bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is this angel?  (Read 5204 times)

jassy

Who is this angel?
« on: May 23, 2010, 03:37:22 PM »

hi there. Just a little curious and did a search but found no references to these verses in the context of my query. I ask if it has been discussed before.
The verse is Exodus 23 v 20 to 23

"Behold, I am going to send  an Angel before you to guard you along the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. "Be on your guard before Him and obey His voice; do not be rebellious toward Him, for He will not pardon your transgression, since My name is in Him.  "But if you truly obey His voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries.

In king James the angel is capitalised and not in some other bibles. I heard some say it was  Christ yet that does not make sense to me to have Christ referred to as an angel.

any thoughts?

Jassy

jassy

Re: Who is this angel?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 05:09:07 AM »

Thank you John.

I put in Michael as a search and found this has been discussed. Never associated Michael in that context.
Its not that important to my walk but is it is exciting to find something new each time a question is asked.

What a marvellous Book God gave us. Its a drama, love story, documentary, thriller and a mystery all in one. But never fiction and it never gets old.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 06:29:45 AM »

What a marvellous Book God gave us. Its a drama, love story, documentary, thriller and a mystery all in one. But never fiction .....

Truth is stranger than fiction!  :D :)

Blessings to you

Arc

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:29:29 PM »

Hope this is of some help.

Heb 1:5  God never said to any of his angels, "You are my Son. Today I have become your Father." And God never said to any of his angels, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son."
Heb 1:6  When God was about to send his firstborn Son into the world, he said, "All of God's angels must worship him." Heb 1:7  God said about the angels, "He makes his messengers winds. He makes his servants flames of fire."
Heb 1:8  But God said about his Son, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever. The scepter in your kingdom is a scepter for justice.
Heb 1:9  You have loved what is right and hated what is wrong. That is why God, your God, anointed you, rather than your companions, with the oil of joy.

Dan 10:13  But the ruler of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days. But lo, Michael, one of the chief rulers, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.

Dan 10:21  I will tell you what is written in The Book of Truth. But first, you must realize that no one except Michael, the guardian angel of Israel, is on my side.

Dan 12:1  And at that time Michael shall stand up, the great ruler who stands for the sons of your people.

Jud 1:9  But Michael, the archangel, when contending with the Devil, he argued about the body of Moses, he dared not bring a judgment of blasphemy, but said, Let the Lord rebuke you!

Peace...Mark

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »

An eye witness declaration Marky Mark 8)

Num 10:8  And the sons of Aaron, the priests, shall blow with the trumpets; and they shall be to you for an ordinance for ever throughout your generations.

Arc

jassy

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »

thanks Mark

appreciate the time given to my query.

jassy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.