bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: demons, evil spirits, and hardships  (Read 5786 times)

Roy Coates

demons, evil spirits, and hardships
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:06:24 AM »

I am having some very difficult times. I am not sure if it is demons, evil spirits or God perfecting me through tribulations. I am not sure if I can know. If I come against evil that God has sent to me for perfecting me then I am opposing what God has ordered for me. Demons would have to identify themselves to me correct? Are evil spirits the same as demons?

Pray with me that God's will be done in my life, family, home, work and school. Satan has no power over me or my life(unless God authorises it) My family needs physical, emotional and financial healing. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen

judith collier

Re: demons, evil spirits, and hardships
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 03:18:44 AM »

Roy, boy, did John say some good stuff! There have been so many, many times that I found God between the rock and the hard place. I have come to understand that OUR fears take on a two dimension course. We think, well, it's either going to turn out this way or that way. Wrong! There will be solutions in your life that are not even thought of and this 3rd dimension is of God. Just when I would think all is hopeless and heaven was quiet toward me or I had lost favor with God then would God enter so that I knew without a doubt all was from Him.
I pray that every burden will be made light and you will receive wisdom from God. Remember the THIEF comes to kill and destroy. The Goodness of God will always overcome. I pray your financial troubles will cease, your spirit be renewed and your family be granted the grace to overcome. Do not set time limits because only God knows the time which is best. Stand firm and know you are loved. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Do not look at the problems but feast your eyes on your Redeemer. love, judy

jingle52

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:13:27 AM »

Hello Roy,
We all share in your pain, we are all given chastisements from God and they are so hard to bear. I have stuck a post-it here on my pc at work (don't know how long this job will last), and look at it constantly for peace of mind when I'm really going through a tough time:
Happy moments - praise God
Difficult moments - seek God
Quiet moments - worship God
Painful moments - trust God
Every moment - Thank God!

The encouragements from John and Judy are really inspiring. They seem to be addressed to me as well! Thank you.
Blessings to you and your family Roy, may your prayers reach up to our Saviour Jesus Christ and may He find compassion for us all. Amen
Prudence

Roy Coates

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:37:15 AM »

Thanks and bleesings to you all.

1Co 10:13 No trial has taken you except what is human. Now, faithful is God, Who will not be leaving you to be tried above what you are able, but, together with the trial, will be making the sequel also, to enable you to undergo it." CLV

lauriellen

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »

Roy, i am sorry for whatever you are going through....God will never leave you nor forsake you.
John.....your words " God is primarily working now with the weak and imperfect and rejected and scorned and lonely ones of the world who are sojourners and wanderers on the Earth.  We thirst for the living waters of God's Spirit.  We are God's mutts.  The screwed up ones.  He works with and saves the weak so no one can boast before Him.  We give God the credit when He saves us because we know we can do nothing on our own." describe me perfectly!  ;D
lauriellen

Kat

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 02:49:17 PM »

Hi Roy,

Trials come from many sources, they could be spiritual in nature - demons, or a boss or a family members, even our own fears can be a trial for us. As we know it is God who is ultimately responsible whatever the means may be. I think sometimes we are fearful of what we think lies ahead, what's around the corner, but we really don't know what God has in mind for us. So really our fears are unjustifed.

Luke 12:29  And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be of anxious mind.
v. 30  For all the nations of the world seek these things; and your Father knows that you need them.
v. 31  Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things shall be yours as well.
v. 32  "Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

I know that is easier said than done...  
But we know that out trials are teaching us something, they are a means for us to learn and grow and He certainly is very much aware of what's going on and cares, it's just that these trials are a necessary means to an end. I'm sure you know this Scripture very well, but here it is again.

James 1:2  Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials,
v. 3  for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
v. 4  And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

I'm praying for you Roy.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 07:25:55 PM »

Hi Roy

You have received some sympathetic and compassionate encouragement in the replies you have recieved.

I am not sure if it is demons, evil spirits or God

Rom 11:36  For of Him and through Him and to Him are ALL things; to Him be glory forever! Amen.

………I am not sure if I can know.

1Ti 2:3  for this is right and acceptable before God our Saviour,
1Ti 2:4  who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth;

If I come against evil that God has sent to me for perfecting me then I am opposing what God has ordered for me.

