bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Daughter  (Read 7715 times)

GinaMilan

Re: My Daughter
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 12:09:09 AM »

Wow, that's wonderful! 

Marlene

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 01:51:41 AM »

I am so happy to hear this for your Daughter and all of you.

In His Love,
Marlene

Linny

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »

Jennie that is great news but please check as I have heard of this before and the hospital wasn't so kind and they did want money. The hospital charges are the ones that hurt the most.
Just concerned...Lin

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 03:01:14 PM »

Jenny,

Lin is right, the doctor fees will be small compared to the hospital, etc.  I know the $500 is expensive, but it will be far less than the other bills.  And, if God forbid, there are any complications with her or the baby you would be covered.  If afters all said and done and everything is fine, then drop the cobra.

Craig

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 07:38:19 PM »

hi jenny,
i have read all the post replies from your original post regarding your daughter and the devastating loss of her husband, especially while being so close to delivering their baby. my heart ached for her as it did for eileen after the loss of mark, and as it does whenever i meditate on all the forum family who have lost loved ones and others who are suffering through their personal trials and tribulations. sometimes it is just so hard. but, our Brother Jesus Christ will strengthen your daughter and each of us as we go to Him for comfort and rest. He said He would. you have indeed received some loving and wise counsel and encouragement from the forum members. i especially wanted to say that craig has given you some very good advice with regards to the cobra coverage. as a retired health and life insurance agent/underwriter, i would also advise your daughter to NOT cancel the cobra coverage. $495 mthly is expensive, but, the coverage will be there for your daughter and the baby to help pay for the hospital bills and well baby care after the birth. the cobra coverage can be cancelled once the baby is born.

i will keep you and your family in my prayers jenny.

claudia

EKnight

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 09:15:16 PM »

I don't know if Brandon had a life insurance policy, but if he did, it would be well spent on the COBRA premium.  That is what I have had to do and it's twice 495.00 (for myself and two children).  Luckily for me, I have this COBRA for life so I don't have to worry about ever losing insurance  as long as I can pay the premium.

Eileen

judith collier

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2010, 05:27:47 PM »

Jenny, Cobra is so expensive. When my husband was let go from Allstate at 55 with 30 yrs. we had to pay $900.00 a month. And we really couldn't afford it but the peace of mind was worth it. We just let the house rot, no kidding. I was still working but didn't bring in that much anymore. Now, Allstate dropped their retirees from their Health and RX program.
My two women friends just prayed for health when they didn't have any ins. We have a Hoosier health plan in Indiana, maybe you have a state plan there also. Children can also be covered by Medicaid. Don't forget the Soc. Sec. for your grandchild. Either way nobody I know is in jail for not paying the hospital and our friend had 2 heart operations and a pacemaker put in with no ins. It's the system's fault anyway. The Ins. comp.'s, the poor who have no access to affordable ins., and the welfare system that doesn't pay out enough to Dct.'s and hospitals.
God, I really got started didn't I ??
Hopefully, if everybody gets in the ins. pool there will be enough money to go around.
Judy

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.