bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why did Jesus say "why do you call me good?"  (Read 22344 times)

GinaMilan

Re: Why did Jesus say "why do you call me good?"
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 12:06:15 AM »

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone. (Mark 10:18)

I heard a muslim man use this verse as his argument that Jesus was only a prophet and not God.

Okay, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm learning to "always be prepared to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you."   1 Pet. 3:15

And since the original poster wasn't asking a question, I see no reason to respond.  ;)

« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 01:02:46 AM by GinaMilan »

GinaMilan

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 01:02:31 AM »

Yes, Marques, you're helping a lot!

Jesus prayed to the Father to be restored with the glory which He had before the world was. But He does not say the glory that He 'only' had before the world was.

Okay, right:  "a statement of fact is not a statement of limitation."

I've been at BT site for seven years and the most basic, elementary things are only now clicking.  (It's comforting to know that "not many wise are called."  ha)

Listen to this bit of "wisdom":  All this time, I have been mistakenly thinking that Jesus became the only begotten Son of God at the very moment He became flesh (conceived in Mary's womb).  Obviously that's incorrect.  He became the only Begotten Son of God from the moment He came out from the Father (duh), which took place before the world began.  (And, yes, in case there's any misunderstanding, I am aware that God was not always a Father, but became a Father after Jesus came out from Him.  I hope that made sense.)  

My misunderstanding stems from the fact that Christendom never taught that Jesus was the God of the OT, or that He even came out from the Father as a created being (He just always was...).   So when I heard for the first time that Jesus was the God of the OT (the Word/Jehovah/Creator), I believed that, but I also inadvertently limited Him in my mind's eye to those things and neglected to include the fact that He was still the Son of God (and always will be).

I don't know about the original poster, but I'm satisfied that Jesus is God and is the Son of God and was the Creator and the God of the OT (the Word) and that He emptied Himself of the Glory he had with His Father before the world began, in order to be made flesh and carry out His earthly ministry humbly so that He could die as a human.   I don't know exactly when He emptied Himself, but....

"I won't think about that today, I'll think about that tomorra.  ~Scarlett O'Hara   ;D

"But though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more."  (2 Cor. 5:16)  He is risen.

Thank you again for your attention to my questions, Marques.  I think I'm finished here unless you have anything you want to confirm or correct.  I'd appreciate that too.

Gina

UPDATE:  I've been saying, above, that Jesus was the Creator since He did the creating, but I just noticed something I missed in the 2007 Nashville conference that Ray points out: "Who is the Savior of the world?  Jesus Christ.  God is the Savior of the world!  Yes Jesus Christ is the channel through who it comes.  But God almighty is the Savior of the world.  He’s also the Creator.  We are actually going to find out, who actually did the creating?  Christ. But who is the Creator?  God the Father, ok. "  
Source:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:15:17 AM by GinaMilan »

mharrell08

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 01:28:28 AM »

Thank you again for your attention to my questions, Marques.  I think I'm finished here unless you have anything you want to confirm or correct.  I'd appreciate that too.

Gina

Glad to have helped...all glory to God.  :)

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 06:04:53 AM »

Righty-O, Arc.  Jesus is definitely not His [own] Father.    I hope it doesn't appear to anyone that I was saying that. 

You do not appear to me that you are not understanding or that you lack in the preparations for comprehending who God is. You are well studied, well enough groomed in spirit and in Truth Dear Gina, to be recognised by me as a child of the Kingdom of God. Rest, then assured. Others may not find you to be a child of God but those others you are not among!

Your point that

And still, one of Jesus' titles is "Father":

is evidence of your grooming, fidelity and comprehensive insight into the Ways and Purposes of God who is Father of ALL with His Son as our Father and the Father of Jesus Christ as His Father who dragges us to His Son.

Jesus Christ is our Father and His Father is The Great Grand Father of ALL. 8)

Amen
Arc

GinaMilan

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 11:19:55 AM »

Thank you, Arc. :)

GinaMilan

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 01:29:35 AM »

Hi there, John

I hope all is well with you.  I realize your question was for Deb, but since it's only 5:10 a.m. her time , and since I was the one who brought the Isaiah verse up, I hope you and Deb won't mind me jumping in here?  Maybe this will help -- it's a second witness that I honestly never noticed before.  Ray brought it up at the Mobile Conference and when he did that, I felt safe repeating and believing it:

So, let’s think for a moment on who or what is God the Father, okay. He’s the brains behind everything.  Am I right?  He’s the Supreme Deity of the universe, God the Father.  He’s all powerful, all knowing, all wise, omnipotent, right?  All loving, all caring, all those things. Is there anything else that you can think of that God is?  You might say, ‘well, He’s a father and Jesus isn’t a father.‘  Oh yeah? Read Isaiah.

