bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ancient DNA set to rewrite human history  (Read 7925 times)

aqrinc

Ancient DNA set to rewrite human history
« on: May 15, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

Interesting article, word to the wise, when reading these it is best to look at the evidence for what it is. The conclusions drawn are just that; speculation inserted to try to prove what is unprovable, because it did not happen that way.

Point is it is out there; and at least we need to know what is being used to formulate the best shiny new Idols Of the heart of man.

Published online 12 May 2010 | Nature 465, 148-149 (2010) | doi:10.1038/465148a

News

Ancient DNA set to rewrite human history
Discovery that some humans are part-Neanderthal reveals the promise of comparing genomes old and new.

Rex Dalton

The worlds of ancient and modern DNA exploration have collided in spectacular fashion in the past few months. Last week saw the publication of a long-awaited draft genome of the Neanderthal, an archaic hominin from about 40,000 years ago1. Just three months earlier, researchers in Denmark reported the genome of a 4,000-year-old Saqqaq Palaeo-Eskimo2 that was plucked from the Greenland permafrost and sequenced in China using the latest technology.

Read more: http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100512/full/465148a.html

BTW; that is not a picture taken of neanderthal anyone, it is an artist conception claiming to be so.

george ;D.

Ninny

Re: Ancient DNA set to rewrite human history
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 07:15:34 PM »

George, I don't understand any of that! I have known some men, however, who DO ACT like neanderthals!! No one on this forum!! Hahaha! I guess I should seriously read the article, huh? :D ???
Kathy ;)

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »

George, I don't understand any of that! I have known some men, however, who DO ACT like neanderthals!! No one on this forum!! Hahaha! I guess I should seriously read the article, huh? :D ???
Kathy ;)

Yes, you should read it, at least if you are interested, some of that stuff is quite relaxing and shows the really huge leaps of faith, these people have in their own minds (strong delusion?). Yet we are accused of blind faith, when they have zero clue of what we are seeing and hearing.

george ;D.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 07:26:48 PM by aqr »

Ninny

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 07:29:52 PM »

Now that is true, George, very true!!  :) I'll read it seriously!
Kathy ;)

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 08:39:09 PM »

All creation is made of matter.   Why all this hooplah about DNA.

Life is about chemistry.  All DNA and RNA is composed of 4-5 different bases. They fit together chemically.  They are biochemical tengenics (they fit together in ways that allow for huge permutations) therefore you have variety )  (They replicate by serving as their own templates) (They are the tempates by which proteins are made…hence they enable complex structure and also enzymes that can fuel more reactions)

….OF COURSE WE HAVE THINGS IN COMMON…. Even with mice and bacteria…..
By the way …in all species ….Asexual replication has less variation then sexual replication… 
  ta…dah  plants and animals and man…

George you make a point Here is a genetic article that they can use to justify the use of using mice in experiments

http://articles.sfgate.com/2002-12-05/news/17575344_1_human-genome-eric-lander-director-mouse-genes

Hey if you have more neanderthal genes then your neighbor, who knows what the world will decide to do with you in the future... There is nothing new under the sun :D

(Joh 6:63)  the spirit it is that is giving life; the flesh doth not profit anything; the sayings that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life;

Beloved

aqrinc

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 10:45:54 PM »

Hi Beloved,

Now you are talking my language, it is a marvel to see how many gyrations humanity goes through to try to bring GOD and Christ Jesus down to managable size for themselves.

Rom 1:16-20 (GNB)
16  I have complete confidence in the gospel; it is God's power to save all who believe, first the Jews and also the Gentiles.
17  For the gospel reveals how God puts people right with himself: it is through faith from beginning to end. As the scripture says, "The person who is put right with God through faith shall live."

18  God's anger is revealed from heaven against all the sin and evil of the people whose evil ways prevent the truth from being known.
19  God punishes them, because what can be known about God is plain to them, for God himself made it plain.

20  Ever since God created the world, his invisible qualities, both his eternal power and his divine nature, have been clearly seen; they are perceived in the things that God has made. So those people have no excuse at all!

And lest we start boasting, here is the end of the matter.

Php 2:13 (MKJV)
For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure.

george ;D.

gmik

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 11:04:48 PM »

I am tracing my family tree so I had a DNA sample done.  I thought it was going to prove a relation to an ancestor from Virginia in the 1700's, no nothing so easy as that.

