bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Test from Ray  (Read 8096 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
A Test from Ray
« on: May 09, 2010, 10:23:23 PM »

I'm sendng this email along to our Forum. Maybe you would all like to try your hand
at answering the 20 Bible questions below.  Let me know how you all did?

Ray

PS   OH--the rules: You can use your Bible ONLY.  No Bible aids, such as a concordance.

Hi Ray,

My name is Glenn and I am a firm believer in the truths that you reveal on your bible
truths website. However, as I am beginning my studies of the good book, I find it difficult
because I don't know where to start, whether it be in genesis, revelation, or the book of
the prophets in between. I need some advice as to how I should approach the bible, And I
also need some study tips. I know you're a busy man, but it would be swell if you could respond.
Thanks for your time.

Dear Glenn:  There is no right or wrong place to study the Bible.  Nor do I know of any
method or system for studying the Bible.  If I were you, I would start with my writings. I
would read and study everything on bible-truths at least twice.  That should take you
a couple of years.

Many people read through their Bibles once every year.  If they start when they are
fifteen, by the time they are seventy-five, they will have read through their Bibles
SIXTY TIMES!  I sincerely believe that after most have read their Bibles sixty times,
I could give them all a simple Bible test that they would all fail.  Why is that?  They
don't pay attention to all the words.  They have preconceived ideas.  Etc. Just for fun,
take out a paper and write your answers to the following questions I just came up with:

[1]  How many know what it says in Isa. 53:1?  (It is repeated in John 12:38 and Rom. 10:16)
Isa. 26:9 is one of the most profound Scriptures in the Bible, but who knows what it says?

[2]  According to the Bible, what is the definition of a "day?"  How many hours are in a "day?"

[3]  After reading the first chapter of Genesis sixty times, how many could show me the verse
that says "God created grass?"  How about the verse that says, "God created fish?"

[4]  Where in Genesis did Adam or Eve commit the first si?  The second sin?  The third sin?

[5]  How many wise men came to see Jesus?  Where was Jesus when they presented Him gifts?

[6]  What is "the book of life" mentioned in Revelation?

[7]  Paul said "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law,
but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus
Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the
works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."
But didn't James contradict Paul by saying: "Faith without works of the law is DEAD?"

[8]  Do the Scriptures say that all of God's wishes or desires will be fulfilled?  If so, where?

[9]  The Bible says that the Father send His Son to this earth to what?

[10]  Why do the two geneaologies in Matthew and Luke contradict each other?

[11]  What is the Bible's definition (God's definition) of "sin"?

[12]  Who is the first person mentioned in the Bible who supported Christ's ministry?

[13]  Where in the Bible does it says God "created [barah] the heavens and the earth in six days"?

[14]  Where in  the Bible does it say that Jesus was in the tomb for three days and three nights?

[15]  Where does the Bible say that God doesn't change?

[16]  Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever [for the eons]?

[17]  In what book and chapter of the Bible are the ten commandments first recorded?

[18]  What did Moses say constituted the Covenant with Israel?

[19]  Where are God's Blessing & Curses for Israel recorded?

[20]  According to Matthew and Mark, what was the first thing Jesus preached for the people to do?

How did you do?  If you missed only 3 questions, you are OUTSTANDING!

If you missed only 5 you are still OUTSTANDING!

If you missed only 7 you are GREAT.

If you missed only 10 you are very GOOD.

If you missed 15 you need improvement, or maybe you just have a bad memory.

If you only got 3 right, you probably haven't studyed your Bible very much, but it's never too late to start.

God be with you,

Ray

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: A Test from Ray
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 01:25:09 AM »

This should be good.   :D

Please DON'T post your answers in this thread.  Let everybody work through this alone with their own bible.  Ray said he wanted to hear how you did.  Feel free to post your 'score' here, if you want, too.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 01:56:06 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 03:34:45 AM »

Best i could was 13 sure  ;D

2 maybe 5 & 10.  :-\

Missed:12, 15, 16, 18, 19  ::)

george ???.

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »

Ray's answers don't read if you have not finished.

SPOILER ALERT

Dear members of the Forum:  The answers to a few of these questions are not
so apparent, so I will give you the answers below each question:

[1]  How many know what it says in Isa. 53:1?  (It is repeated in John 12:38 and Rom. 10:16)
Isa. 26:9 is one of the most profound Scriptures in the Bible, but who knows what it says?

ANSWER:  "Who has believed our report?"  Isa. 26:9--"For when Thy judgments are in
the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness."

[2]  According to the Bible, what is the definition of a "day?"  How many hours are in a "day?"

ANSWER:  "And God called THE LIGHT Day" (Gen. 1:5).  "Are there not TWELVE HOURS
in the day" (John 11:9).

