bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: some spiritual help  (Read 4298 times)

markn902

some spiritual help
« on: May 21, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »

Hi everyone first let me say I trust God with all my heart and sincerely believe in forgiveness..repentance..and then cleansing I do. I know that "the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." (Heb 12:5-8 NIV)  I can certainly attest to that my life has been one big mess. No Dad an abusive Step-Dad..encarceration..lifelong battle with addiction. Through all of that I have always felt the Lords presence and he has always answered my prayers (sometimes I wish he hadn't)
But no at this point in my life I finally see Gods wonderful truth! Universal Reconciliation/Salvation. I am trying harder than any point in my life to live correctly me and the wife have bible studies at night..anyway I am rambling the point is that we always seem on the point of losing it! I really don't have a reliable income and hers couldn't provide for everything. It's usually me telling her not to worry that everything will work out (and it always does) but for some reason I have become stressed about it this time and she is the one telling me not to worry! my question is how do I know I am not getting ready for another round of disiplince/rebukement? I just don't think I can take it.  I know it would be for the best in Our Fathers plan for me in the long run if that was the case but I just don't want any pain right now. does this make any sense to anyone? has anyone felt like this? I usually always feel confident in God but I fell shaken this time and I don't like it!   anyways thanks for listening

Mark

aqrinc

Re: some spiritual help
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 02:06:58 PM »

Hi everyone first let me say I trust God with all my heart and sincerely believe in forgiveness..repentance..and then cleansing I do. I know that "the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." (Heb 12:5-8 NIV)  I can certainly attest to that my life has been one big mess. No Dad an abusive Step-Dad..encarceration..lifelong battle with addiction. Through all of that I have always felt the Lords presence and he has always answered my prayers (sometimes I wish he hadn't)
But no at this point in my life I finally see Gods wonderful truth! Universal Reconciliation/Salvation. I am trying harder than any point in my life to live correctly me and the wife have bible studies at night..anyway I am rambling the point is that we always seem on the point of losing it! I really don't have a reliable income and hers couldn't provide for everything. It's usually me telling her not to worry that everything will work out (and it always does) but for some reason I have become stressed about it this time and she is the one telling me not to worry! my question is how do I know I am not getting ready for another round of disiplince/rebukement? I just don't think I can take it.  I know it would be for the best in Our Fathers plan for me in the long run if that was the case but I just don't want any pain right now. does this make any sense to anyone? has anyone felt like this? I usually always feel confident in God but I fell shaken this time and I don't like it!   anyways thanks for listening

Mark

Hi Brother Mark,

Hope you can see why and understand what you are being taught by these Scriptures below. There really is nothing strange about what you are going through, that is exactly what you need, not want, and in a very precise measure. Rest brother, it is good that your wife is also seeing and supporting you when it gets hot.

Let me assure you that this fire you are enduring, is the same one everyone of us must be brought through.

Job 36:1-10 (CEV)
1  Elihu said:
2  Be patient a while longer; I have something else to say in God's defense.
3  God always does right-- and this knowledge comes straight from God.

4  You can rest assured that what I say is true.
5  Although God is mighty, he cares about everyone and makes fair decisions.

6  The wicked are cut down, and those who are wronged receive justice.
7  God watches over good people and places them in positions of power and honor forever.

8  But when people are prisoners of suffering and pain,
9  God points out their sin and their pride,
10  then he warns them to turn back to him.

Heb 12:1-12 (CEV)
1  Such a large crowd of witnesses is all around us! So we must get rid of everything that slows us down, especially the sin that just won't let go. And we must be determined to run the race that is ahead of us.

2  We must keep our eyes on Jesus, who leads us and makes our faith complete. He endured the shame of being nailed to a cross, because he knew that later on he would be glad he did. Now he is seated at the right side of God's throne!
3  So keep your mind on Jesus, who put up with many insults from sinners. Then you won't get discouraged and give up.

4  None of you have yet been hurt in your battle against sin.
5  But you have forgotten that the Scriptures say to God's children, "When the Lord punishes you, don't make light of it, and when he corrects you, don't be discouraged.