I get this package from the DNA people and basically said I was from the Russian steppes 30-40,000 years ago.  I am from the helena haplogroup---she is one of the "seven daughters of Eve" who came from the Mesopotamian basin even longer ago.

So, I think "what a rip off".

I have been studying the first 2 chaps of Genesis.  I don't know, maybe there is space in there for this kind of stuff.  Ray talks about the Clovis Indians who were here 13,000 years ago.  We know the Grand Canyon wasn't made in a day. So....

I just try to love my neighbor...that is so deep, I can barely manage that.  :D

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 04:37:30 AM »

I am tracing my family tree so I had a DNA sample done.  I thought it was going to prove a relation to an ancestor from Virginia in the 1700's, no nothing so easy as that.

I get this package from the DNA people and basically said I was from the Russian steppes 30-40,000 years ago.  I am from the helena haplogroup---she is one of the "seven daughters of Eve" who came from the Mesopotamian basin even longer ago.

So, I think "what a rip off".

I have been studying the first 2 chaps of Genesis.  I don't know, maybe there is space in there for this kind of stuff.  Ray talks about the Clovis Indians who were here 13,000 years ago.  We know the Grand Canyon wasn't made in a day. So....

I just try to love my neighbor...that is so deep, I can barely manage that.  :D

Hi Gena,

Love your neighbor; That is the least we are told to do.

But wait!! there is more:

Mat 5:43-48 (GNB)
43  "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your friends, hate your enemies.'

44  But now I tell you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45  so that you may become the children of your Father in heaven. For he makes his sun to shine on bad and good people alike, and gives rain to those who do good and to those who do evil.

46  Why should God reward you if you love only the people who love you? Even the tax collectors do that!

47  And if you speak only to your friends, have you done anything out of the ordinary? Even the pagans do that!
48  You must be perfect---just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Then we get this. *There is nothing new under the sun*, but don't take my word for it look below.

Ecc 1:7-11 (CLV)
7 All the watercourses are flowing to the sea, Yet there is no filling of the sea; To the place from which the watercourses are flowing, There they return to go forth again."

8 All the words are weary; A man cannot utter it. The eye is not satisfied with seeing, Nor is the ear filled with hearing."

9 What occurred once, it shall occur again, And what was done, it shall be done again. There is nothing at all new under the sun."

10 Is there anything of which one may say: See this, it is new? It has already occurred In eons that were before us?

11 There is no remembrance of former generations, And also for those who shall come after us, A remembrance of them shall not continue With those who shall come afterward."

george ???.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 02:26:03 AM »

Folks,

As I recall, Neander-thal is a valley in Germany where geologists found one jaw bone of what they supposed was the ancestor of a branch of mankind. One bone! Many assumptions have accumulated over the decades since then. Neanderthal is NOT a description of a human species... it is just a location in modern Germany. We are such suckers for anything published by a PhD. and look out if it is underwritten by a whole group of PhD's.

Bob

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 12:19:27 PM »

You guys are all so smart! You made me laugh! I love a good history/science lesson...or maybe it's just trivia!! Thanks IBob! I'm glad to know that those Neanderthals that I have known..can now be called by a different name that I shall NOT repeat on this forum!! hehehehe!! NO SUCH THING AS NEANDERTHAL??? what WILL we do?? So...  PhD=       P=  :P h= ha! D= Duh!!
I KNEW that!!  :D
Kathy ;)

gmik

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 08:12:42 PM »

Ugh..thanks George!!!  Like I said "Deep".  I am having trouble doing the Least????  Oh my!

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 12:20:39 AM »

Folks,

As I recall, Neander-thal is a valley in Germany where geologists found one jaw bone of what they supposed was the ancestor of a branch of mankind. One bone! Many assumptions have accumulated over the decades since then. Neanderthal is NOT a description of a human species... it is just a location in modern Germany. We are such suckers for anything published by a PhD. and look out if it is underwritten by a whole group of PhD's.

Bob

I know the one on TV (caveman) is no fake, otherwise they could not show it; could they ???? even playing tennis with Billy Jean King ::), what next, spaceships in DC or Moscow :o, no way. Who shot that space rock up, and how did it get there from here? wha th  :-X.

Sigh, just having a flight of fancy ;D.

Hey, my youngst sister is a PHD, you guy will be in trouble as soon as she is finished cloning me, 7 times too :-\.

But Wait; These is More.

george :P.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 12:23:25 AM by aqr »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.