bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mediums  (Read 11535 times)

Billy Bob White

Re: Mediums
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 10:56:25 PM »

One other thing:

Luke 14:11  For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

BBW          It's all for Jesus

daywalker

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 11:43:20 PM »

BBW: " There are people in other countries that don't have dictionaries and can barely (if at all) speak English.  Why should we make it more complicated than it is? "

Funny you should say this... because if you take the time to check out Arc's profile, you'd notice she hails from SOUTH AFRICA!

BBW: "You don't have to go easy on me 'cause I was back reading this sight when there were some real people of wisdom posting." 

I've met a few of them 'real people of wisdom' here too, and most of them are gone as quickly as they came. They're usually pretty easy to spot, and Arc isn't one of them. If you spend some time reading her other posts, you'll see this for yourself. She wasn't being cute or lofty. I understood what she meant right away, and I will go on record saying I'm no "smarty-pants".  ;)

Just admit you misunderstood and give your sister a 'hug'... Peace.

Daywalker  8)

Hi, Day

You don't have to go easy on me 'cause I was back reading this sight when there were some real people of wisdom posting.  You may think that it is cute that Arc puts these big words in her posts that most people don't understand and 75% don't have a dictionary to back it up.  I don't think it's all that cute.

John from Kentucky, the last time I posted you called me a liar and I didn't respond because at that time I felt that you didn't know any better but now that you've stuck your foot in this pool of water I thought that I would let you know that who you really called a liar was God because I gave you scripture to back up everything I said.  Next time, go back and read ECC before you jump in.

Hey, Markey, did you know what she was saying when you first read it?  Did you honestly know what that big word was?  There are people in other countries that don't have dictionaries and can barely (if at all) speak English.  Why should we make it more complicated than it is?   God and Jesus (one and the same) are so simplistic, everyone is trying to make it more complicated than it is.  Why can't we make it so the everyday man can understand what we're talking about?

Hey, I love y'ans all in the spirit of Jesus Christ

BBW

aqrinc

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 12:03:43 AM »

A word to the wise brothers and sisters, if we have any disputes take them offline or in pm, the forum is not for public arguments or airing differences.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3.msg5.html#msg5

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3614.msg27041.html#msg27041

george.

judith collier

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 04:55:57 AM »

What a perfect example of what nun taught me. If you belong to God by His choosing, you will never have to defend yourself as others will rush in and do it for you. Yes, Arcturus is intelligent and has a good vocabulary.  Some people have a gift in language. judy

Marky Mark

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 12:29:32 PM »

Hey, Markey, did you know what she was saying when you first read it?  Did you honestly know what that big word was?

Hello BBW.
I recall Ray speaking of this word [parakletos] in the paper below.
So yes, I did know of the usage.

http://bible-truths.com/trinity.html

Remember that Jesus said "I am the truth." How then can this "comforter" be coming from both His Father and Himself? Is this possible? Once we understand just what this "spirit of truth," "spirit of God," "holy spirit," "holy ghost," "comforter" really is, we will see that it certainly DOES come from both the Father and His Son Jesus Christ.

It is evident when checking various translations that the translators did not have a clear idea as to just what they should call this "comforter." In the Greek, the word is [parakletos BESIDE-CALLER].
It can be "consoler" or "Entreater" in I John 2:1.

The Moffatt translation has "...to give you another Helper..."

The New Testament of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has "...another Advocate..."

The Revised Standard Version has "...Counselor..."

The Monsignor Knox version has "...another to befriend you..."

The Phillips Translation has "...some one else to stand by you..."

And the Amplified New Testament has "...another Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener and Standby)..."

It should be noted that not all translators capitalize this Greek word parakletos in their translations, nor do all translators use the pronoun "he" but rather "it."

Peace...Mark

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:30:39 PM by Marky Mark »

Roy Coates

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 11:21:55 PM »

My husband's sister is talking about contacting my husband through a medium which she also did when their father died.  I told her this is a waste of time and money as the dead are dead and know nothing.  However, I came across this passage in 1 Samuel and would have a hard time defending my position because of it:

1 Samuel 28:   3 Now Samuel was dead, and all Israel had mourned for him and buried him in his own town of Ramah. Saul had expelled the mediums and spiritists from the land.

4 The Philistines assembled and came and set up camp at Shunem, while Saul gathered all the Israelites and set up camp at Gilboa. 5 When Saul saw the Philistine army, he was afraid; terror filled his heart. 6 He inquired of the LORD, but the LORD did not answer him by dreams or Urim or prophets. 7 Saul then said to his attendants, "Find me a woman who is a medium, so I may go and inquire of her."
      "There is one in Endor," they said.

8 So Saul disguised himself, putting on other clothes, and at night he and two men went to the woman. "Consult a spirit for me," he said, "and bring up for me the one I name."

9 But the woman said to him, "Surely you know what Saul has done. He has cut off the mediums and spiritists from the land. Why have you set a trap for my life to bring about my death?"

10 Saul swore to her by the LORD, "As surely as the LORD lives, you will not be punished for this."

11 Then the woman asked, "Whom shall I bring up for you?"
      "Bring up Samuel," he said.

12 When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out at the top of her voice and said to Saul, "Why have you deceived me? You are Saul!"

13 The king said to her, "Don't be afraid. What do you see?"
      The woman said, "I see a spirit [a] coming up out of the ground."

14 "What does he look like?" he asked.
      "An old man wearing a robe is coming up," she said.
      Then Saul knew it was Samuel, and he bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.

15 Samuel said to Saul, "Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?"
      "I am in great distress," Saul said. "The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has turned away from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do."

16 Samuel said, "Why do you consult me, now that the LORD has turned away from you and become your enemy? 17 The LORD has done what he predicted through me. The LORD has torn the kingdom out of your hands and given it to one of your neighbors—to David. 18 Because you did not obey the LORD or carry out his fierce wrath against the Amalekites, the LORD has done this to you today. 19 The LORD will hand over both Israel and you to the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. The LORD will also hand over the army of Israel to the Philistines."

20 Immediately Saul fell full length on the ground, filled with fear because of Samuel's words. His strength was gone, for he had eaten nothing all that day and night.

Any insight??

Eileen
Any Insight???

claypot

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2010, 10:04:07 AM »

The carnal shall fall. It shall be starved and fall as one slain when the Spirit (Christ) is present.

cp
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 17 queries.