Isa 64:8  But now, O LORD, You art our Father; we are the clay, and You our potter; and we all are the work of Your hand.

Source:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11521.0.html

2 Corinthians 6 (NIV)

As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

17"Therefore come out from them
      and be separate, says the Lord.
   Touch no unclean thing,
      and I will receive you."
 18"I will be a Father to you,
      and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

And further, Paul was a father to the Corinthians:

1 Corinthians 4:15 (Amplified)  After all, though you should have ten thousand teachers (guides to direct you) in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the glad tidings (the Gospel).

Paul said, follow me as I follow Christ  

1 Corinthians 11:1  Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.  

And since Paul was following Christ and became a father to the Corinthians, and us too, we will be become [like?] fathers, that is if we are to be in the image of Jesus Christ Who is Himself the express image of His Father.  We're going to be made into Their image, so it follows that we should have all of Their attributes.  

This doesn't detract from God the Father, I don't believe.  And Jesus is many things in addition to being a Father.

I hope that helps a little.

Kind regards,
Gina

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:01:32 AM by GinaMilan »

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 02:09:51 AM »

Hi Gina, good find there. I see Ray's words and the Scripture you quoted right in front of me but now questions are coming up in my head. Gonna have to read over it probably many more times before it sinks in.  :)
Stacey

G. Driggs

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 02:16:11 AM »

Another witness:

Jer 31:9  They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

God the Father and God the Son are One God, one Spirit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

[Someone says;  Isa 9:6  For to us a Child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder; and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.]
Some will say wait a minute, “The everlasting Father?”  Christ (Jehovah) says, He was a Father to Israel.  He’s the eonian God to Israel.  So are we understanding God better?

Okay, let’s take this a little farther.  We read about God/Elohim, we learn about the Lord God - Jehovah/Elohim, and sometimes we hear about El.
Now we know in the garden, Christ... though Jehovah is doing the talking, because no man has ever heard God the Father.  So the Lord God (Jehovah/Elohim) said unto the woman, “and the Lord God said…”  Why did He say ‘said’?  Because He’s the spokesman, He’s the Word.  He’s the Word of who?  Elohim, and He is Jehovah/Elohim and His Father is Elohim.  There is only one Elohim.  So it’s the Lord God - Jehovah/Elohim.

When we come to the NT then we read about God.  Jesus Christ said, they ask Him what is the greatest commandment,  He said “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind” (Matt 22:37).  The Greek says, you shall love the Kurios your Theos with all your heart and so on.

Kurios/Theos… who was He talking about?  The Father.  He’s quoting the OT, that comes out of Deuteronomy, where Jehovah Himself says, “You shall love the Lord your God” (Deu 6:5).  Not Kurios/Theos,  but Jehovah/Elohim.

Well who are we to worship with all our heart?  Jehovah/Elohim or Kurios/Theos of the NT, who we know is the Father.  But Jehovah/Elohim (where it’s quoted from the OT), is Jesus Christ.  Who is it talking about?  It’s always talking about BOTH.  ALWAYS!

Even though we give Jesus the designation Jehovah/Elohim, it still includes the Father.  Why?  Because there is only ONE Elohim!  He is the Jehovah, one God - there is the Father, one God and together they are the one God.  You just have to believe the scriptures.

John 10:30  I and My Father are one.

One what?  One God and it’s understood, We are one... one God.  We two, are one.  Whenever two are of the same mind and spirit, they are considered one.

Now we only have one analogy of that in the scripture, and it’s of a husband and wife.  Isn’t it interesting when He says that they are joined together.  Because when you are joined together, it’s like you stick a plug in the wall.  The plug that you stick in is the male and the wall plug is called the female.  So it’s when a man and woman join there bodies.  They are literally inside of each others body, they are one, see, literally they are one.  That is the most intimate relationship there is, on the human plain, sexual intercourse with a man and a woman, you literally become one body.  Because it signifies being one in Spirit.  But Paul says he speaks of this concerning Christ and the church in Ephesians.  He says this is a great mystery.

Eph 5:28  So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.
v. 29  For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as the Lord does the church.

See the connection.