Mat 5:39  But I say unto you, That ye resist not EVIL:

Jas 4:7  Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil

…………be comforted, being united in love, and to all riches of the full assurance of the understanding, to the full knowledge of the secret of the God and Father, and of the Christ,
Col 2:3  in whom are all the treasures of the wisdom and the knowledge hid,
Col 2:4  and this I say, that no one may beguile you in enticing words,
Col 2:5  for if even in the flesh I am absent--yet in the spirit I am with you, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in regard to Christ;
Col 2:6  as, then, ye did receive Christ Jesus the Lord, in Him walk ye,
Col 2:7  being rooted and built up in Him, and confirmed in the faith, as ye were taught--abounding in it in thanksgiving.

Arc
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 07:32:26 PM by Arcturus »

Roy Coates

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 07:35:33 PM »

powerful messages from my brothers and sister. Peace be with you. More comforting than words can express.

Billy Bob White

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 09:49:15 PM »

HEY ROY THIS IS SOMETHING THAT HAS ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME, I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO DO THE SAME ,BUT IF YOU REALLY BELIEVE IT CAN AND WILL NOT FAIL YOU ,AND HERE IS HOW SIMPLE IT IS . SATAN IN THE NAME OF JESUS GET BEHIND ME AND THANK YOU FATHER FOR I KNOW THAT IT IS DONE.
 AND ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS . (1CO 5:5)  HAND THIS MAN OVER TO SATAN SO THAT THE SPIRIT MAY BE SAVED . AND THIS SAYING ,LIFE IS A B---- AND THAN YOU GO TO SLEEP.
  IN THE SPIRIT OF JESUS  LOVE YA BROTHER
BBW

judith collier

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 03:23:53 AM »

Roy, are you doing any better? Our minds, the physical part of us can be terrifying and work against us. I never trust mine, that's for sure!!I pray the Holy Spirit will be with you in a special way that only you understand. Getting ourselves lined up with the word of God will bring the blessings home. That's why this site is so good, people help us when we are off track. That's it, no more. He wants you to know He is the Giver of all good gifts. Love, judy

Roy Coates

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 05:44:50 AM »

Thanks Judy, it is still a melting pot of issues. I will survive

Roy Martin

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 09:03:33 AM »

Hi Roy,
You've received some good advice. I'm not sure I can add much more, but your a brother in need of all we can give you.
I use to fight and rebuke those spirits in every way possible as I was acknowledging their presence rather than God doing a work in me through them. Well it just never did work even once that I'm aware of. It was when I started acknowledging God, and thanking Him for doing a work in me through the trials that brought light to the darkness of fear, confusion, worry and stress. This is how God gave me faith, and strength as these things will continue to happen in our lives; some worse than others, and some less, but its God that we thank for what He is accomplishing by subjecting us to vanity. Consider it all good as hard as that might seem, it is possible with God.
Keep in your mind and heart that where ever Satan is; God is also there.Stay focused on God, and not Satan.

Peace
Roy M

daywalker

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 01:33:02 PM »

I am having some very difficult times. I am not sure if it is demons, evil spirits or God perfecting me through tribulations. I am not sure if I can know. If I come against evil that God has sent to me for perfecting me then I am opposing what God has ordered for me. Demons would have to identify themselves to me correct? Are evil spirits the same as demons?

Pray with me that God's will be done in my life, family, home, work and school. Satan has no power over me or my life(unless God authorises it) My family needs physical, emotional and financial healing. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen

It's possibly a mixture of all... I think I speak for all when I say that I understand what you are going through [maybe not 'specifically', but 'generally' as far as tribulations go...] and do empathize with you, and will keep you in my prayers.

I don't think demons would necessarily have to 'identify themselves', but they are everywhere, and so are angels [which also can be good or bad--Ps 78:49, etc]. Who knows how many of them there are? Jesus was able to identify Satan when he spoke through Peter. I believe through His Spirit we can too.

Daywalker  8)

judith collier

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 08:48:17 PM »

Our God is not a God of confusion and torment. Always draw closer to God when these things happen. If he created evil then He is responsible to see you through. Sometimes you never find out the reason. just do the best you can. judy

Roy Coates

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »

Spent the day in the garage and rockin/working. My singing and dancing to the Lord and some manual labor helped a lot. Everybody's posts have been a heart warming comfort to me. Thanks very much. Peace

Roy Coates

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 11:17:24 AM »

just a note to let you know my troubles have eased, thanks for praying for me.

judith collier

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 03:32:25 PM »

Thanks Roy, I pray for you continued peace and for God to continue guarding your mind and matters. Judy

Roy Coates

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 12:53:35 PM »

My solution to my difficulties was comprised of posting on the form, reading the replies, and praying for God's will. I am learning to walk by faith not by site. Hard to do. God is sustaining us. Praise God for the forum and you folks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.