bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Report on nashville  (Read 4711 times)

Beloved

Report on nashville
« on: May 08, 2010, 06:18:59 PM »

As many of you may have heard there was a pretty good Flood here in the Middle Tennessee. Nashville and near by areas took the brunt.

I am sure that some thought the days of Noah were upon them. It rained 10 to 18 inches over two days with the land and lakes already in a near full state. The creeks streams and rivers breech-ed their limits. It was a continuous stream of thunderstorms, you had to have the lights on it was so dark in the daytime.

The flooding was worse in Nashville down town and suburbs>  I am 2 counties away. We had some roads and highway ramps overflowed here locally and mostly people who lived close to streams and creeks and rivers were inundated.

In Nashville there are many subdivisions under water over 2000 homes . The symphony the civic area, all of the riverfront businesses both  industrial and tourist types, Opry Land Hotel the Ole Opry and New Opry mall all took in the water, huge areas. The water system phone systems and electrical are maxed out.

The water caught people and that is where the 40 fatalities happened. The problem is that the planning commissions knew these areas were susceptible. . .

Most people do not know where the flood planes are or how they will effect them (blocking of exit roads. ......They do now.   Heck we even had several major Interstates under water. Did you see the video where traffic was backed up 5 miles and a school house floats pass them and crashes into a truck and falls apart on Interstate 24

The good thing is the people in Nashville pitched and helped each other. There was no significant looting or crimes. Most of the damage however occurred in the middle class area.  The problem comes now for the “little” people all over the region who do not have insurance and will find the government handouts lacking. There will be some people making lots of money. The scams will start.

I just got back from a money raiser for the homeless. We have a tent city here where some live and that is now condemned. They are getting things  but so far they have not found 2 acres to put them.  Hey how about some FEMA trailers? They were living in shanties etc. The clinic I work at, took the homeless clinic over so we are more aware of the needs of these people. 

They are of course having telethons and all of the country and rock singers are doing their things. One radio station made a comment about one teen age female singer who showed the world she was a woman by doing a pole dance and another teenage singer showed the world by giving $500,000 to relief.

Right now Davidson is water rationing (dinking and eating limited bathing etc). Imagine the flood mess and now not being able to wash it out for a week or two or three . They have no idea how long it will take. Most of the tourist places Orpryland thing) are saying it will take 4 to 6 months to reopen.

The weather has been beautiful since the flood. MY Air condition fizzled last night and I sufferred for the night  God in his mercy cooled the weather today and the repairman fixed it.  His mercy endureth forever.

The planet earth will continue to burp and shake and spew things out of her.   All of this made me understand that the things of this world are certainly transient. God is working all things for Good.

Beloved

Kat

Re: Report on nashville
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »

Hi Carol,

Good to hear from you. Thanks for the up date, that area is a mess right now. It's good to hear that you do not seemed to have been flooded, but even having to do without AC for one night is hard. It's good we are not in the worse of the heat of summer yet, but I know it is still hot for those working outside trying to clean up. I'm praying for those who have suffered loses and hope they recover quickly.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 07:04:23 PM »

My reference to the loss of AC was a minor thing. When I was younger there was very little A/C. Now that I am older the heat is more difficult. Since I do not sleep well to begin with, the heat just made it worse. I have to get rid of some of this body insulation.

Boy it seems that the whole globe needs prayers.  We need to be aware that God presents each of us with opportunities to work in His will.  I am fascinated right now with seeing how these events play out.

Watching the wickedness of mankind is heart wrenching the only thing that we can rest on is the promise that all will work out.  It is wonderful to see the good come out of these things also. As a slave of Christ we can only be the hands and feet and messangers of the Father. I have to stop my mind chattering to hear that small still voice sometimes. 

The only 'stupid thing' that I did in the storm was to go out in the middle of thunderstorm and stood in a couple inches water and pulled a plug on my pump and reverse flow to keep my pond from overflowing and then did it again to restart it.   

Beloved

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 07:59:35 PM »

Carol, thank you for updating! For sure the world is groaning.. The anguish and fear are almost palpable, if not for knowing that God is in control we could easily lose our direction! Thank God everything is safe in His hands!!
Kathy :)

gmik

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:24:51 PM »

Amen.

Kathy, The earth has been "groaning" for eons.  But it is tough when it is us.

I am glad to hear of your report Carol and I am w/ you--I need to get rid of some of my body insulation.  LOL

during Easter week we stopped at Goodletsburg(?) exit and ate at the taco place by the motel for the conference.  I had dreamed about it for 2 years it was so good.  Yuck....it was just average.  Must have been the conference and wonderful people that made it so memorable!

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 04:16:47 AM »

Oddly, I know more about what's happening there from this thread than I do from media.  West and Middle Tennessee are like Judea and Samaria to each other.  East Tennessee might as well be another country. 

We had a few covered roads and some low-lying houses flooded, but nowhere near the volume Davidson County got.  I think areas around Memphis had it worse than the immediate area.  It was a strange couple of days of weather.  Not one long storm, but many short, very heavy, storms--often with daylight in-between. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Linny

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »

Here in KY where the waters are still way up, we are expecting more rain this week and I don't know how the farmers will be able to plant their crops. It is very sad.

darren

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:47:41 PM »

Hi Carole, This disaster in Tenn. is something that I can relate to on a personal level. My heart and prayers go out to everybody effected by this disasters. I pray the Gov.(FEMA) respones much faster than they did when I need them. The need for water,food and shelter is now and not later. God bless the good people of Tenn.

Darren

Roy Coates

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 02:02:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.