Eph 5:30  For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones.
v. 31  "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."
v. 32  This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

So what is it about Jesus and His Father, that make them one?  I mean they don’t have a sexual union, they are both masculine.  How do they be, one?  There is one other all encompassing factor….. they are one Spirit!

You could get a superficial feeling of this, when you have a group of men in the army, let’s say the navy seals or somebody. They are so precisely trained to do one job together, that 6 of them function as one, see. They are multiple individuals, but function as one.  We call it, I think it’s Latin, Esprit de corps….. the spirit of the corps, the group.  That’s what Jesus Christ and God His Father have, they have a lot of Esprit de corps.  They are one Spirit, it’s the same spirit and it’s the same spirit of perfection wisdom and knowledge, love and power.  Same Spirit!  How could they both have that and not be God?  But there is only one Spirit.
Wherever God gives His spirit in this room, it’s all the same spirit.  Those of us who have that spirit, have a certain Esprit de corps with one another.  Now we don’t do it as well, I realize that and some of us are virtually strangers.  But if we can talk to each other for an hour or so and know that we have that bond.  You would trust me and I would trust you anywhere.  Why?  Because you have the spirit of God.  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps John.

Peace, G.Driggs

GinaMilan

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 02:23:27 AM »

Yeah, Stacey, it never gets boring.

Seriously, G. Driggs, that's fantastic.   (Kat, once again, thank you for typing those videos up!)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 08:42:15 AM »

Hey John

Another thing I enjoy about you, is your mature approach and adult contribution.  Not afraid to say something. I see strenght of Spirit. Not picky at all.  :) I know you better than that!  Your view point has a harmonious  application to improve, motivate and encourage understanding to not stand still or sink. I appreciate and have cause to consider what you are meaning or pointing out... :)

Gina, the best things happen when I am fast asleep...  :D...that excerpt goes very well with what I was seeing before John contributed another thought to the process of seeing as ONE. We are children, brothers, sisters, Sons, Daughters and then the Wife of Christ as His Church that has come out of legalism and the criteria of humanism. The carnal lusty, cranky, picky choosy, sniveling, bickering old man(woman) is behind us and we move in the comprehensive insight that we are, WE are, you, I, John, Kat….the believers….of One are ONE. Like the marriage of male and female there is no longer two but one and we as sons, daughters and brothers and sisters become One in the Mind and Spirit, Heart and Soul of our Creator who is our Husband. The lust of the flesh, the deceptions of the lust of the eyes, appearances and divisions, the pride of life to defend, compete, be right, not be wrong, be better not worse, be higher not lower, the head not the tail desires for achievement of man lies dead behind us as we understand our unity in Spirit and in Truth that the Father of our Lord, is seeking as we learn to helplessly worship, blindly obey and irresistibly manifest His Spirit and His Truth. God all in all.

For there  is now no longer male and female…..

What you contributed G Driggs

It’s always talking about BOTH.  ALWAYS!

WE, you, I, us have to always include BOTH,   Gal 3:28  There cannot be Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is no male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus….. Say You say me…say it together…. ALWAYS as we communicate as ONE from behind the walls of doubt….come out….that’s the way it should be. Together….. :)

Hey John, Gina, Kat G Driggs….together… for always…that’s the way it should be.  Can we hear Paul….there is no male nor female…Can we hear God…

We, the both always, are the dawn of tomorrow today. The consummation of all that is written of God, by God, that is God out of and from God, our God right? RIGHT! :D :)

The Plan, Purpose and Will is, was and shall be: Eph 4:13  until all of US (including those who can not be made perfect without US (Heb 11:40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect ) are united in the faith and in the full knowledge of God's Son, and until we attain mature adulthood and the full standard of development in Christ.
Yesterday, today and tomorrow. ONE God. Living not dead, risen not fallen, alive in Spirit and Truth. That’s ONE. His work and Spirit in us. His love made living and rising in our hearts, feeling for one another, praying for each other and believing in One God.

Is that more or less what you were seeing John?   :)

Arc
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 08:48:12 AM by Arcturus »

G. Driggs

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2010, 02:05:23 AM »

I just want to say this thread has been an answer to my prayers. I have been having a real hard time with not knowing Who to worship and pray to. You would think after a couple years at bible truths I would know, but I did not. Never the less I continued to ask God to "show me" as Ray would say, and it was not until I read this post and dug a little deeper that I realized it was ok to worship and pray to Jesus, because if I pray to Jesus then I'm also praying to the Father, through Jesus. I just wanna say thank you all for this thread, and thank God!

