bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: My Daughter  (Read 7726 times)

Jennie

My Daughter
« on: May 19, 2010, 10:19:52 AM »

To all who know me.... you know I have a precious daughter and son(in-law). She is 8 months pregnant. I haven't been able to write this till now and I do it with tears falling. 2 weeks ago they found our Brandon laying in the parking lot at his work unconcious. We thought he would be okay. They had him stablized at the hospital. The next day he blew a major blood clot that wiped out his brain stem. His funeral was May 10. He was so excited about being a Daddy and would have been such an incredible one. Now our Heather is left here 8 months pregnant and a widow.
He was only 25... it's just not right. If any goodness came from this tragedy, his organs saved 8 people. Please pray for my Heather and for us. We are all broken hearted. Thank you, Jennie

Ninny

Re: My Daughter
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:23:19 AM »

Oh Jennie!!
Oh so sorry to hear that! That is a tragedy for sure...my prayers are with you and your daughter...I'm so sorry.... :'( :'(
Kathy :'( :-*

Jennie

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »

Thank you so much "Ninny". I just haven't been able to bring myself to tell this. You know...Brandon was the one who told me of this forum. I am so glad he did. Much love from my old mountain place, Jennie

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:43:15 AM »

Jenny;

There are really no words of comfort that anyone can really offer you right now.  This is one of those things that make no sense to the natural mind and seems terribly unfair as this young man and your daughter were looking forward to a long life together and now it's not going to happen.  I know that you know that God has all this under control and he has put you all through this for a reason known only to him at this point.  In the future your family will be able to look back at this time and see how God was doing wonderful things both in and through you but that doesn't help you to walk through this time in your life.  God be with your family and give you comfort and help you to lean on and trust only in him.  Will be praying for you.

lauriellen

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 11:29:13 AM »

jenny, i am so sorry for you and your family.....my heart is broken for you...i can not add any better words than have already been offerred, but just to cling to God & trust Him will all your strength.....He will bring you through this.
lauriellen

judith collier

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 06:00:34 PM »

Dear Jennie, how very, very sad and shocking. Sudden deaths are more difficult to work through. There is no time for a person to say good-bye or we love you. I am sure your daughter is exceptionally distraught and I would have trouble knowing what to say. I hope she is a young lady of faith and if not you wil have to be the encouraging one. I feel for you and your family. Perhaps when the baby gets here her mind will be occupied. I will remember you and your daughter when I pray. Eileen would be a good one to speak with having had the sudden death of her husband. Love, Judy

Linny

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 06:44:28 PM »

Dear Jennie, I sit here after feeling sorry for myself all day, and I read this and realize that my problems are nothing in comparison to your pain and to your daughter's pain. Life can be so very hard and your trial is one of the worst that can happen. Please know that you guys are in my prayers. Your daughter is so very blessed to have you to hold onto through this.  :'(
I am so sorry for your loss.
Lin

Stacey

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 07:24:12 PM »

Very sorry for your loss Jennie  :(
Stacey

Kat

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 10:28:30 PM »

Jenny your family is in my prayers  :'(

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Vangie

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 02:18:48 AM »

Jennie, I add my prayers for your comfort and strength through this loss.  I'm so sorry.

Much love to you and your family,
Vangie

jingle52

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 09:01:57 AM »

I'm very sorry for your sudden loss Jenny, these months will be dreadful for your daughter and you are the one she will turn to for comfort. Remember that God knows what He is doing and when that new baby comes, there will be much much joy!!! (Some sadness too, as his/her daddy won't be there), but God is with you and your daughter through the good and the bad.
Blessings to you and your family
Prudence

Roy Coates

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 12:33:25 AM »

Your in my prayers. Peace be with you.

octoberose

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 01:38:27 AM »

Jennie, this is heart breaking. It's so hard to see the plan in something like this, but we can only pray and trust and know that God heals the brokenhearted. Praying for you and yours.

Jennie

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 08:46:32 AM »

Thank you all for your prayers and words of comfort. I went to the doctor with her the other day and he said under the circumstances she is doing well and could have the baby at any time. She is staying with us at night and trying to stay at her house during the day. Her Daddy is afraid for her to be alone much because she is so  near due. She is having a boy, Axel Slade.... his Daddy picked it out. Please continue to pray for her. Her husband's company cancelled his health insurance the day of his funeral. Now she and Axel have none but we are trying to find her some. Just pray for us all on this old mountain. Much love to all, Jennie

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 10:10:12 AM »

Jennie,
That is so wrong of that company! I think they should be held to covering her and the baby! That's just crazy! I will be praying for all of you! Please let us know as soon as that baby is born!
Love to you all,
Kathy  :-*

judith collier

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 06:28:25 PM »

Dear Jennie, even if a clause in the insurance policy stated that benefits ended on you sin-in-law's death, I would try to fight it as the baby WAS being covered and the baby is still alive!! You'd think that company's would have some mercy.
Either way, God will be there and everything will eventually be o.k. It's just the getting through it and the terrible accompanying sadness. God bless you Jennie, your daughter and your about to be born, grandson. I love the name!
Love, Judy

EKnight

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 09:26:33 PM »

Jennie,

I wish there was something I could say to you and your daughter that would help since, like Judy said, I just lost my husband unexpectedly in March.   Although I was married 23 years and that's more than your daughter will have with Brandon, I am sure her pain is just as great. Hopefully when I figure out my own grief, I will have more supportive words.  In the mean time, I hope you and your daughter can cherish the time that you had with Brandon.  It's not easy to be grateful at a time like this but its worth the effort.  Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any comfort.

Love in Christ,
Eileen

Linny

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 05:29:59 PM »

Jennie, if the COBRA thing doesn't work out for some reason, (I am thinking it will), ask around your beautiful mountain (and I will ask mine for references), and find you a big hearted (shouldn't be hard) midwife and have that precious baby at home saving you THOUSANDS of dollars and much heartache.
Just my opinion as a midwife fan anyway.
Lin

daywalker

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 08:13:22 PM »

Hello Jennie,

I wish I had something inspirational to say, but I don't... However, I would like you to know that I'll be praying for everyone involved; especially your daughter and her new baby boy, Axel.

May God grant you peace and direct your path.

Christopher

Jennie

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »

Again....many thanks for all of you here. We did find out about the cobra and it is $495.00 a month! Here in these mountains no one could afford such. Her doctor will take no money from her in light of all that has happened. He is a wonderful man of faith and said he wanted to do this to honor Brandon. He is not going to charge her anything. There are still good folks around.
My daughter has a backbone of steel and faith that is just as strong. She spoke over him at his memorial and told the 500 + people that were there to always tell people you love tham like she and Brandon did. She also said that in her almost 4 years of marriage she and Brandon had more love  and laughter than many get in a lifetime. So for me.... I tell you all.... I love you and you mean so much to me. You have stuck with me through good times and bad and I truly appreciate each and every one of you.
Our Heather is staying with us for now and gets her biscuits, gravy, eggs and bacon or sausage every morning! See I told ya'll I am not much count but for taking care of folks! Much love and blessings to you all from old Mountain Jennie
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.