bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difference between spirit and soul??  (Read 4812 times)

wisdom

Difference between spirit and soul??
« on: May 15, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »

What are the differences between the spirit and soul. Many think they are synonymous but I know the SOUL dies and the SPIRIT doesn't. Can someone show me other differences, thanks in advance, God bless

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Difference between spirit and soul??
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 05:37:45 PM »

From the FAQ:

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11605.0.html

Is there some scripture or teaching of Ray that is hanging you up on a 'difference'?

The most helpful thing you can do (just me talking) is to learn and meditate on just what 'spirit' and 'soul' are.  When you (and I'm speaking generically as I have no idea what your current views are) stop thinking of either 'spirit' or 'soul' as being (or being LIKE) a "ghost", you're well on your way.  My apologies if that's not YOUR understanding, but it does seem to be the understanding of others who've posted here.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

mharrell08

Re: Difference between spirit and soul??
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 10:06:38 AM »

What are the differences between the spirit and soul. Many think they are synonymous but I know the SOUL dies and the SPIRIT doesn't. Can someone show me other differences, thanks in advance, God bless

Hello Wisdom,

There's also more about soul and spirit under the 'Body, Spirit, Soul' header in the 2nd Letter to Dr. Kennedy: http://bible-truths.com/kennedy2.htm

Hope this helps,

Marques
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.