bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Family Crisis  (Read 5013 times)

octoberose

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Family Crisis
« on: May 21, 2010, 01:36:34 PM »

God has used this site in my life to deal with a crisis with one of my children. Without a fuller understanding of God and His Mercy and His judgements, I would have been frantic that my son was going to hell and that would not have helped the discussion at all, so I'm grateful for God who can use our sin to bring us to Him. But I am heartbroken and scarred. Please pray for our son, for his heart and his willingness to listen to God. I am very grateful to have you all to go to.
In Him

Linny

Re: Family Crisis
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 02:40:05 PM »

Many of us are going through very difficult trials right now. I am sorry for yours as our children mean so much to us and the pain is so deep when things are not right.
I hope you can find some peace very soon and that your relationship begins to heal. Just remember that God does the choosing and not us. Love him unconditionally as God does.
Blessings, Lin

judith collier

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 09:03:21 PM »

Dear Octoberose, of course. If you read that thread 'prayers needed' you would see my son too needs help. So many parents and grandparents are suffering because of the children. I will remember him along with mine. God knows him and now we do. Keep praying for him and listen to him without judgement. It is so difficult to speak with them at times when their hearts are hardened. Didn't God say he would save the members of our household? Be as patient with him as possible. I will remember. judy

octoberose

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 10:43:23 PM »

Thank you for your prayers. I keep remembering that God loved us in our state of sin, and has paid the price for our iniquities. How can I do less? But we're still speaking the truth and giving God the credit.
 When children don't live up to your hopes and beliefs it's hard not to question everything we've done to raise them. But even God pleaded with Cain, and he still turned around and killed his brother.

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 12:29:17 AM »

praying for you and yours, peace.

Stacey

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 10:21:19 AM »

God has used this site in my life to deal with a crisis with one of my children. Without a fuller understanding of God and His Mercy and His judgements, I would have been frantic that my son was going to hell and that would not have helped the discussion at all, so I'm grateful for God who can use our sin to bring us to Him. But I am heartbroken and scarred. Please pray for our son, for his heart and his willingness to listen to God. I am very grateful to have you all to go to.
In Him

Hi octoberose, knowing the truth concerning the judgement of God on and in us is like having a heavy burden lifted off our shoulders for sure. Especially when comparred to the old school turn or burn garbage we were all taught. I too was very concerned before finding Ray and BT that many of my family members were going to hell and some that had already passed on were there already.

I'm sorry for your troubles with your son but you can rest easy a little knowing this, in the long run, God will have His way with him in due time, Gods time, and the end result will be good for your son.
Stacey

Roy Martin

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 10:22:30 AM »

Hello octoberose,
Try not to see your son in the state he is in, but rather the purpose that God is using him for. The whole world is Gods tools, so to speak.
I have a few family members that I know for sure are in my life to humble me, to make me see beyond the surface, to see them as God sees them.
When you look at your son, and consider his heart and spiritual condition; look at yourself, not the surface, but your heart of what God wants you to see and be.
Its a tough thing to swallow, but your son is your testing of bringing you into the image of God.

Peace
Roy

octoberose

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 12:40:15 PM »

Yes, Roy I can see that and I never would have if it wasn't for seeing the scriptures and what they really say. But I feel that He's sacrificing my child so we'll love more completely and rely on Him. But Roy, he's my only son. Why does he have to be the sacrifice? Why not me?

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »

Octoberose, God doesn't need any more sacrifice. Jesus, I don't believe ever considered Himself a sacrifice. He came to tell us we were loved and forgiven if we repent, even that is a grace from God and that we would receive the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of the Father and the Son)to work in us. It is ALL in God's hand's.
Roy was right, if we are called then we are going to have some ugly people rub against us to conform us into the image of God. God will save your son but he will use YOU and when YOU are made right by God in this area then he will handle your son. I see this so plainly now as that is what I am learning in regard to mys son. It's just for awhile. My patience has increased 10 fold lately with my son and I know grace is working in me. It's not easy. Listen and listen a lot, be patient and have faith God loves your son more than you ever could.  Love, Judy

Roy Martin

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »

Yes, Roy I can see that and I never would have if it wasn't for seeing the scriptures and what they really say. But I feel that He's sacrificing my child so we'll love more completely and rely on Him. But Roy, he's my only son. Why does he have to be the sacrifice? Why not me?

I understand your heart. I too have a son that is out there in the world of drugs of every kind, homeless for many years, sleeping where ever he lands. Its painful, but there is nothing I can do for him except give him a word when ever he calls which is almost never. I don't even know where he is or how to contact him. I have been where he is, but God let know me after He brought me out of it that He was with me the whole time just as He is with your son.
We all have our own paths that have been preordained. We don't know where or how far they lead us in the temporary, but we do know that God is in control and we can do nothing about it. There is a purpose, and it all comes from a loving heavenly father beyond description.

In Christ
Roy
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:15:18 AM by Roy Martin »

octoberose

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 02:42:59 AM »

Thank you Judy and Roy and those of you who have prayed with me. Your kind words of God's comfort really do help. Wednesday we go see a Christian counselor. If you would pray for our time with him I'd really appreciate it. Blessings to you all.

Roy Coates

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 12:54:28 PM »

Prayers continuing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.