6  The Lord corrects the people he loves and disciplines those he calls his own."
7  Be patient when you are being corrected! This is how God treats his children. Don't all parents correct their children?
8  God corrects all of his children, and if he doesn't correct you, then you don't really belong to him.

9  Our earthly fathers correct us, and we still respect them. Isn't it even better to be given true life by letting our spiritual Father correct us?
10  Our human fathers correct us for a short time, and they do it as they think best. But God corrects us for our own good, because he wants us to be holy, as he is.

11  It is never fun to be corrected. In fact, at the time it is always painful. But if we learn to obey by being corrected, we will do right and live at peace.
12  Now stand up straight! Stop your knees from shaking
13  and walk a straight path. Then lame people will be healed, instead of getting worse.

14  Try to live at peace with everyone! Live a clean life. If you don't, you will never see the Lord.
15  Make sure that no one misses out on God's wonderful kindness. Don't let anyone become bitter and cause trouble for the rest of you.

16  Watch out for immoral and ungodly people like Esau, who sold his future blessing for only one meal.

17  You know how he later wanted it back. But there was nothing he could do to change things, even though he begged his father and cried.

george :).

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:08:41 PM by aqr »

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 02:31:13 PM »

Hey Mark.  Whether you know it or not, you are obeying this scripture:

Rom 5:1-5  By faith we have been made acceptable to God. And now, because of our Lord Jesus Christ, we live at peace with God.  Christ has also introduced us to God's undeserved kindness on which we take our stand. So we are happy, as we look forward to sharing in the glory of God.  But that's not all! We gladly suffer, because we know that suffering helps us to endure.  And endurance builds character, which gives us a hope that will never disappoint us. All of this happens because God has given us the Holy Spirit, who fills our hearts with his love.

Every day is not better than the one before.  At least it isn't for me.  That's why we need endurance, and that's why He's given us His Spirit, so that suffering produces endurance in those at peace with God.  

Endurance isn't a party, either.  We aren't called to enjoy, but to rejoice.  That's faith.

You're going to get to that 'hope that will never disappoint'.  That is God's express will for you.  In the meantime, here's maybe the most 'manly' verses in the NT.

Heb 12:1-4  Since we are surrounded by so many examples of faith, we must get rid of everything that slows us down, especially sin that distracts us. We must run the race that lies ahead of us and never give up.  We must focus on Jesus, the source and goal of our faith. He saw the joy ahead of him, so he endured death on the cross and ignored the disgrace it brought him. Then he received the highest position in heaven, the one next to the throne of God. Think about Jesus, who endured opposition from sinners, so that you don't become tired and give up.  You struggle against sin, but your struggles haven't killed you.  The KJV puts it:  you have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Hang in there.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:48:40 PM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 04:56:44 PM »

I just don't want any pain right now. does this make any sense to anyone? has anyone felt like this?

Yes. :(

I have felt like I was baptized in fire! The pain was so great.  I never ever want to experience it again. I know that pain and though it may only be a small part of what Jesus our Lord experienced, I would also be desperate to ask God to let that cup pass if it ever comes round again....and God willing, be enabled by the Spirit of Christ to say, not my will but Your Will Be Done!

Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Arc

markn902

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 07:14:05 PM »

Thank you all that does help. I feel like "martha martha" in Luke 10  :) worrying about this and that. The scriptures and words you all wrote were very helpful thank you

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 07:31:31 PM »

Mark, can I say just this...You are absolutely NOT alone in your struggles! So many are going through some very hard trials..I promise you that's true...not a one of us escapes it! I will offer my prayers for you because I know how it feels to think you can NOT take any more...and there is a little saying, it's not scripture, but it is true..what doesn't kill you will make you stronger! God is not out to kill us, but he is out to do away with our man of sin! That will take a whole lifetime!! hang on!
Kathy  ;)

judith collier

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 09:15:51 PM »

Dear Mark, just don't get ahead of God. No one knows when good things or bad things will happen or even what will happen. Yes, run the race but slow the mind down, focus on our Lord, not the problems. You're just shook up for awhile. Good always re-enters. Always! I will remeber you when i pray. God brings to rememberance for me those I say i will pray for so you won't be forgotten. Love, judy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.