Peace, G.Driggs

GinaMilan

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2010, 03:13:58 AM »

Sure, G. Driggs.   Say, did you notice my update in my post above?

UPDATE:  I've been saying, above, that Jesus was the Creator since He did the creating, but I just noticed something I missed in the 2007 Nashville conference that Ray points out: "Who is the Savior of the world?  Jesus Christ.  God is the Savior of the world!  Yes Jesus Christ is the channel through who it comes.  But God almighty is the Savior of the world.  He’s also the Creator.  We are actually going to find out, who actually did the creating?  Christ. But who is the Creator?  God the Father, ok. "  
Source:  http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.0.html

The way I understand it, and maybe I'm incorrect, is that Jesus is the way to the Father of us all (and that includes Jesus Christ).  Worshiping the Father means believing (hearing/seeing with spiritual eyes and ears) and obeying His Word-which Jesus Christ is.    (I'm sorry, I hope I didn't just confuse you even more.)  What I'm trying to say is, worship is belief in and obedience to the Word which came by way of Jesus from the Father.  I don't know that it really matters whether we address God the Father or Jesus Christ in our prayers because they're One - they're in agreement on everything.  And while God the Father is greater than Jesus, Jesus still intercedes for us, so why can't we address Jesus?  If I'm obeying Jesus' Word (which is the Word from Father), I'm actually worshiping our Father.   It pleases the Father when we obey His Word (which is Jesus).  I think of Jesus as my older Brother who points me to our Father but I frankly address them both when I'm talking with them  -- they're in a sense both talking to us, right?  I don't think it's sacrilege at all.  Jesus said that the Father will (that's a definite) send us the Holy Spirit and He would teach us all things.  The Holy Spirit will teach you whether what I'm saying is truth or not.

Think of it like you're the owner of a company and you need someone to run the office while you're busy being you -- you don't talk, you just make the rules.  haha.  So, you hire an office manager who is the person who trains your employees as to how to run the company.  You and the office manager are in agreement on how the company should be run, so the manager is your mouthpiece to the subordinates/employees.  And that's just the way it works with God the Father (who is Spirit) and His Son Jesus Christ -- His Word.  And it pleases you, the owner of the company, when your employees obey your office manager, because when they obey him/her, they're in essence really obeying you.

So don't worry, please.  You're going to be fine.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 04:53:39 AM by GinaMilan »

G. Driggs

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2010, 05:30:00 AM »

I totally agree with you GinaMilan, it does not really matter Who I address, as they are One. Before this, I always kind of did what you do, and that was to address them both, in fear I would somehow offend One of Them. Now I have a bit more peace, confidence and faith that whatever I tell Jesus I'm in effect telling the Father. This subject has caused me a lot of confusion in the past, but not anymore as of this thread. Things seem to take a while to sink in with me, even though I've read them many times.

Thanks GinaMilan for the update.

G.Driggs

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2010, 07:52:13 AM »

Gal 4:6  And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

I feel so grateful and joyfilled to know you all and hear your sweet words of peace, fellowship and encouragement which is love for and with His Spirit with us and among us. It is such a privilage to be among you all.

We as one with Christ and the Spirit of Christ that is within us, we cry Abba, Father.  His Spirit is witness of His Spirit  rising us up as one voice to the Father as we are joined to and in Him within and among us.

Our fullness of time is come.

Gal 4:4  But when the fullness of the time came, God sent forth His Son, coming into being out of a woman, having come under Law,

Does this make our brothers subservient or lower than the Daughter or sister of His Kingdom? NO!

Rom 10:15  And how shall they (our brothers) preach unless THEY are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace and bring glad tidings of good things!" 

The brothers and Sons of God, let them preach whilst we the Daughters and sisters of the Kingdom of our God, bring glad tidings of love and encouragement in our Unity to and with and of Him Who prayed …let them be ONE.

Joh 17:23  I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them as You have loved Me.

Arc

GinaMilan

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »

I totally agree with you GinaMilan, it does not really matter Who I address, as they are One. Before this, I always kind of did what you do, and that was to address them both, in fear I would somehow offend One of Them. Now I have a bit more peace, confidence and faith that whatever I tell Jesus I'm in effect telling the Father. This subject has caused me a lot of confusion in the past, but not anymore as of this thread. Things seem to take a while to sink in with me, even though I've read them many times.

Thanks GinaMilan for the update.

