bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: heb 4:12???  (Read 10409 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: heb 4:12???
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 12:42:06 AM »

I posted the above, went to eat a sandwich, and recalled three times in the past 6 weeks or so when some of my pet doctrines and idols of the heart were crushed right here on the forum, publicly or semi-publicly.  Humiliating every time, but not too painful because it's so much better to know the truth about things.  In one case in particular, it's actually changing my life.  "GREAT is the fall."

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

GinaMilan

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 04:46:07 AM »

(Dave in Tenn:  You're alright.)

Another spiritual match for Heb. 4:12, maybe?

Matthew 15
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

Mark 7
21  For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22  Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

That pretty much sums it up for me.

Marques, again, I really want to thank you for your help in this.  You have quite a gift!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:52:38 AM by GinaMilan »

GinaMilan

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 02:07:51 AM »

Another spiritual match for Hebrews 4:12, maybe?

Romans 2

25 Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised. 26If those who are not circumcised keep the law's requirements, will they not be regarded as though they were circumcised? 27The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.

28A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. 29No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision [the cutting away or separation of the chaff from the wheat] of the heart, by the Spirit ["...the words (the two-edged sword) that I speak to you, they are Spirit..." John 6:63], not by the written code.

(Well, I don't know if anyone else sees it, but I sure do.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 04:02:39 AM by GinaMilan »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.