[3]  After reading the first chapter of Genesis sixty times, how many could show me the verse
that says "God created grass?"  How about the verse that says, "God created fish?"

ANSWER:  I doesn't say that God "created" grass or fish.  "And God said, Let the EARTH
BRING forth grass...." (Gen. 1:11).  "And God said, Let the WATERS BRING FORTH
abundantly the moving creature that has life...." (Gen. 1:19).

[4]  Where in Genesis did Adam or Eve commit the first Sin?  The second sin?  The third sin?

ANSWER:  1st sin: Eve "saw that the tree was good FOR FOOD"  (the lust of the FLESH, I Jn 2:16).
                   2nd sin:  "and that it was pleasant to the EYES" (the lust of the EYES, I Jn 2:16).
                   3rd sin:  "and a tree to be desired to MAKE ONE WISE"  (the PRIDE of life, I Jn 2:16).

[5]  How many wise men came to see Jesus?  Where was Jesus when they presented Him gifts?

ANSWER:  The Scriptures don't tell us how many, but when they arrived Jesus was a little boy of
approximately 2 years old, and living in a house.  Tradition says there were possibly 30 wise men.

[6]  What is "the book of life" mentioned in Revelation?

ANSWER:  Jesus Christ (the Lamb of God) IS "the Book of Life."

[7]  Paul said "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of
Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of
Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."
But didn't James contradict Paul by saying: "Faith without works of the law is DEAD?"

ANSWER:  Paul used the phrase "works of the LAW" ten times.  James used the phrase "WORKS"
SIX times.  Good works and works of the Law are totally different.  The Jews tried to obtain
entrance into the Kingdom by strict Law keeping which neither Paul nor James taught.

Don't let anyone try to persuade you that Paul contradicted James regarding "works."  Paul did teach
to "DO that which is GOOD--Good Works" (Rom. 13:3).  Paul said we were created for "good WORKS"
(Eph. 8:10).   Women were to do "good WORKS" (I Tim. 2:10).  "Good WORKS" (I Tim. 5:10). Also
II Tim. 3:17;  Titus 1:16;  Titus 2:7;  Titus 2:14 (This is great Scripture on God's Elect being "ZEALOUS
of good works");  Titus 3:8; etc.

[8]  Do the Scriptures say that all of God's wishes or desires will be fulfilled?  If so, where?

ANSWER:  Yes, they surely do:  Isaiah 46:10-11;    Num. 23:10;  Phil. 2:13;  Eph. 1:11; etc., etc.

[9]  The Bible says that the Father send His Son to this earth to what?

ANSWER:   "The Father sent [commissioned] the Son to BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD" (I Jn 4:14).

[10]  Why do the two genealogies in Matthew and Luke contradict each other?

ANSWER:  They contradict because they are two totally different genealogies.  Matthew is the linage
of Joseph, and Luke is the linage of Mary.  The only way they wouldn't counterdict each other is if
Joseph and Mary were brother and sister instead of husband and wife.

[11]  What is the Bible's definition (God's definition) of "sin"?

ANSWER:  "Sin IS the transgression [the breaking] of the law" (I John 3:4).

[12]  Who is the first person mentioned in the Bible who supported Christ's ministry?

ANSWER:  Mary Magdalene, Luke 8:4.

[13]  Where in the Bible does it says God "created [barah] the heavens and the earth in six days"?

ANSWER:  Nowhere do the Scriptures say that God "created" the heavens and the earth IN
six days.  It says that God "made" [asah] from that which He formerly "created"--namely the
heavens and the earth, and for six time periods God refashioned them for His future purpose.

[14]  Where in  the Bible does it say that Jesus was in the tomb for three days and three nights?

ANSWER:  Nowhere.  Jesus was "in the HEART OF THE EARTH" for three days and three nights,
but this is a parable, and certainly does not stand for three 24-hour periods in the tomb.

[15]  Where does the Bible say that God doesn't change?

ANSWER:  Malachi 3:6, "I am the Lord, I CHANGE NOT."

[16]  Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever [for the eons]?

ANSWER:  hEB. 13:8, "Jesus Christ THE SAME, yesterday, and today, and for ever [for the eons]."  

[17]  In what book and chapter of the Bible are the ten commandments first recorded?

ANSWER:  Exodus Chapter 20.

[18]  What did Moses say constituted the Covenant with Israel?

ANSWER:  "The TEN COMMANDMENTS" (Deut. 4:13).

[19]  Where are God's Blessing & Curses for Israel recorded?

ANSWER:  Deut. 28:1-14 & Deut. 28:15-68.  

[20]  According to Matthew and Mark, what was the first thing Jesus preached for the people to do?

