but it's only in the last few years that I learned that those experiences didn't mean that I was 'born again' (past tense) at that point and time.  I was certainly the called but I will know for sure that I am the chosen at the resurrection.  All of us have a lot of error to unlearn in God's timing and anyone (I believe) that has come to appreciate the truths that Ray has shared will give a hearty amen to that.  For a truth we shall know them by their fruits.  Once again a warm and hearty welcome to the forum and let God be God.  FWIW I came out of classical Pentecostalism and have learned that much of the 'gift of tongues' that folk are sure they have are not according to the scriptures and what God has taught us through Ray.  That is probably the reason why I am a little more careful than some about the sign gifts.

God bless and keep you always.

soberxp

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 06:22:53 PM »

hi RR

i've never been perfect, but neither have you,even we were born again in Christ,we've never been perfect. :-[

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »

Hello Roland i think your testimony is awesome it must be wonderful to experince something like that,
I came out of the Pentecostal Church and i also spoke in tounges but the tongues i spoke came from the teaching of man you know jibber-jabber-jabber-jibber it helped me fit in with the Manyin the Church and i never heard anyone that spoke in tounges that I could understand or never have i had anyone tell me they understood any of my jibber-jabber, but in your case i believe God can do these things and from what you say i believe God did do these things through you, also i was going to tell you about my attempts to share with others a disaster to say the least in the three years that God has opened my eyes to many of his wonderful thruths only one has believed, my wife, and i'm blessed by that as i've heard from others on the forum don't even have that, i understand now about the Few and the Many, of the many i have tried to reach only the few have seen(my Wife), but it seems God has more for you to do so i say God speed my Brother.

Terry
Terry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.