G.Driggs

Yeah, seriously -- I mean, look at all the information Ray has on his website, and then there are the videos and audios in addition to the 66 books of the bible. Whoaa! And there's the forum, too.  Man, that's a lot.  And you got me thinking too -- and I just realized I don't pick a time and start praying, because I'm kinda thinking all day long.  And when my prayers are answered, I think I thank them both? haha -- I just never really thought about it before.   Sometimes I say thank you God (but I'm not consciously thinking Jesus and the Father)!!!  You're so cool!!  Or I'll say, Wow Jesus, you're so wonderful - thank you so much!"  But hey, that's just how I'm feeling -- I don't actually think about it - I just say, "God..." while I sit in a lotus position.  I'M KIDDING!!  haha.

Sometimes I thank God out loud "Thank you, God!" and my coworkers are all like, "Hey, no problem, G.  Anything I can do to help."   psshhh  ;D
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:25:18 PM by GinaMilan »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »

From the Lord's Prayer. 

Joh 17:6  "I have made you known to those you gave me out of the world. They belonged to you, and you gave them to me. They have obeyed your word,
Joh 17:7  and now they know that everything (all, everyone) you gave me comes from you.
Joh 17:8  I gave them the message that you gave me, and they received it; they know that it is true that I came from you, and they believe that you sent me.
Joh 17:9  "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those you gave me, for they belong to you.
Joh 17:10  All I have is yours, and all you have is mine; and my glory is shown through them.
Joh 17:11  And now I am coming to you; I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world. Holy Father! Keep them safe by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one just as you and I are one.
Joh 17:12  While I was with them, I kept them safe by the power of your name, the name you gave me. I protected them, and not one of them was lost, except the man who was bound to be lost---so that the scripture might come true.
Joh 17:13  And now I am coming to you, and I say these things in the world so that they might have my joy in their hearts in all its fullness.
Joh 17:14  I gave them your message, and the world hated them, because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world.
Joh 17:15  I do not ask you to take them out of the world, but I do ask you to keep them safe from the Evil One.
Joh 17:16  Just as I do not belong to the world, they do not belong to the world.
Joh 17:17  Dedicate them to yourself by means of the truth; your word is truth.
Joh 17:18  I sent them into the world, just as you sent me into the world.
Joh 17:19  And for their sake I dedicate myself to you, in order that they, too, may be truly dedicated to you.
Joh 17:20  "I pray not only for them, but also for those who believe in me because of their message.
Joh 17:21 I pray that they may all be one. Father! May they be in us, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they be one, so that the world will believe that you sent me.
Joh 17:22  I gave them the same glory you gave me, so that they may be one, just as you and I are one:
Joh 17:23  I in them and you in me, so that they may be completely one
, in order that the world may know that you sent me and that you love them as you love me.
Joh 17:24  "Father! You have given them to me, and I want them to be with me where I am, so that they may see my glory, the glory you gave me; for you loved me before the world was made.

Thy will be done.

Untangle THAT!   :D     
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

G. Driggs

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2010, 01:24:27 PM »

Gal 4:6  And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

I feel so grateful and joyfilled to know you all and hear your sweet words of peace, fellowship and encouragement which is love for and with His Spirit with us and among us. It is such a privilage to be among you all.

My sentiments exactly Arc. I too feel privileged and blessed to be among you all, and I just thank God for the knowledge, mercy and Love He has shown me through the brothers and sisters here at bible truths. It is also very humbling He would show all this to a sinner like me,  and I believe He did it so I could not boast, as I really have nothing to boast about except Him. He really knows how to pick em. ;) Not that I think I'm being chosen, but He is most definitely revealing some incredible things to not only me, but everyone here. This is at least one of the ways we are united by His Spirit.

Quote from: GinaMilan
and I just realized I don't pick a time and start praying, because I'm kinda thinking all day long.

I'm with you there Gina, I cant help but to think about and talk to God all day long. It would feel kinda weird to set aside a time to pray the way I used to in the past, which would be usually only at meals or bedtime.

Can you believe I actually thought at one time Jesus was not good? When He said in Mat 19:17  "And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." I literally thought He was saying He is not good. I think I understand now, not only was He being humble, but He just did not want me to know (at that time) He is God and He IS good and that I should love Him with everything I have, make Him first and foremost and in turn I will be doing the same to God the Father.

Mat 10:33  But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Joh 5:23  That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

G.Driggs
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 01:36:50 PM by G. Driggs »

GinaMilan

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2010, 09:06:35 PM »

I'm so glad you joined in, G. Driggs.  Check out the ending -- it's perfect!

Love to you all!

Gypsy Gina ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.