ANSWER:  "REPENT"!  Matt. 3:17 & Mark 1:15.

If you got half or more correct without using any Bible aids, then you did very good.

God be with you all,
Ray

PS   After two months in a wheelchair, I have been out of the wheelchair for a couple of weeks now.
I still have some bad days, but I have been able to work on my paper for five to ten hours most days.
My paper on "HELL Is A Christian Hoax" & "23 Minutes In Hell" by Bill Wiese should be finished before
the end of the month, but it will then take a fair amount of time to proof it and format it for the most
possible computers out there.  We will keep you posted.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 12:34:57 AM by Dave in Tenn »

tinknocker

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 03:56:45 AM »

10 right, 3 had to look up the verses not committed to memory. >:(
Can we be graded on a curve?  :D

tinknocker

P.S. Ray, glad to here you can get out the the wheelchair and work, looking forward to your future papers but I have much to study still in the existing papers as this test shows

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 11:06:24 AM »

Tom, I don't think you were required to have all the verses committed to memory!!  :) I got all of them right except one and some of my answers weren't complete so I had to say I got 17 of 20! But hey, I did use my Bible to look them all up!! At least I know how to use my Bible!! hehe!! The one I got wrong was #20!! Ha! I thought the answer was to do what Jesus did!! Silly me...I didn't read ALL the words!
It is great to hear that Ray has been able to be out of that wheelchair! God just keeps on lifting him up! I'm praying for him!!
Kathy :D

Ricky

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 11:45:06 AM »

Hey, lol I got 1 :)
                         rICKY
Your heart is God`s gift to you, what you make of it, shall be your gift to Him.

onelovedread

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 01:35:38 PM »

Does any one know what Scripture states that "Jesus Christ (the Lamb of God) IS "the Book of Life."?
Thanks

aqrinc

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 03:00:29 PM »

Does any one know what Scripture states that "Jesus Christ (the Lamb of God) IS "the Book of Life."?
Thanks

Depending on the translation, this verse also sometimes say: The Lamb Slain From the Foundation Of The World. Please note that in not a correct translation, and Ray has taught on this already.

Rev 13:8 (MKJV) and followers.
And all dwelling on the earth will worship it, those whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain, from the foundation of the world.

Rev 13:8 (BBE)
And all who are on the earth will give him worship, everyone whose name has not been from the first in the book of life of the Lamb who was put to death.

Rev 13:8 (CEV)
The beast was worshiped by everyone whose name wasn't written before the time of creation in the book of the Lamb who was killed.

Rev 13:8 (GNB)
All people living on earth will worship it, except those whose names were written before the creation of the world in the book of the living which belongs to the Lamb that was killed.

Excerpt from: http://bible-truths.com/audio/THEGODFAMILYPT2.mp3

Now he has a Scripture to prove that in the book of Revelation. I’ve known this for years, I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned it, but I have know it for years, because I had reason to study that years ago.

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship Him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Well now either that shows that in some way or shape or form, before the world was made, in God’s mind or whatever, Christ was already slain. Before He was ever brought into existence, right? Either that or maybe this is not translated properly. Let’s take a look at that concept.

The World English Bible:
Revelation 13:8 And all who dwell on the earth will worship Him, every one whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who has been killed.

Huh, do you get that? It was “written from the foundation of the world.”

george :).
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:07:24 PM by aqr »

onelovedread

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 03:10:03 PM »

Thanks George.
You're right. I do remember reading it. I plan to go back through the LOF series so I'll probably catch it.
Memory's not as sharp (lol)

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 03:12:48 PM »

Thanks George.
You're right. I do remember reading it. I plan to go back through the LOF series so I'll probably catch it.
Memory's not as sharp (lol)

Here is the link in my previous answer, follow it to get the conference message on this subject.

Excerpt from: http://bible-truths.com/audio/THEGODFAMILYPT2.mp3

george ;D.

tinknocker

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »

Tom, I don't think you were required to have all the verses committed to memory!!  :) I got all of them right except one and some of my answers weren't complete so I had to say I got 17 of 20! But hey, I did use my Bible to look them all up!! At least I know how to use my Bible!! hehe!! The one I got wrong was #20!! Ha! I thought the answer was to do what Jesus did!! Silly me...I didn't read ALL the words!
It is great to hear that Ray has been able to be out of that wheelchair! God just keeps on lifting him up! I'm praying for him!!
Kathy :D

Yes I know  ;) but my goal is to commit it to memory so I can readily answer those that question why I believe what I believe. But I must confess my mind seems to be slowing down. Now that I'm retire maybe I can focus more  ;D 

tinknocker (retired)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.