bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My mother  (Read 3612 times)

dre91

My mother
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:43:08 PM »

On mothers day i went to my moms church. Before i went  we had a disagreement on the dress code. I use to wear a suit every sunday when i was a minister in the church. Since i quit or "came from out of her", i no longer buy clothes like that. I use to dress very flashy and i had very expensive taste. Now i wear dress casual. I dont have "church clothes" as church goers call them. I was going to attend again this sunday because my moms wants me to hear this ladies prayer and tell her what it means. She told me not to dress like a bomb and she asked me why i dont wear suits. I told her i wasnt into the fashion show and i wear what i want. I was under a dress code when i served as a minister @ cornerstone baptist church. We had a certain dress for 1st sunday, communion sunday. As an armorbearer we had a dress code, dress like our pastor. I think God im freed from all of that.

Roy Coates

Re: My mother
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:28:32 PM »

I went to a church a few years ago dressed in blue jeans and a t-shirt. The decon welcomed me and invited me back and then told me to pray to god for an answer on how to dress for church. I returned the following sunday and sat in the back dressed in blue jeans and a t-shirt and that decon came and was a little upset with me. He said I thought I told you to pray to god on how to dress for our church. I told him I prayed and prayed but God said he had no idea how to dress for your church cause He had never been there....j/k

I hope you and your moms worked out your disagreement. peace and thanks for sharing

Linny

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 04:25:35 PM »

ROY! LOL  :D :D
My thinking is that if someone asks me to go someplace with them, when I am doing THEM a favor, then it is outright rude of them to question my clothing choices.
If it were my mom, I'd first say, "Mom, you are being rude." And I'd add, "If you want me to go with you, then understand that I will wear what I wish to and will not discuss it with you any further."
Otherwise, I wouldn't go at all.
Honestly, I couldn't stomach it anyway. Maybe she can just bring you a tape to listen to the prayer and be done with it!  ;)

markn902

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:01:41 PM »

I went to a church a few years ago dressed in blue jeans and a t-shirt. The decon welcomed me and invited me back and then told me to pray to god for an answer on how to dress for church. I returned the following sunday and sat in the back dressed in blue jeans and a t-shirt and that decon came and was a little upset with me. He said I thought I told you to pray to god on how to dress for our church. I told him I prayed and prayed but God said he had no idea how to dress for your church cause He had never been there....j/k

Now thats just downright funny!  :D I am going to remember that
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.